3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

srusnak102

Apr 28, 2017
Uhh moe. Bad with clothes on, worse photoshopping his head on a womans body. Should have photoshopped on to Amanda's. Lol

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I started playing for the daughter, and I'd like to finish with the daughter, but at this point it's looking like I'll wind up enjoying the Heidi ending more.

I'd be curious to know why you bring up the difference between paying and non-paying player's comments. I mean, people who pay to support you already think the game is great or they wouldn't be supporting it. That's not to say that people can't change their minds, but if they already enjoy it that much it's not surprising that you'd see less deviation and disagreement. Conversely though, it makes it seem like you're calling the people who don't pay ungrateful freeloaders, because they're the only one's you think are criticising the story's direction.

But, let's give you the benefit of the doubt, and for a second assume that's not the implication you're making. What is the point you're trying to make with the comparison of paying and non-paying players? What exactly do you believe is the correlation?
It's because of the exact same reason I hired AW to write DFD along with me: he didn't like my first game (Emily: Sister Attraction). It's obviously extremely interesting to listen to your guys' feedback on 14. But you still have a few chapters to go through... :)

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
[...]I'm simply asking about the purpose of the comparison. The two sides think differently. And? Is it supposed to make us rethink our positions just because the people that pay for the product liked it? As I already said, it's not surprising that there's less deviation amongst people who enjoyed the story enough that they were already willing to pay for it.
No. It gives us even more feedback, which we love, be it negative or positive; in order to make better games. Again, why would I be here if I only care about what our patrons think?

Reactions: Izari and DrFog

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
No. It gives us even more feedback, which we love, be it negative or positive; in order to make better games. Again, why would I be here if I only care about what our patrons think?
I never said you only cared about patrons. If I thought that I wouldn't have asked why you made the comparison.

I also don't understand how comparing the two leads to more feedback. The fact that patrons who played it first generally enjoyed it doesn't affect my opinion. I mean, do you go to your patron subscribers and tell them that the people who played it for free didn't like it?

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I never said you only cared about patrons. If I thought that I wouldn't have asked why you made the comparison.

I also don't understand how comparing the two leads to more feedback. The fact that patrons who played it first generally enjoyed it doesn't affect my opinion. I mean, do you go to your patron subscribers and tell them that the people who played it for free didn't like it?
What? No. I listen to both.

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
(...)
Not necessarily.

Let's say I run a business. There are investors who get dividends from the success of the company. So far we're making profits but if I take a risk there's a possibility I could make a lot more money. Market research says its a good idea. However, the investors don't want to take the chance

Who do you trust? The people who don't know your business but know the market, or the investors who'd rather keep making a return on their money?

The fact is you have to take both and weigh your options. You can't ever just listen to one side of the table, especially if that table is agreeing with you. I understand that Palmer thinks that's what's he's doing, I'm simply asking about the purpose of the comparison. The two sides think differently. And? Is it supposed to make us rethink our positions just because the people that pay for the product liked it? As I already said, it's not surprising that there's less deviation amongst people who enjoyed the story enough that they were already willing to pay for it. (...)

I'm not sure that comparison is a good one. Palmer is not out to build giant customer bases like, say, a fast food corporation, doesn't issue stocks and shares, etc. The content makes it a niche market. While it's important to try to remain interesting and become of appeal beyond an existing clientele, the scale is much smaller, the circle (strangely perhaps) more personal.

I think the gist of this fable is good. An ancient tale, but no less relevant for that, I think:

Apart from that, Palmer has responded further, so having expressed a view and tried to clarify it, I'll conclude that view here.

Reactions: Antosha and Palmer

DrFog

Sep 18, 2018
1548987836109.png

This month we have a special scene with Heidi and the MC, consisting of 24 bonus images. You don't wanna miss this one if you like Heidi, and more on this scene might come soon. You are of course still getting the images and everything else that follow with the tier already.

1548987917359.png

Seriously, watch this in 1080p :)

This is v0.9; voice acting has not been added. Somethings can potentially change in this chapter later.

My favorite so far. By far.

Running this game in incognito mode is not recommended. Note that completing chapter 1-16 is required to play this chapter; backup attached below if you lost your save(s). Chrome or Firefox recommended to play. There is no support for IE or Edge. Also note that progress from a downloaded version will not transfer over to an online version and vice versa. If you are having issues with this, you need to restart from Chapter 1(online)and play from there, or download a backup. Some security/privacy extensions (like ad-blockers)might cause loading issues (black screen). VPNs sometimes cause issues as well, so be sure to disable it if you have issues.

DO NOT FORGET TO BACKUP YOUR SAVE FILES!

Please email any potential issues you might encounter to support@love-joint.com or on our Note that you might see a black window for a while untilthe game loads. Consider closing your other browser tabs beforeplaying. Disable your adblocker! (We don't have any ads).

Note: This is fiction. All characters in this game are over 18 years of age and there is no blood relationships between them. All sex scenes are optional.

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
Oooh. Nice.

Heidi looking wild-eyed in the second pic. Heidilwild ....

I hope the MC finally comes to his senses and goes wild too. Heidilwild. And stays there. ... ;)

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
If I hadn't been such a fan of this game for so long, I wouldn't be commenting at all. But chapter 17 is a serious disappointment. I really did think @Palmer and his team could write Amanda back into the narrative, but it's even worse than I thought:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And if you choose no, there's literally nothing else that happens in this update for me, because I chose Kathy last chapter, so I guess I'll try again with a Heidi save. Choices in previous chapters should affect content of course, but a game where the choices that I WANT TO MAKE as a player invested in the story should never result in NO content.

Obviously, lots of games have places where the MC can make a bad choice that results in no content. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about "Oh, you like Kathy more than Heidi or Amanda and didn't want to have sex with Lily several chapters ago? No content for you!!" That's dumb.

Edit: I'm not saying that I demand another Kathy sex scene in this update! I understand it's Amanda focused. But if you've chosen Kathy over Heidi last chapter and reject Amanda in this chapter, it takes like 5 minutes to "play" this release. Disappointing.

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
If I hadn't been such a fan of this game for so long, I wouldn't be commenting at all. But chapter 17 is a serious disappointment. I really did think Palmer and his team could write Amanda back into the narrative, but it's even worse than I thought:

And if you choose no, there's literally nothing else that happens in the game. I chose Kathy, so I guess I'll try again with a Heidi save. Choices in previous chapters should affect content of course, but a game where the choices that I WANT TO MAKE as a player invested in the story should never result in NO content.

Obviously, lots of games have places where the MC can make a bad choice that results in no content. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about "Oh, you like Kathy more than Heidi or Amanda and didn't want to have sex with Lily several chapters ago? No content for you!!" That's dumb.
Why
wouldn't
he
say
something
like:

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes