3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Chapter 1 was released a long time ago for free. I'm guessing you're referring to Ch19, which will be out soon. There are also 4 DFD Patreon epilogues, one for each girl, that we cannot currently set a date for free release given everything that we are currently working on. Meanwhile, we released DH Ep6 on Oct 17 and DH Ep7 on Dec 6. This follows our usual release schedule for our free games and it's been that way for years. As always, we are doing everything we can to get things out for free as soon as possible. Sorry that Ch19 took longer to release than you were expecting.
Hey, Palmer's back! Yay!

Are you saying that the DFD epilogues will be released for free? I understand no date, given how long some of the later chapters took, and the work you're doing on your other games.

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
No, we have not. We have shown a preview of it though. Please read the post if you are interested.
May want to check some other sites then. They are reporting that it is and you'll be providing info and screen shots in January and it had your name pinned to it. I go by what you post on Discord :)

Last edited:

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's a visual bonus scene, nothing else. Please read the post if you are interested.
All-in-all I think a DFD sequel is not a bad idea.
Of course I would still like to see a Daughter+Kathy ending. :)

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
Chapter 1 was released a long time ago for free. I'm guessing you're referring to Ch19, which will be out soon. There are also 4 DFD Patreon epilogues, one for each girl, that we cannot currently set a date for free release given everything that we are currently working on. Meanwhile, we released DH Ep6 on Oct 17 and DH Ep7 on Dec 6. This follows our usual release schedule for our free games and it's been that way for years. As always, we are doing everything we can to get things out for free as soon as possible. Sorry that Ch19 took longer to release than you were expecting.
A little birdie told me you were here, so just a quick response -
DH 6 on 10/17, but DH 7 12/6. Usually, you are ONE month behind for free releases, but now DH, the new game, is farther behind as well.
DFD is now SEVEN months behind.

You claim "we are doing everything we can to get things out for free", but what is really involved? Opening a web portal? Oh jeez, change the route decorator. So tough. Ouch. One verb on a controller. EVERYTHING that can be done...

You are dramatizing your effort, and just falling further behind the free release schedule while demanding $20 for something Z is saying exists, but YOU are denying.

Sorry, "Bud", but this sounds more scammy every time you make a post.

If your model is changing, just admit it. If not, stop changing it just because you feel like it.

What is the truth?

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
DH 6 on 10/17, but DH 7 12/6. Usually, you are ONE month behind for free releases, but now DH, the new game, is farther behind as well.

You claim "we are doing everything we can to get things out for free", but what is really involved? Opening a web portal? Oh jeez, change the route decorator. So tough. Ouch. One verb on a controller. EVERYTHING that can be done...

You are dramatizing your effort, and just falling further behind the free release schedule while demanding $20 for something Z is saying exists, but YOU are denying.

Sorry, "Bud", but this sounds more scammy every time you make a post.

If your model is changing, just admit it. If not, stop changing it just because you feel like it.

What is the truth?
To be fair, they need to release the standalone version too. That takes some work.

JonnyL34

Oct 2, 2018
It seems their business model is to release free chapters quickly at the beginning to get people invested and then gradually increase the release times of free chapters in the hope that impatient people go to Patreon and pay. That's what's happened with DfD & as you've stated it's now begun with DH, which does make it sound scammy as you said. No doubt that when DH is on its final chapter Palmer will find a "problem" that will delay its free release indefinitely just like DfD.

I do also wonder how much longer it's gonna take for DfD to be labelled "Abandoned" by this thread.

Zed | Love-Joint

Love-Joint Team
Game Developer
Dec 18, 2018
but now DH, the new game, is farther behind as well.
Where have we ever stated a free release schedule for DH? Did we ever say it would be released monthly? We never did, as when we tired to AIM for a 6/8 week one with DFD, it became an expectation and we didn't want that to happen again.
As Palmer just said on our Discord, DFD CH19 will be released In a number of days.
sound scammy as you said.
Scammy? Releasing our games for free? Who are we scamming? We don't force you to become a patreon, it's optional, so I'm not sure how we're running a scam?

Last edited:

JonnyL34

Oct 2, 2018
As Palmer just said on our Discord, DFD CH19 will be released In a number of days.
And like I said before, I'll believe it when I see it. Sorry Z, but you've exhausted all my goodwill in the company you work for. You over promised and under delivered and now you're getting annoyed when people call you out on it. An explanation post as to why would've been nice, but all I've seen (even on the Discord) is that you basically got distracted by Double Homework and the Patreon goodies and forgot. Amazing.

If Ch.19 does spontaneously appear in a day or two then it's arrived at a point where I've long forgotten anything about the story except for how much of an unlikable bitch Amanda is, which is pretty bad considering the title of the game.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
We have never said 4 weeks. We have said about a month, or around ~4-6 weeks. It has been that way for years.

And the games are free, and will always be.

Also, we are small team with one coder. We simply had to focus on releasing DH, and testing the new engine we have built. We also released Stranded with Her for free.

You are saying it's easy to make it a free game and upload it. This is false, and I don't think you know what code we use in the engine, etc. I just wanted to clarify that,

Calling us scammers when we release free games? I don't understand this, and I'm sorry you feel this way. But believe me we are doing our best every single month.

Last edited:

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
No doubt that when DH is on its final chapter Palmer will find a "problem" that will delay its free release indefinitely just like DfD.
This and the entire post you made is completely inaccurate, and I am sorry you feel this way. DH uses a completely new engine. We didn't focus on making it hacker-safe, we just focused on making a new game and updating the engine every month. Again, I'm sorry you feel this way, but your post is incorrect.

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
We have never said 4 weeks. We have said about a month, or around ~4-6 weeks. It has been that way for years.

Also, we are small team with one coder. We simply had to focus on releasing DH, and testing the new engine we have built. We also released Stranded with Her for free.

You are saying it's easy to make it a free game and upload it. This is false, and I don't think you know what code we use in the engine, etc. I just wanted to clarify that,

Calling us scammers when we release free games? I don't understand this, and I'm sorry you feel this way. But believe me we are doing our best every single month.
You know that once DFD19 is out and people have completed it...The demands for all the epilogues are gonna start appearing lol lol

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Are you saying that the DFD epilogues will be released for free?
Absolutely. They were $10 extras included with DH every month. But we don't have time to make them free now since we want to get DFD19 out as soon as possible. Meanwhile, the new chapter of Double Homework contains around 130 images. We have a month to do this, and it's Christmas and New Years Eve this month. This means an extreme workload where we unfortunately cannot also dedicate time to code the epilogues for free just yet. But as always, all games will be free, as we have always done. Thank you for your comment!

Reactions: HunterSeeker

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017

Also, we are small team with one coder. We simply had to focus on releasing DH, and testing the new engine we have built. We also released Stranded with Her for free,

I'm sorry you feel this way. But believe me we are doing our best every single month.
What I'm actually saying is that the free releases fall farther behind. I looked at your website, and per the release posts (this is DH, which I haven't played a single episode of): Episode 4 took about 5 weeks (33 days) which, in fairness, is in your 4-6 timeline. But 5 (48 days) & 6 (46 days) took 7 weeks, and 7 took 9 weeks (66 days). Episode 8 is at 7 weeks (40 days) and counting.
From this perspective, Episode 7 is 4 weeks behind the 5-week schedule of episode 4.

And of course this game is now 7 MONTHS behind.

Delaying longer, seemingly in the hope of getting more people to pledge while still calling the game a 'release for free' is why I don't feel the approach is honest (you are right, 'scammy' was harsh).

I actually feel bad because when this game came out, I wanted to like it. I liked the art and the premise. Then it became about changing DRM and pushing the releases back, and it got frustrating. And then WITHIN the game, the attitude change which hacked just about everyone off... And still no resolution, because the 'always will be free' game won't release it's last episode.

I know it's easy to blow off a non Patron, and I don't blame you. I don't have the money to have a voice, and I pay the price for that by waiting for the free release. I appreciated that you did that. But seven months later, I have to say 'did', and not 'do'.

Last edited:

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I know it's easy to blow off a non Patron, and I don't blame you. I don't have the money to have a voice, and I pay the price for that by waiting for the free release. I appreciated that you did that. But seven months later, I have to say 'did', and not 'do'.
I respect your opinion but I disagree with it. The timing between free releases is simply based on when we have the time to do it. Some months are extreme, like this one for instance. And again, we have only one coder. We chose to spend the time we had to release DH instead of DFD. Some months the free releases are later than usual, but it's simply a matter of time, which is extremely short for a monthly release like DH. When people in our Discord asks when a chapter or episode is released the answer is simply "There is no ETA" from our mods. We aim at ~4-6 weeks, but we don't spend time counting days, etc. Again, I totally understand you and respect your opinion. I simply don't agree with it and think some of the things you are saying are false. And calling us scammers is kind of a low blow... Thank you for your comment anyway.

Reactions: Ed B

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
Way I've been looking at this whole release is that it comes when it comes. We're on a "pirate" site for one and I'd guess no one on here pays for the game and if they did then they would of had 19 as soon as it came out along with everything else. I don't make the games so I have no idea what goes in to them. It's just a sit and wait scenario. I do follow Palmer on Discord and ya I check very often for release dates and updates on what's going on, so the long delay wasn't a surprise at all

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Palmer a while ago you talked about bundling all of DFD into 1 program. Is this still in your plans? Would the single app include the epilogues? Would you guys make a Mac version?

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes