3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Why is it when anyone criticizes anything anywhere on this site there's always some white knight spewing out this generic response? Am I not allowed to play something and talk about what I didn't like about it? If I didn't absolutely love it I'm not allowed to point out what I think are its flaws?
I think you see that a lot because you whine ... a lot.

You can absolutely change my opinion by being transparent.
The only people they need to be transparant with are patrons, this is a piracy site, we aren't owed shit.

You'll get your free version when they get round to it, pissing and moaning constantly isn't doing anything to help your cause.

You made your point and now you're going round in circles and getting nowhere to the point where Goob, one of the politest people i've spoke to on here, has called you out.

Give it a rest, they aren't going to speed things up because you pissed all over a piracy forum. I wouldn't be surprised if they did delay it just to fuck you off, I would have.

Last edited:

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
That sounds like you're saying "AHA! You asshole! You delayed it on purpose just to screw us over because you hate us! You're a big fat liar!", at least to me. Kind of like "so, do you still beat your wife?" - you can't win by answering. No means you used to beat her, and yes means you still beat her, when the reality is you never beat her.
It was intended to be less of a logic trap and more just pointing out the contradictory way he responds to people. First he said the other games don't affect it, then he says they do, then he says its a complex game and they only have one coder, now he's saying it was delayed because of negative feedback and they're adding in other stuff as some kind of boon. There's an ongoing discussion where half of us are frustrated and the other half are denying there's ever been any run around, so I am simply trying to underline instances where that happens.

I was in a rush earlier though, so it may have come off a bit more brusque than intended.

The reality is the release is delayed, but it's delayed to add in more stuff. I'd rather have Episode 19 + epilogues in a little while than Episode 19 without epilogues now.
I agree, but I'm confused as to why Ep19 wasn't offered earlier without the epilogues, which is the question I'll probably never get answered.

but us leeches aren't paying him, so we need to take the handouts he gives us. "Please sir, may I have some more?"
The only people they need to be transparant with are patrons, this is a piracy site, we aren't owed shit.
DFD hasn't been pirated since chapter 11. All of the free games are provided by Palmer as part of his company model. The fact that he does this doesn't mean we forfeit our rights as a consumer though. It's not because I'm playing it that I deserve anything, the fact that he's promised it as part of his company mission statement to make 'free' games means that even if no one was playing it, he should still release it. Otherwise he's literally in violation of false advertising.

This never used to be a thing you had to argue with people. If a company delayed or defaulted on their commitments to consumers, free or otherwise, people complained and the companies either had to deal with it or their reputation was ruined. Now a company treats people like dirt and people fall over themselves to defend it. It's ridiculous.

to the point where Goob, one of the politest people i've spoke to on here, has called you out.
Called me out? I don't spend enough time on the forum to know the nice ones, but he's a mod, and perfectly within his rights to let me know if I need to calm down. And it's been duly noted.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
Hi can someone tell me if this game has a happy ending(s)? I see a lot of conversation about Amanda starting to hate you in later chapters. Can you fix that relationship? I've played through chapter 5 and I like this so far but honestly I'm going through some stuff right now and I don't think I can handle a sad ending. On the other hand something happy would be really welcome. I don't really care too much about spoilers so just let me know. Thanks
Like you, I was starting to get downhearted myself, as I saw the relationship seem to fall apart. It gets better. Enjoy the rest of the chapters that are already available for free and you will see that.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
What on earth are you on/on about? :) I have explained on several occasions why this was the way we went, please read it. I believe I also told you it doesn't matter what I'll say because it won't change your opinion, and I'm not even trying to. But we've obviously crossed a threshold here where it's impossible to have a good conversation anymore. And I'm not going to spend more time on that. You are figuratively hell-bent on this one specific thing, and that's your prerogative of course. We each focus on different things. I would have opted for positive/negative feedback so we could make future games better. To each his own. Thanks again for your comments.
Suggestion: Don't feed the trolls.

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
is not all there, I can't see the final chapter, if vid 66 is the last one is uncomplete
It's all there including epilogues. It's the misterdoktor ones you have to look for and I think they go up to 69

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
What on earth are you on/on about? :) I have explained on several occasions why this was the way we went, please read it. I believe I also told you it doesn't matter what I'll say because it won't change your opinion, and I'm not even trying to. But we've obviously crossed a threshold here where it's impossible to have a good conversation anymore. And I'm not going to spend more time on that. You are figuratively hell-bent on this one specific thing, and that's your prerogative of course. We each focus on different things. I would have opted for positive/negative feedback so we could make future games better. To each his own. Thanks again for your comments.
It's like trying to talk to a brick...Not worth replying...But bet they are one of the firsts to download it when it's released :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Love
Reactions: seamanq

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
It was intended to be less of a logic trap and more just pointing out the contradictory way he responds to people. First he said the other games don't affect it, then he says they do, then he says its a complex game and they only have one coder, now he's saying it was delayed because of negative feedback and they're adding in other stuff as some kind of boon. There's an ongoing discussion where half of us are frustrated and the other half are denying there's ever been any run around, so I am simply trying to underline instances where that happens.

I was in a rush earlier though, so it may have come off a bit more brusque than intended.
Fair enough. I know I've done that before.

Called me out? I don't spend enough time on the forum to know the nice ones, but he's a mod, and perfectly within his rights to let me know if I need to calm down. And it's been duly noted.
Point of fact - I'm a modder, not a moderator. That means I write shit, not enforce shit. I gots no powers! :p

Last edited:

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
I think you see that a lot because you whine ... a lot.

You'll get your free version when they get round to it, pissing and moaning constantly isn't doing anything to help your cause.

You made your point and now you're going round in circles and getting nowhere to the point where Goob, one of the politest people i've spoke to on here, has called you out.

Give it a rest, they aren't going to speed things up because you pissed all over a piracy forum. I wouldn't be surprised if they did delay it just to fuck you off, I would have.
I mentioned the delay thing weeks ago as well from all the bitching going on in forum but still doesn't stop lol....Heads up...You'll be the next one quoted :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
Up until Chapter 18 on SVS alone, DFD has been downloaded over 200,000 times for free. So think about how many countless other places including here have had their members or just visitors download it for free. For someone trying to get more money, they sure have had ALOT of it thrown away

• Thinking Face

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Thank you Palmer and team for letting me be a poor a$$ and mooch for free. Nothing is perfect but quality divide by zero cost approaches infinity (it's math, for real)

Now I will try to scrape cash for DH. Those twins OMG!!!

JonnyL34

Oct 2, 2018
I mentioned the delay thing weeks ago as well from all the bitching going on in forum but still doesn't stop lol....Heads up...You'll be the next one quoted :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
It's genuinely fascinating to me how you pass off legit criticism of the game and its release schedule as bitching, just because people are vocal about it a lot. Instead people like you jump in, call them trolls, and insult them like you have me already.

seamanq

Game Developer
Aug 28, 2018
this game is like a Freeloding Family?
While Freeloading Family is fun, this game is absolutely nothing like it. This game is highly unique (and in a market saturated with imitations, that's a hard thing to pull off). Hats off to Palmer and team for creating a fun and interesting story, and for making it available for free, as well as to Patrons (of which I have been both at one point or another).

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
It's genuinely fascinating to me how you pass off legit criticism of the game and its release schedule as bitching, just because people are vocal about it a lot. Instead people like you jump in, call them trolls, and insult them like you have me already.
Please show me where I called you a troll

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes