4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Lithum

Aug 26, 2022
as i previously asked, if anyone (intent look on Squirrel) could make a mod that adds role "whore", that sends free bot to whore mission on night automatically, that would be awesome!

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
as i previously asked, if anyone (intent look on Squirrel) could make a mod that adds role "whore", that sends free bot to whore mission on night automatically, that would be awesome!
Interesting idea. Radnor wrote a 'whore' mission but this isn't automated. Your idea is essentially 'free money', i.e. you assign the role to a bot and without doing anything else money shows up every night. I see the appeal but to be honest it feels like adding a 'cheat' for money. I haven't tried it but a few posts back there is a cheat that I believe does this. To make this different from a 'cheat' you could add wrinkles such as small chances that the bot is stolen, damaged, or killed. There are other details that would need to be worked out of course.

Right now I'm working on adding graphics to my existing mods which are all pure text. I've never done graphics before but I believe my mods would have more life if there was something to look at too. I don't want to poach other people's graphics, I'm trying to learn how to do them myself and it's challenging.

I'm willing to try this mod idea if there's additional interest. Which path should I take:

1) Work on Lithum's mod and postpone graphics.
2) Work on graphics for my mods and leave Lithum's idea for someone else.
3) Split my time and work on both slowly.

I'd like to work on what people want, feedback welcome.

Lithum

Aug 26, 2022
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hi, Squirrel24! it's joyfull to see someone so dedicated to make good things even better, you rock!
As to my proposal, I don't see at as cheat, simple automation, 'cause its a pain to send 4-5 bot on a mission every other day. Ofcourse, there should be restrictions such as requirements as sex, combat and autonomy, different outcomes.
But have to say that your current work is much more interesting 'cause it adds some new waves to the game, so as for me, you should continue your project first)))

Everestti

May 16, 2017
Need help with another thing, i've downloaded Klaptrap's Bot Collection, but a few of them are missing images. example:
"Image 'Klaptrap_bots Lulu-MAD-ECLV1 avatar' not found."

nacjac

Oct 11, 2017
Need help with another thing, i've downloaded Klaptrap's Bot Collection, but a few of them are missing images. example:
"Image 'Klaptrap_bots Lulu-MAD-ECLV1 avatar' not found."
i had the same problem I think it was a problem with the mod priority. Open the json file of the mod and you can change their priority it fixed the problem for me

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
i decrease them by 10 just to be sure but I think you can do whatever. The problem seems to be two mod having the same priority
When I write mods I always used numbers that don't end in '0', like 11, 12, 13, etc. This reduces the likelihood of duplicates. I'm not sure that having duplicates is really the problem here but there's no harm in trying other numbers. Cheers!

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
Added it.
HI Mr. Shaky, Haven't seen you posting in DSCS in a while, perhaps you've lost interest? It is abandoned so that would be understandable. I messed up my mod links so the ones in your mods post are broken. I also wrote 2 more mods. I fixed the broken links and added links to my newer mods in post #2055 on page 103. Since people are likely to look to your mods post could I ask you to redo my links and add my newer ones? If you want to make it easier perhaps you can just put in a message directing people to post #2055 on page 103. Thanks! Squirrel24

Reactions: AnotherAnonGuy

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
perhaps you've lost interest?
Funny you should say that.
I recently started work on "finishing" some ideas I was working on before Radnor stopped working on the game.
Here's my ShakyMod_Defects framework and along with it a new ShakyMod_Parts version for it : ( )
(The regular one is still available and will stay available for both preference and compatability reasons)

ShakyMod_Defects adds a bunch of different defects for other mods to use. Feel free to suggest more.
The new ShakyMod_Parts version simply adds some of said new defects to my parts but also overwrites vanilla ones to keep it consistent and so won't be compatible with other mods that overwrite vanilla parts. (Although I don't think I've seen any other mod do that.)

Feel free to test them out and give me some feedback. But beware that I have not playtested them and won't take responsibility if it breaks something :p At least the mod menu isn't showing any errors so that's a good start.

Also here's a new reorganized "master" folder with my published mods: ( )

I still check in here and on the discord every once in a while to see if anything new has come up or if Radnor miraculously started work on it again. I'm just usually not posting anything.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Uploaded a new mod: ShakyMod_ModsMenu ( )
Allows modders to specify mod version, mod requirements and required .rpy files.
It also warns if specified mods or .rpy files are missing when in the main menu or mods menu.

kev12331

Jan 20, 2019
Funny you should say that.
I love all of the work you guys are doing, is there any way we can get a "Remastered" build? like an all in 1 package of all of the new mods you have been working on to just download and play rather than downloading a bunch of different stuff and stitching it together? :)

squirrel24

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2021
I love all of the work you guys are doing, is there any way we can get a "Remastered" build? like an all in 1 package of all of the new mods you have been working on to just download and play rather than downloading a bunch of different stuff and stitching it together? :)
I understand why this would be convenient, mods get confusing. I could make a package of 'squirrel_mods' that might help a little but I'm not comfortable incorporating other people's work. Also, everyone's tastes vary and there are some mods that I don't use for various reasons. I'm not sure what should or should not be included in a remastered build.

If I made a package of squirrel mods I could include a 'readme' text file with my personal recommendations for other people's mods. I know this doesn't really do what you want, do you think it's even worth doing?

For now Mr_Shaky is updating the mod list he created here in F95Zone and that's the place to go. Most if not all mods can also be found on Discord. Cheers!

Reactions: Konstantinus

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
I'm kinda in the same boat as squirrel24 on this topic.
I could throw all my mods in a zip but they are already all in the sameish place on my . So what does anyone gain from that?
As for other people's mods I could ask for permission to include them in a pack but then who is to say someone isn't going to download it and then be like "You included x mod which is just a waste of yGB of download size because I don't like it".
Don't know if it's worth it since my modlist exists. Downloading multiple mods and cobbling them together isn't very difficult or time-consuming when you can do it all from one post.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
I'm kinda in the same boat as squirrel24 on this topic.
I could throw all my mods in a zip but they are already all in the sameish place on my Mega. So what does anyone gain from that?
As for other people's mods I could ask for permission to include them in a pack but then who is to say someone isn't going to download it and then be like "You included x mod which is just a waste of yGB of download size because I don't like it".
Don't know if it's worth it since my modlist exists. Downloading multiple mods and cobbling them together isn't very difficult or time-consuming when you can do it all from one post.
"cobbling together" is the best way to describe it.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes