3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

KingCorrosiv

Sep 12, 2021
Have been feeling down for a bit so wanted to make a little something just for the fuck of it.
Lisa having a drink out on the balcony after draining the MC of his energy (and seed)

Also thought I'd show the process a bit this time since I've been trying some new things in post.

Raw render
Lisa after fun.png

Some light adjustments to things like vibrance, exposure, texture popping and the like
Lisa after fun.jpg

And some additional post work
Lisa after fun with logo.jpg

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
I'm really enjoying most of the art posted here -- keep it going. You guys have some amazing talent!

I do have one request though, because it's driving me crazy:
Please, please do not cut off the feet all the time!

No, I don't have a foot-fetish (although, I fancy some nice shoes/boots/heels), I just think it's a bad frame choice. There's something called a "medium shot" or "medium full shot", which basically covers "knees to head" (example #1 #2 #3 #4 #5), and then there's a "full shot" which covers the "full" body (toes to head, I don't think you need examples for those).

I'm seeing this in so many renders, and also in so many games, and I really don't know why this happens so often. When I was young, my father told me an important rule when taking photographs: do not cut of feet or heads. And I think still should still be valid as of today. But maybe it's just me...

Last edited:

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
I'm really enjoying most of the art posted here -- keep it going. You guys have some amazing talent!

I do have one request though, because it's driving me crazy:
Please, please do not cut of the feet all the time!

No, I don't have a foot-fetish (although, I fancy some nice shoes/boots/heels), I just think it's a bad frame choice. There's something called a "medium shot" or "medium full shot", which basically covers "knees to head" (example #1 #2 #3 #4 #5), and then there's a "full shot" which covers the "full" body (toes to head, I don't think you need examples for those).

I'm seeing this in so many renders, and also in so many games, and I really don't know why this happens so often. When I was young, my father told me an important rule when taking photographs: do not cut of feet or heads. And I think still should still be valid as of today. But maybe it's just me...
As someone who does that often, you already posted an example, I do know about the rule and the different framing types. But I can think of at least two reasons to do it. None of which apply to me, and a third one that depends on context.

Reason number one. If you render with an hdri instead of a backdrop, the character seems to be floating. The contact shadows iray makes appear to be a few cm lower that they should.

Reason number two. Some people simply do not like feet. I have friends that say feet and ears are the ugliest parts of the human body.

And lastly, depends on what you want to show. In the render you posted from me, I wanted something close to the character to show off the shapes. Could I have gone with medium framing? Sure but then it wouldn't show the shins, which I wanted visible. Full frame? Sure but the camera would be further away or the FoV distorted and I'd use part of the image to show something I really didn't care about showing. It was all about real estate.

But in general that's good advice. There's a reason norms exist in photography. Certain framing types simply work.

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
As someone who does that often, you already posted an example, ...
As you might have noticed, I just went backwards through this thread and picked the first few pics I stumbled across -- and I actually skipped a couple of your submissions (although you cut off the feet! :)), because I think they're kind of special (with the postwork you did, the frame etc.). I picked the one that was the most obvious...

I 100% agree that there might be special reasons to pick a "non-standard" shot, and in some cases that's why some pictures are special and are sticking out of the mass! But I think in 90+% of the cases the artist is just not paying attention. And with my previous post I just wanted to raise that awareness ;)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes