3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Spaceballz

Sep 13, 2017
Much appreciated, thanks so much. I agree with everything you say regarding the hardware.
I just added you on DA too. I'm OPTIPRIMART on there.

I'll upgrade eventually, but want to keep pushing my own skill set as I realise I have so much to learn. Also love seeing what some people are able to create with great lighting etc.

It's super fun to explore the possibilities, and some of these assets are super amazing to mess with.

I agree with what you said about compositing too, another skill set which takes lots of dedication to master.

My render times are anything from 20 mins to 1hr 20 for most black screen stuff I do at 2k/4k.
That's figures and minimal props. Upgrading a mac won't be worth it as it won't come with GPU required. Will break my heart to go back to PC lol, but needs must!
My pleasure really! We Daz artists need to stick together! An yes it's not easy to change platforms. And to say that in the 90's and 2000's Mac was considered THE choice for digital art. But yeah if there is a lack of accelerated 3D hardware on Mac (I don't really know since I've never really paid attention to the Mac platform) makes it hard to stay on Mac.

I wanted to gift you a Core membership on DA but you are already PRO witch is better, so I sent you a Llama instead ;)

• Red Heart
Reactions: BlenderGuy

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
My pleasure really! We Daz artists need to stick together! An yes it's not easy to change platforms. And to say that in the 90's and 2000's Mac was considered THE choice for digital art. But yeah if there is a lack of accelerated 3D hardware on Mac (I don't really know since I've never really paid attention to the Mac platform) makes it hard to stay on Mac.

I wanted to gift you a Core membership on DA but you are already PRO witch is better, so I sent you a Llama instead ;)
Thanks so much! I was a dedicated PC user back in the day. Then someone gifted me their old mac laptop, then I decided to get a Mac Mini which was relatively cheap, allowing you to upgrade parts. It was perfect for my music daw and was super comfortable and easy with the apps. 3D is obviously a totally different beast so I'll be looking to get a newish MB, Ram etc for my PC case which I can just throw new stuff into. Will be so weird to actually use an NVidia card lol.
Last one I used was a 1080 with 8Gb from back in 2014.

Apples obsession with wanting to make/own everything you can use, even hardwiring RAM is surely going to stifle them in the World of 3D.

Josephine 001.png

Spaceballz

Sep 13, 2017
Thanks so much! I was a dedicated PC user back in the day. Then someone gifted me their old mac laptop, then I decided to get a Mac Mini which was relatively cheap, allowing you to upgrade parts. It was perfect for my music daw and was super comfortable and easy with the apps. 3D is obviously a totally different beast so I'll be looking to get a newish MB, Ram etc for my PC case which I can just throw new stuff into. Will be so weird to actually use an NVidia card lol.
Last one I used was a 1080 with 8Gb from back in 2014.

Apples obsession with wanting to make/own everything you can use, even hardwiring RAM is surely going to stifle them in the World of 3D.

View attachment 4038604
Well I've just gone and checked some Mac desktops to see if they have something that could be good for Rendering. They've got the Mac Studio, but it's about 6000$. On PC you could have similar performance for well over half the price... And I don't even know if you could use the IRay engine in DAZ with that... so yeah, it's a bummer.

BlenderGuy

Nov 17, 2023
Well I've just gone and checked some Mac desktops to see if they have something that could be good for Rendering. They've got the Mac Studio, but it's about 6000$. On PC you could have similar performance for well over half the price... And I don't even know if you could use the IRay engine in DAZ with that... so yeah, it's a bummer.
Yea, the bang for buck ratio will always favour PC over a Mac.
Also, ability to add superior components you desire is something a PC will offer.
For me, it's all about aesthetics the Mac OS offers.
It's that simple. Which is absurd when you think about it.

Will def change to PC within a few months.
Also, Mac doesn't seem to allow filament mode for some obscure reason.

Reactions: armyofrobots

JonasD

Jul 2, 2024
Yes I have them both, yet the top asset doesn't seem to offer the usual nipple sliders I always find with other clothes items.

Also the nipples seem to be part of a "breastacular shell" which sits on top of the usual body geometry. I've never used a body morph shell, always morphed the geometry itself. Just something else I need to get my head around.
There is also a product called Mesh Grabber. Just search for it in DAZ Store.
For your nipples i recommend to reduced them a bit which is common under clothings - no worries they will peak enough through a shirt - and increase the shirts Mesh smoothing slider under parameters.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes