3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
just enjoy or play prev. chapter to see what happened before they slept.

Lonecanuck

Sep 5, 2017
On my first play through, everything cruising along...
Then chapter 12 ends with me drinking beer and watching tv alone.
On to chapter 13... I wake up naked with 2 girls that I definitely didnt go to bed with...

Looks like I have to restart from the beginning AND use a walk through to get continuity?
There’s a cheat code in the guide on the opening post that makes it so you didn’t have the threesome in ch 12, that way ch 13’s start is different

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
The game is not linear depending on what type of ending you want to get. That is all.
I suppose the insightful Lonecanuck actually meant something more like "sequential" than "linear" in its customary sense?

I thought myself - reading LC's post earlier - "linear" would suggest no parallel/diverging routes exist, routes that may in turn have potential consequences for the rest of the game (see "Sliding Doors"!).

"Linear" normally = one single (even remorseless) straight line.

A broader term ("sequential"?) - might include such parallel/divergent routes - e.g. set off by different player choices - with (even unavoidable) ongoing impacts for the rest of the game. (> "One thing - leads to another!" .... *)

A different path taken probably doesn't affect the cloud of suspicion, or deep-lying anxiety/pangs/tensions the MC lives under throughout most of the game.

Less still, alter whatever his past life included.

But it definitely seems to affect his **love life** - his blue-balled abstinence or balls-relieving couplings - during the story as we see it .... and, here and there, choose his paths on it!

And I suppose most might agree, the guy's love interest(s) is/are not entirely a side issue in this game! :-O

(pp Team Heidi ...)

(*) And as the old standard goes on (approx.): " Too late - to run for cover! / Mo's much - too close for comfort now! ...")

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I want to try this game but as i see there are 16 chapters but only 14 to download.
17, actually
The newest 3 are for patreons only. You can either pay $10 a month and play them all or wait 'til they're released for freeloaders like us ;)
You're also welcome to try to hack your way into the paid online versions. Palmer won't mind, as he says.

Reactions: pim0

periergeia

Jul 19, 2017
I tried to play the offline version that i downloaded from zippy links here and in chapter 6 crashes right after a push start game.. I tried to start from the begining of ch1 agin and again but still error screen appears on ch6.. Any ideas?

Reactions: Tremoulos

lanternflux

Jan 24, 2019
The story is linear. There's no branching narratives based on the choices you make as of right now. You go from point A to point B with the same story. Maybe we'll get different endings with different girls but that does not make the first 15 or so chapters non-linear in their story telling. We don't even have a choice about whether or not we start a relationship with one of the characters.

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
I don't think that last statement is true, for a start.

My MC has so far successfully avoided all romance with Lily. He says because his life is too complicated already. I suspect it's really because she's not as voluptuous as the others. (Oh, and he also sidestepped a fling with the finance manager - whose name I forget.)

As far as I can see, Amanda is the only girl/woman he can't escape.

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
Olivia was also a choice. My MC went for her. He says because he was freaked out with the Amanda situation. But I think it's actually because he is drawn to practically-minded, hands-on women.

Especially voluptuous ones ...

PPE2RedDucks

Oct 3, 2018
Ah, misread your OP. As "one" meaning "any one".

Well yes. But that li'l lady's sort of anchored in the game's title, before the Big Clampdown happened and skewed the game differently, even knocking out the central pole of the tent, so to speak. But even with Mandy, you can fob her off (much of the time, if not always) after the initial game-enforced entanglement.

So, Amanda, Elaine and the Moe-related saga apart, you agree, you do have choices/divergences in the game - with all the other female characters? (Except Elaine, who died before we knew her, before the game, and her ?sister?, who's ... well, just not into you/MC ...)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ I mean, Heidi or no Heidi is the most important element of the game for me ;)

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes