3.50 star(s) 125 Votes

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
Read the above post again, no one said that giving patreons the game first was the problem. No one cares that Patreons get it a month early. When it's several months though? Yeah, then it starts to feel like your mission statement to provide free adult games is a lie (and therefore deceitful).

If the mission statement of your company and of you as a developer is to 'Create Free Adult Games' then making those games free should be a major priority.

I'm not the one white knighting an adult game company. If it's so trivial why are you even arguing with me? I'm simply here saying if a company makes promises you should hold them to those promises. You think it's okay to wait months for a game to be made free, then that's fine, but I have higher standards.
Have you not got the other chapters for free? Or DH for free?

Reactions: BlazR and Palmer

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
if a company makes promises you should hold them to those promises
And the games are still free. We haven't promised a specific timeline for free releases. We have approximated a timeline for them. There's a difference there.

It's not gonna matter what I say, so I'm just gonna end this conversation here. Thanks for your comments, and again, have a good weekend.

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
Have you not got the other chapters for free? Or DH for free?
By that logic they could release chapter 1 for free and never release the rest of the game and still technically create free adult games. There's obviously an implication to the tagline for the company that each game/chapter will be released for free. Again, some delay is understandable. A timely and reasonable manner should be the normal expectation. The free release of Chapter 19 wasn't a priority, not just because patreons got it first, but then in the subsequent months, further paid DH releases were made, and epilogues and then free releases of DH. That's not a reasonable time frame for a chapter to be released. Okay, it's complex, then dedicate the time and resources to figuring that out in a time frame that makes sense for that chapter. The question that's being raised here that's causing mistrust is why other games/chapters were given priority over this free release, which is why people are suspecting that it was intentionally delayed to drive up patreons as much as possible.

We haven't promised a specific timeline for free releases.
You don't have to. There's still a reasonable expectation. If you create a game/chapter in 2019 and don't release it for free until 2029 (I'm being hyperbolic) that's obviously far and beyond reasonable exceptions for a free release even if it's technically still true and viable, and you shouldn't be surprised if it pisses people off. Now, we can have a discussion about what constitutes a reasonable time frame, but simply saying you never promised anything specific is just you playing your get out of jail free card.

Irgendwie Irgendwo

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
$10 for one burger?!?!?!
da fuq?!?!
where you getting your burgers from? Kuma's Corner?
bloody hell...

;)
In case of a specialty restaurant that's quite adequate. The Burger of the Week in our local burger joint is called "Are you nuts?", and is a giant affair of 200 g beef, lettuce, deer ham, black nuts, walnut pesto, honey chili chestnuts and almond mayonnaise. All of that handmade. (Except for the ham, of course.) Price? 12,90 Euro -> 14 bucks 34.

But now, back to game discussions.

• Haha
Reactions: Ed B

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
Is there a possible explanation as to why my choices dont mean dick in the next chapter? because somehow im sleeping with characters i didnt sleep with in the previous chapter. <using the noncracked version

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Is there a possible explanation as to why my choices dont mean dick in the next chapter? because somehow im sleeping with characters i didnt sleep with in the previous chapter. <using the noncracked version
Tip: say what "next chapter" and "previous chapter" are. Perhaps it's a known issue, and being precise (and using a less confrontational tone) would make it easier for you to get an answer.

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
Tip: say what "next chapter" and "previous chapter" are. Perhaps it's a known issue, and being precise (and using a less confrontational tone) would make it easier for you to get an answer.
This has been several chapters now. example, im on chpt 14 now, but apparently in chapt 12 i slept with kathi and the redhead? if that wasnt a choice in the previous chapter then fine thats okay, but it doesnt seem like that was obvious

aidenboy

Jan 26, 2018
I hope this is an option to not forgive amanda for not trusting in you despite having taken care of her her entire life. just a thought. Idk, after everything the mc and amanda have been through, it seems pretty rediculous for her to just distrust you 100% without trying to find out from you herself.

Reactions: magus448 and V-red

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
Palmer I was a patreon pledger a long time ago for a short while and then sadly had to cancel the pledge due to coming into financial difficulties and also life problems that I won't get into BUT I wanted to say thank you for sharing your wonderful game on here and giving me the chance to play it again and it's currently downloading 1-18 ;) I hope to be back in a position to start pledging again in the future.

Reactions: Ed B and Palmer

JonnyL34

Oct 2, 2018
Sorry that the free releases take a backburner to that. I guess that's a bad business model.
Palmer created a business with a slogan "creating free adult games". If you create a company with that as your slogan, people are obviously gonna expect the game to be free. So yes, having an unfinished free game for 7+ months when your whole business model is based around free stuff, isn't great

But I guess that's just too hard to grasp.

Reactions: Josh Spicer

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
Palmer I was a patreon pledger a long time ago for a short while and then sadly had to cancel the pledge due to coming into financial difficulties and also life problems that I won't get into BUT I wanted to say thank you for sharing your wonderful game on here and giving me the chance to play it again and it's currently downloading 1-18 ;) I hope to be back in a position to start pledging again in the future.
Sorry about your financial difficulties and other issues. Glad you are playing DFD again and hope you enjoy it :)

Reactions: BoltonGuy35

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
This has been several chapters now. example, im on chpt 14 now, but apparently in chapt 12 i slept with kathi and the redhead? if that wasnt a choice in the previous chapter then fine thats okay, but it doesnt seem like that was obvious
there was option to have 3some with those 2 and option to have sex with either of those or no sex at all and with 1st path has to dump 1 of girls.

Palmer

Game Developer
Sep 26, 2017
This is unfortunately a bug. If you use cheat code ch13nothreesome you will avoid that inconsistency.

Ed B

Sep 24, 2017
Palmer created a business with a slogan "creating free adult games". If you create a company with that as your slogan, people are obviously gonna expect the game to be free. So yes, having an unfinished free game for 7+ months when your whole business model is based around free stuff, isn't great

But I guess that's just too hard to grasp.
Annnnd haven't you downloaded the others for free? It's not hard to grasp that it's FREE. You get it FREE when it's released and the FREE version hasn't been released yet, That's what YOU are finding hard to grasp

JoeSte91

Apr 12, 2018
the FREE version hasn't been released yet
After several months. Does that seem reasonable to you?

Since I suspect the answer is yes, let me pose another question to help you understand why this bothers some of us. How long between the release of the paid version and the free release do you think is appropriate?

3 months?
6?
A year?

3.50 star(s) 125 Votes