3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
Honestly....My hats off to Palmer for at least responding to a community where his game has been CRACKED and pirated.
If I would of been a Dev and came on here and saw all the crying and whining about not getting it "free" I would of pulled a FUCK IT and wouldn't of released it at all to non-subscribed

• Angry
Reactions: V-red and Palmer

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
We are working on coding the free version of DFD19 as I speak. As I have said before, we're truly sorry for those of you that waited so long for DFD19, so we have decided to include all four epilogues and cheat codes to the chapter as well, so you will get everything we have. We will let you know when it's available for online/offline play, which will be soon.

Take care guys and have a great weekend.

Raerngaming

Jun 14, 2018
at the end of chapter 9 where that woman comes in and says she there to take her niece home, There is a few problems with that first off as she is 18 years old she is an adult so she can not force her to go anywhere. She also would have to prove she is her aunt and then the next question is where was she for 18 years? Why did she not come sooner to take her niece home. That is just to get started with that I taking my niece home scene. Not complaining it just feels like a huge stretch to me. So far I am enjoying the story up to that point. than I was like what really now.

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
I probably wouldn't care about the delays and updates if the attitude about criticism of the daughter's story/portrayal had been better. There are plenty of games on here that have long turnover between updates and I don't mind. I just wait or play something else in the meantime. But the attitude towards any and all criticism of the daughter's story has been either stonewalled or outright dismissed which doesn't foster much trust when they then turn around and say the update has been delayed and will be released soon every few months.

Like, okay, you have one coder. But the delays started long before DH was released, and once DH was released, why did it become the priority? And it has, since it keeps getting free releases while Chapter 19 hasn't. What's the reason that DH couldn't have been pushed back while you focused on getting Chapter 19 out? You could have done it earlier and released it without the epilogues. Not to mention you then turned around and tried to argue that the free releases of DH don't affect DFD earlier in this thread, but it's all just doublespeak to avoid scrutiny for your business model.

People might call us ingrates for complaining about a free release. If this were actually being ripped from somewhere then I'd concede that point. But this is your business model, to make games, offer early release for money and release later for free. If you start that third part in a timely manner and then begin to slack off either you're failing or your business model is. Maybe you just don't have the capacity to run two games at once. I appreciate that you've stopped giving exact estimates, but it doesn't really matter. If you design a game or a chapter and take several months to make it free, you can't really get surprised when people get tired of waiting.

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017
We are working on coding the free version of DFD19 as I speak. As I have said before, we're truly sorry for those of you that waited so long for DFD19, so we have decided to include all four epilogues and cheat codes to the chapter as well, so you will get everything we have. We will let you know when it's available for online/offline play, which will be soon.

Take care guys and have a great weekend.
So, just to be open, what do you have to 'code' to release the game for free? You are either releasing 'the game' for free, OR you are releasing 'what you are willing to release' for free. If it's the former, you have nothing to code. You LITERALLY just have to open the endpoint on your website for the game.

If it's the latter, then you are NOT releasing 'the game' for free, but a modified version wherein only you know what you have removed/modified.

I find your attempts to over-complicate this process laughable, hiding behind a process that most of your audience knows is one-tenth of one percent as difficult as you make it sound.

Be honest and release 'the game', or stop promising what you are not delivering.

And by the way, where do you live that a burger is only 10$? Even fast food burgers are more than that now in the United States, much less one you would actually WANT to eat.

Reactions: JonnyL34

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
I find your attempts to over-complicate this process laughable, hiding behind a process that most of your audience knows is one-tenth of one percent as difficult as you make it sound.
Sorry you feel that way. The epilogues were released as standalone online games for Patreon, using a modified version of GML and our own code (resembles C#) that makes up our engine. I am not the coder so I don't know the exact details, but we made this decision earlier today and our programmer said it would take at least two really long days to do, maybe even more. So it's obviously a bit more complicated than you think.

We have absolutely no reason to delay the free release a couple of days, instead we decided to give all people - who don't want to, or can't afford to become patrons - the ability to get all epilogues, and cheat codes in one singe game instead that is also downloadable. Since a lot of people are upset we released DH for free instead of DFD19, we decided to throw all content related to DFD19 into one free game. It is obviously the right decision. Hopefully we can agree on that :)

Where I live, a proper burger is $10 btw. I'm glad you brought that up so I could clarify it.

Have an awesome weekend man.

Last edited:

BlazR

Mar 30, 2019
Criticism of the process to release a game to people for free. Big brain time. It takes time and money to produce it. The fact that they release it for free is admirable. Then people sit around and bitch because it isn't done on their time frame or in the way they want. What a bunch of assholes.

Reactions: Boogie and Ed B

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
Criticism of the process to release a game to people for free. Big brain time. It takes time and money to produce it. The fact that they release it for free is admirable. Then people sit around and bitch because it isn't done on their time frame or in the way they want. What a bunch of assholes.
Yeah, don't think, just consume. Just be happy with what you get. Don't hold them to any kind of standard. That's just ingratitude.

BlazR

Mar 30, 2019
Yeah, don't think, just consume. Just be happy with what you get. Don't hold them to any kind of standard. That's just ingratitude.
They always released on time for their Patrons except for 19 which was delayed by a month due to feedback that indicated the ending was unsatisfactory. So keep having your "standards" for your free shit. They've always met their promises to Patrons. Sorry that the free releases take a backburner to that. I guess that's a bad business model.

Reactions: Ed B

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
They always released on time for their Patrons except for 19 which was delayed by a month due to feedback that indicated the ending was unsatisfactory. So keep having your "standards" for your free shit. They've always met their promises to Patrons. Sorry that the free releases take a backburner to that. I guess that's a bad business model.
Either you haven't read the thread, or didn't understand, but no one is arguing that they're delaying the paid service. In fact that's the point. It's being argued that they're withholding the free release to drive up patreons who have given up waiting and paid the $10 for the chapter. And sure, you might say they're entitled to money for their work, to which I would point you to the love-joint.com header

freejointsnip - Copy.JPG

There it is in clear writing. 'CREATING FREE ADULT GAMES'. It's not about a good or bad business model, it's the model they've set up, for better or worse, with the promise to release the games for free. Putting that off is fundamentally adverse to their business model and false advertising. That's what we're holding them to account for. The standard is that if a company or a developer says something, that you should hold them to it. And that's not just about quality but it's also about distribution of the product in a timely and reasonable manner. Palmer and co have exceeded both.

A developer that says they make free games, only to delay the free game to make money is being deceitful.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
A developer that says they make free games, only to delay the free game to make money is being deceitful.
We have never done that, but we obviously have to prioritize people that pay $10 on Patreon for everything we've done and what they are getting that month. Sometimes that leads to longer stretches between free releases, especially if a particularly complex game is going out that month on Patreon.

Reactions: BlazR

BlazR

Mar 30, 2019
It will always be released for free. Just because it isn't within the time frame that you want isn't their problem, it's yours. The business would be unsustainable without Patrons so catering to the expectations of freeloaders is unrealistic. It's $10 for everything dude. If you want it that bad, quit being a keyboard warrior and get what you want for less than I spend on smokes and food for a day. It's trivial and the fact that you want to keep posting walls of text about it is kinda amusing. Even if they delay the release of a free game, it's still free. You get what you pay for.

• Angry
Reactions: V-red and Ed B

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
We have never done that, but we obviously have to prioritize people that pay $10 on Patreon for everything we've done and what they are getting that month. Sometimes that leads to longer stretches between free releases, especially if a particularly complex game is going out that month on Patreon.
Read the above post again, no one said that giving patreons the game first was the problem. No one cares that Patreons get it a month early. When it's several months though? Yeah, then it starts to feel like your mission statement to provide free adult games is a lie (and therefore deceitful).

If the mission statement of your company and of you as a developer is to 'Create Free Adult Games' then making those games free should be a major priority.

It will always be released for free. Just because it isn't within the time frame that you want isn't their problem, it's yours. The business would be unsustainable without Patrons so catering to the expectations of freeloaders is unrealistic. It's $10 for everything dude. If you want it that bad, quit being a keyboard warrior and get what you want for less than I spend on smokes and food for a day. It's trivial and the fact that you want to keep posting walls of text about it is kinda amusing. Even if they delay the release of a free game, it's still free. You get what you pay for.
I'm not the one white knighting an adult game company. If it's so trivial why are you even arguing with me? I'm simply here saying if a company makes promises you should hold them to those promises. You think it's okay to wait months for a game to be made free, then that's fine, but I have higher standards.

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes