VN Others Completed Daughter Saga 1 [Ep. 1-5] [Sagas]

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
I see that everyone is having different thoughts about this game, and mainly it's story.
Does it have a good amount of fappable content tho?
Or is it one of those games that throws shit tons of story and teasing scenes, and barely any fucking?

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
I see that everyone is having different thoughts about this game, and mainly it's story.
Does it have a good amount of fappable content tho?
Or is it one of those games that throws shit tons of story and teasing scenes, and barely any fucking?
My only complaint is with the story and how the MC is portrayed.

As far as the scenes go there are some really good ones.

Gomly1980

Forum Fanatic
Jul 4, 2017
That's pretty much one of the most important aspects of any story. A shitty MC won't get you anywhere.
The story here isn't great and it certainly isn't for me but I do have to give the dev credit for the CG's. Some of the scenes are pretty good.

Naai

Aug 11, 2017
Nice scene's and graphics, but i really dislike the each chapter being a "mini" game. Not being able to load/save really gets annoying

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
Oh there is fucking, just not for the MC XD.
FOR REAL?
For 3 episodes?
Is there some ntr shit in there?
-.-

My only complaint is with the story and how the MC is portrayed.

As far as the scenes go there are some really good ones.
I can skip the story, cuz the art looks gorgeous, I was just hoping that there were a good amount of scenes(with the MC), not just teasing scenes.

Reactions: pappypop
N

netkeliye

From all the extracted images, I can tell with certainty no action for MC.
Yes CG is good but as i said earlier these corruption thing is not for me
No intent to offend anyone here, Enjoy if you like this kind of game.

Reactions: Daruko01

Daruko01

Game Developer
May 7, 2017
From all the extracted images, I can tell with certainty no action for MC.
Yes CG is good but as i said earlier these corruption thing is not for me
No intent to offend anyone here, Enjoy if you like this kind of game.
Seems like I'll be avoiding this one then, thanks for the info.

Harlequin1229

Jun 6, 2017
Story line very confusing to me, and each of the chapters seem very disconnected. I also don't like the lack of being able to save game.

Reactions: Arcane666

paladin07

May 28, 2017
I have sent a PM to Sagas on Patreon letting him know about the complaints on this page and the disappointment/anger on the missed deadlines. I will let you know what he says. He pm'd me with several questions, but now it appears he found this forum and will be signing up and addressing the complaints! :) Hope he is a good sport about it like @irredeemable and some of the other devs that are members of the forum.

Last edited:

paladin07

May 28, 2017
Me: One thing that was confusing to me was the point where daughter talks about "the way you kissed me yesterday." Was not sure what was being discussed there. It seemed like the times MC kissed her was 1) on the sofa, and 2) on her bed, were both multiple days before.

: I see that was not clear. She talks about how he snuck into her room at night to kiss her. The MC totally blacked out, and can't remember what happened that night. Hence the ending too with the supposed kidnapping.

Sagas

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
Hey all, Thanks to paladin2907 for letting me know.

This whole thread has been really fascinating. I hope a dev coming in and explaining shit doesn't ruin the fun. I'll try and keep it short (edit: Ok that didn't work. Warning: word dump ahead). Though ask away if you have ancy questions. And thank you all, for taking the time to post.

A few quick thoughts based on what you folks have said above:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Summing it up
  • There will be more choices / branches in the coming episodes. The save game system will be completed by episode 4.
  • Will there be more sexual action? Yes. By the MC? Yes.
  • (Note that action won't be just PIV sex)
  • If your idea of a satisfying ero game is PIV sex in different positions then this one is likely to disappoint.
  • The cult is a proxy/catalyst to get the MC to evolve from his passivity; also to allow interesting semi-believable sexual encounters.
  • Will the story be less confusing from now on? Uh, I hope, to some degree.
  • Less cucky/passive? Yes
  • Game for everyone? Likely not.

Thank you all for giving this a shot. I'm doing as much as I can to improve things for the coming episodes - story, as well as the engine. It is imperfect, but the level of imperfection will decrease over time. Let's stay positive.

One quick point: the plan was to have this be a 6-8 episode series. (depending on how episode 4 goes). This isn't going to be a long drawn-out series like others out there. There's a definite conclusion in mind.

(PS: The engine's going through updates and will have a full save/load system. Many seem pleased with the current checkpoint system though but it's definitely not good enough yet)

Last edited:

paladin07

May 28, 2017
Hey all, Thanks to paladin2907 for letting me know.

This whole thread has been really fascinating. I hope a dev coming in and explaining shit doesn't ruin the fun. I'll try and keep it short (edit: Ok that didn't work. Warning: word dump ahead). Though ask away if you have any questions. And thank you all, for taking the time to post.

A few quick thoughts based on what you folks have said above.

• Continuity
    • The continuity issue was the one major points I disliked about how this episode turned out. The disconnect from episode 2 to 3 was definitely jarring. With episode 3, the ending definitely needs to be addressed so it won't seem like there's a continuity issue.
    • I feel like an intro video with some narration would help catch people up at the start of the episode, filling in some gaps.
  • Not having enough choices
    • I've put up a post on the patreon page about this. (the last post)
    • I would love to have more choices. There's lots of things about the game and engine that I feel needs improving. I've got a whole trello board with items that need to be crossed off.
    • There needs to be more choices for episode 4. This is something I'm already sketching out. There can't be too many though. But there needs to be more meaningful ones.
  • This is not a game about netorare/cuckholdry
    • I agree the MC does feel like a bit of a beta-ish passive character but that was intentional
    • He's just an average dad who wants a simple life. His passivity is clear from episode 1 - how he's dealt with his wife and that situation.
    • The MC has evolved (slowly) over the past few episodes. This episode we see him taking action, and there's hints at the type of action he may be considering.
    • Remember, he's not John McClane. He's just a regular dad who was hoping the biggest worry he'd have would be dealing with boys that his daughter's date.
    • Now he's got to deal with this fucked up cult and the fact that he's got feeling for her.
    • But he is going to do something about it, and we're seeing some of that in Episode 3. He's waking up from his passivity. (The writing is a little wonky and some of this is not clear, I agree) Perhaps the intro video at the start of Ep 4 should clear that up.
  • Is this is a game about incest?
    • I can see how that's sometimes confusing with how passive the MC has been.
    • However, pretty sure some incest has happened thus far. A father playing with his blindfolded daughter's breast and clit does count for some incest. We just haven't seen penetration yet though.
    • Just to be clear, yes this is an incest game - about an F/D relationship and then some.
  • Why haven't they fucked yet?
    • The vision I had for this game was:
      • A semi-believable story of incest (that ramps up gradually) where the father isn't just grabbing his daughter's boobs without reason.
      • A father who's battling his feeling/carnal impulses. A daughter who's beginning to question some of her actions too (like why she feels like the dressing the way she does around her father and then more as we see from episode 2)
      • An element of mystery (the cult) that's a catalyst to get the father out of his rut of passivity.
      • Parent's having to deal with children getting involved in strange organizations/cults/religions isn't far from reality in 2017.
      • Obviously the layer of fiction is apparent, but I was hoping to have a strong plausibility layer in there too. Some of you feel like that element still make sense. Many of these characters act in strange passive/uneven ways like real world people do.
    • Is all of that too much for a genre that just wants some renders where fucking and boob licking happens?
      • Maybe so. Maybe the plot's unnecessary for what some of you desire.
      • But I had to give it a shot and I feel some of you may value a different perspective (though quirky).
    • I'm not used to writing episodic content. So that's a bit of learning curve there for me.
  • Why he hasn't he called the cops yet?
    • (Testament to my evolving writing skills that that many of these points need to be explained. Something I'm hoping to improve on, so bare with me for the moment.)
    • So, in episode 1, what he saw was worrying, but mostly seemed like it was a sorority act. Not something to call the cops over. Discuss with the school maybe. And that's exactly what he does.
    • Episode 2, we see things get worrying and there's an investigation being mentioned. Him calling the cops wouldn't exactly have as much of an effect he realizes.
      • It's also made clear that if he tries to interfere, he risks losing his daughter. She says she's wiling to leave him and her family.
    • Episode 3, we learn the cops and feds are being held back and he takes matters into his own hands. That's where we are. Still a little passive, but not for long.
    • It doesn't make complete sense, but some of that is due to the fact that he doesn't want his daughter knowing he's prying since he's afraid she'll run away from home (she's indicated this in episode 2).
  • I feel like though the story's uneven (hope this changes), we've got a feel for some of the main characters and how the father might want to perhaps fuck them (beyond just vanilla penis insertion stuff - not that there's anything wrong with that). Whether or not he end up having all sort of sex with his daughter is still up for debate and that's part of what I had in mind for the whole story - there's that lingering doubt not just for the player/viewers but the characters themselves.
    • The tease may be too much for some and that' fair.
  • Him not fucking anyone thus far does seem strange - as he could have with Alice (but he's not a fuck on the first date sort of dad, especially since the daughter sees her as a potentially replacement for his wife- he's been passive for years, unable to dump his wife - some men definitely would jump at the opportunity but he just happens to be the other kind) and he could have taken up Alexa's offer to let him have fun with his zombie'd up wife (which might be a stretch for his morality - even though he's somewhat immoral as we've seen in this episode)

Thank you all for giving this a shot. I'm doing as much as I can to improve things for the coming episodes - story, as well as the engine. It is imperfect, but the level of imperfection will decreases over time. Let's stay positive.

One quick point, the plan was to have this be a 6-8 episode series. (depending on how episode 4 goes). This isn't going to be a long drawn-out series like others out there. There's a definite conclusion in mind.

(PS: The engine's going through updates and will have a full save/load system. Many seem pleased with the current checkpoint system though but it's definitely not good enough yet)
It doesn't ruin the fun at all. There are several devs that take an active role here at the 'zone and we appreciate it. We offer constructive criticism and usually lots of praise, too. I haven't gotten a chance to read your post yet.

P.S. You're new so I should let you know the mods here want the long posts (photos, walls of text) covered by a spoiler button to keep the page from being too long (20 posts per page) or taking too much data to load (4k photos). The Spoiler button is under the "+" button at the top of the data entry field.

Last edited:

Sagas

Game Developer
Sep 6, 2017
It doesn't run the fun at all. There are several devs that take an active role here at the 'zone and we appreciate it. We offer constructive criticism and usually lots of praise, too. I haven't gotten a chance to read your post yet.

P.S. You're new so I should let you know the mods here want the long posts (photos, walls of text) covered by a spoiler button to keep the page from being too long (20 posts per page) or taking too much data to load (4k photos). The Spoiler button is under the "+" button at the top of the data entry field.
Thanks for getting me here. Edited the post with the spolier tag. Loving this community so far. Glad to see adult games getting attention; the next few years will be interesting.

I've promoted the game on LoversLab and Fenoxo. Haven't done as much outreach as I'd like. Was hoping to get the core engine/gameplay proper first. Looking forward to being active here.

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes