VN Others Completed Daughter Saga 1 [Ep. 1-5] [Sagas]

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes
Sep 4, 2017
I can't get Ep 3 to run, 1 and 2 work fine. Seems the .exe file is open and showing as Electron in task manager. Any ideas?

jeannotginto

Jul 22, 2017
To extract images I can give you a step-by-step howto that should be easy to follow, even if you are pretty much computer illiterate and you have no idea what it actually means or does. I'm working with such people every day and if they are able to do something like that, so should you.

1. Download and install node.js from here:
    If you have 64-bit Windows, use the 64-bit version.
  2. Open your game folder and then resources folder. Create a new subfolder there. Give it a name like "extr" or something like that.
  3. Unless you have Windows 10 creators update installed*, hold the SHIFT key and right-click on the new folder, select "Open command window here". A black terminal window should open.
  4. Copy the following command from here:
    npm install -g asar
    paste it into the black window and push the Enter key. Wait until it's done and the prompt line appears again.
  5. Just to test it out, type or copy from here:
    asar --help
    paste and Enter. Asar help text should appear. Now you're ready to extract your archive.
  6. Copy this command from here:
    asar extract ..\app.asar .\
    paste it and push Enter. Wait until it's done.
  7. Now you have most pics in "data" subfolder inside your new folder, but they are missing file extensions and Windows is unable to open them as images. Take the next step to fix that problem:
  8. Now copy all of this:
    Code:
    cd data & for %n in (*) do if not "%n"=="hash" if not "%n"=="main.json" ren "%n" "%n.jpg"
    and again, paste and Enter.
  9. Now open your new folder and "data" subfolder inside it. Most pics are there. Some pics are in the "images" subfolder.
  10. You can close the black window now.
*In case you have Windows 10 creators update installed, there is no "Open command window here" command in the menu. Use "Open PowerShell window here" instead. A terminal window with the title "Windows PowerShell" should open. Now type in that window three letters cmd and push Enter key. Continue at #4
(I haven't tested it on Windows 10, but it should work)
Hello
(I am a newbie)

Ok for the pictures and thank you.
But where to find the texts? (to translate them)

Thank you in advance !

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Sorry, I haven't searched them. They're there, somewhere, possibly obfuscated somehow. Possibly in that main.json in the same "data" directory.

Reactions: Krull

danny19

Jul 20, 2017
have a question.on 3 do the points transfer over?if so then i need to re-download 3 i guess?i kinda played it backwards.im interested in the game for sure but the no saves really suck.thanks

atlas114

Engaged Member
May 4, 2017
@vir_cotto see my post above!

I think dev promised it for ep3 but it's not there ; I think some limited rudimentary auto save function is in place (but I'm not sure) you definitely can't save at will.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
@vir_cotto see my post above!

I think dev promised it for ep3 but it's not there ; I think some limited rudimentary auto save function is in place (but I'm not sure) you definitely can't save at will.
Didn't see it. Thx.

That explains why I didn't play this.

Bagger288

Jul 11, 2017
have a question.on 3 do the points transfer over?if so then i need to re-download 3 i guess?i kinda played it backwards.im interested in the game for sure but the no saves really suck.thanks
The points may transfer over from ep.3 - the mechanism is in place, but the dev has said they aren't sure if they want to use it until there are more meaningful choices. As for no saves, the checkpoint/quicksave system included in ep.3 helps a lot.

Reactions: danny19

danny19

Jul 20, 2017
The points may transfer over from ep.3 - the mechanism is in place, but the dev has said they aren't sure if they want to use it until there are more meaningful choices. As for no saves, the checkpoint/quicksave system included in ep.3 helps a lot.
yeah checkpoints seem to work for last one u do only.but no your right no points held over from 2.5-3 :(

2.60 star(s) 25 Votes