3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Saramago

Sep 23, 2017
After several months. Does that seem reasonable to you?

Since I suspect the answer is yes, let me pose another question to help you understand why this bothers some of us. How long between the release of the paid version and the free release do you think is appropriate?

3 months?
6?
A year?
Be glad if you even get it for free. It took a lot of time and resources, it should honestly be paid.

• Angry
Reactions: V-red and Ed B

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
After several months. Does that seem reasonable to you?

Since I suspect the answer is yes, let me pose another question to help you understand why this bothers some of us. How long between the release of the paid version and the free release do you think is appropriate?

3 months?
6?
A year?
That all depends on the Dev's decision. I've been getting it all from here as well and sometimes it's a waiting game. Like I said before and we've all had this opportunity....If you wanted it right away then pay to support the Dev. If you don't want to pay...Then you wait

• Angry
Reactions: V-red and Palmer

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
This is unfortunately a bug. If you use cheat code ch13nothreesome you will avoid that inconsistency.
I figured as much. It doesn't seem to have a huge influence on the story so far with the particular route I had chosen. It's just urksome when i see that and think to myself "well great, fucked up my chances at the route I wanted."

Reactions: Palmer

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
That all depends on the Dev's decision. I've been getting it all from here as well and sometimes it's a waiting game. Like I said before and we've all had this opportunity....If you wanted it right away then pay to support the Dev. If you don't want to pay...Then you wait
It's a waiting game but the wait for this chapter has been much longer than the rest and sucking people in with free offers then withholding further installments to make money is a tried and true way of duping people. If you're willing to take the stance of 'they released chapter 1 for free, they can release chapter 19 whenever they want', what's to stop them never releasing it and just making money from the patreon? By that logic, releasing one game or part of one game releases them from their obligations and commitments to all the other games. And if Palmer wants to make money off the game, that's fine. It's his product, it's his right. But then he should remove the 'free' part from his company header.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I figured as much. It doesn't seem to have a huge influence on the story so far with the particular route I had chosen. It's just urksome when i see that and think to myself "well great, fucked up my chances at the route I wanted."
basically can't fuck up anything besides missing some scenes there and there and not meeting girl or woman at all.

JonnyL34

Oct 2, 2018
Annnnd haven't you downloaded the others for free? It's not hard to grasp that it's FREE. You get it FREE when it's released and the FREE version hasn't been released yet, That's what YOU are finding hard to grasp
Aaaannnnd you're avoiding the bit where Palmer offers the game free. Imagine trying to white-knight the idea of getting something free when it was offered as free.

Just imagine right, having something offered to you for free, but then the ending, the part of the story that matters most, is withheld from you for over half a year. And then imagine, people like you, trying to say that asking for something for free, when it was offered for free, is somehow insulting. You have to hold developers to some standard otherwise they could just never release Ch.19 and fall back on your excuse of "haven't you downloaded the others for free?" Yes I had, but that doesn't change anything does it?

Just wait your turn poor person = your entire argument

• Angry
Reactions: V-red and seamanq

buff

May 29, 2017
Way I've been looking at this whole release is that it comes when it comes. We're on a "pirate" site for one and I'd guess no one on here pays for the game and if they did then they would of had 19 as soon as it came out along with everything else.
That's inaccurate. Every time I download from this site and actually like the game enough to follow, I pledge on Patreon. I don't use this site because I don't want to support creators, I use it because Patreon pages are advertisements and 100% of the people chatting on them are devoted fans of the game-- you cannot get useful reviews/discussion there. (Hop on a Patreon page and criticize a game somewhere, you'll immediately drown in butthurt.) The chatter on F95 is far more candid and useful. And more importantly, I can try the game out before deciding if I want to pledge--many Patreon games do not offer reasonably current demos.

I suspect a lot of people here do like I do.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
wrench not wheel after pressing start game, not sure if ch1 had wrench.

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
It's a waiting game but the wait for this chapter has been much longer than the rest and sucking people in with free offers then withholding further installments to make money is a tried and true way of duping people. If you're willing to take the stance of 'they released chapter 1 for free, they can release chapter 19 whenever they want', what's to stop them never releasing it and just making money from the patreon? By that logic, releasing one game or part of one game releases them from their obligations and commitments to all the other games. And if Palmer wants to make money off the game, that's fine. It's his product, it's his right. But then he should remove the 'free' part from his company header.
You do know they have more than one game out right? Supporters now are getting DH not DMD and if Palmer does right all the moaning and crying going on here and decides not to release it at all for free...Then only ones you can blame are yourselves

• Haha
Reactions: V-red

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
Aaaannnnd you're avoiding the bit where Palmer offers the game free. Imagine trying to white-knight the idea of getting something free when it was offered as free.

Just imagine right, having something offered to you for free, but then the ending, the part of the story that matters most, is withheld from you for over half a year. And then imagine, people like you, trying to say that asking for something for free, when it was offered for free, is somehow insulting. You have to hold developers to some standard otherwise they could just never release Ch.19 and fall back on your excuse of "haven't you downloaded the others for free?" Yes I had, but that doesn't change anything does it?

Just wait your turn poor person = your entire argument
Post me a quote on here from Palmer saying a release date for Chapter19 for free
Until then...Stop acting little a little bitch and just wait like 90% of the others have been doing that have actually backed this game since the start and not just recently started

• Angry

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
That's inaccurate. Every time I download from this site and actually like the game enough to follow, I pledge on Patreon. I don't use this site because I don't want to support creators, I use it because Patreon pages are advertisements and 100% of the people chatting on them are devoted fans of the game-- you cannot get useful reviews/discussion there. (Hop on a Patreon page and criticize a game somewhere, you'll immediately drown in butthurt.) The chatter on F95 is far more candid and useful. And more importantly, I can try the game out before deciding if I want to pledge--many Patreon games do not offer reasonably current demos.

I suspect a lot of people here do like I do.
I am on Patreon. And also Discord and YES this is a pirate site. So not sure were the being inaccurate but you are 100% correct about all the talk on Patreon. All the crying and whining going on in here wouldn't happen there and it doesn't happen on Discord either. Not sure if I can agree with you on the "If you like a game, support it" part though. I've supported others in the past as well on Patreon. Some Dev's just release on here to start just for exposure as well but I think most on here are here for getting the things for free with no supporting. Would be nice if it was different though

Last edited:
  • Angry

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Post me a quote on here from Palmer saying a release date for Chapter19 for free
Until then...Stop acting little a little bitch and just wait like 90% of the others have been doing that have actually backed this game since the start and not just recently started
Take it down a notch there, killer. It's not OK to call people "a little bitch".

Palmer talked about a release date here: https://f95zone.to/threads/daughter-for-dessert-ch-18-palmer.5291/post-2758079 . He said "soon".

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
  • Angry
Reactions: V-red and seamanq
3.50 star(s) 125 Votes