4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
Talking about mmo.
I played runescape, it used click-and-wait-until-enemy-dies combat.
I played swtor, it used mash-buttons-until-enemy-dies combat.
Both had their good sides, can chat/relax/do something else in first, more entertaining/involved in second.
Can't say i really hated any. It is design choice.

Now about DSCS.
Right now i do: Interact->Train->Combat->Repeat->Repeat->Repeat->Repeat->Repeat->Done->Rest
If you can tell which click here is not necessary i would think about it.
Tinker: Interact->Tinker->Skin Layer->Fix Defect->Repeat->Repeat->Back->Fix Part->Repeat->Done->Rest
Again i don't think there is any really unnecessary clicks.

There were requests for "repair random bot part/defect" button, i may add it to workshop, probably next next update, but overall i don't think there is anything big i can do to avoid clicking things and switching from screen to screen.

I may properly revisit UI some day, but for now i think it is good enough to focus on other parts of game.
And of course i add ideas/notes posted here and on discord tp my lists. Maybe not directly to todo list, but still it is not lost in space.

The click procceses as it is now is fine man for the new bots to repair :) If you ask everyone here will have his own opinion but i agree with your current procces. The auto maintance would be a cool function for our already trained bots....well they do repairs to other bots so why not self maintained :)

Reactions: Radnor

CuriousCorvus

Aug 9, 2017
And here's an update to my mod with 5 more 3d Bots (total of 9)

Again, balance is a bit wonky, but I'm not getting too crazy with that as it's all in early stages!

Cheers and enjoy.

Reactions: D Dave

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
And here's an update to my mod with 5 more 3d Bots (total of 9)

Mega

Again, balance is a bit wonky, but I'm not getting too crazy with that as it's all in early stages!

Cheers and enjoy.

ehm....it doen't load any of the picture..it say that avatar picture are missing...the same goes for the sex scenes...

Reactions: CuriousCorvus

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Radnor
Will you be implementing gameplay altering effects for all parts? Like the learning factor of the CPU and damage reduction of skins.
You could add a power need for parts and the chassi to justify high level powercores for example. Failing to meet power requirements you have a variety of effects like reduced learning speed or bad events or it could damage the bot over time.

CuriousCorvus

Aug 9, 2017
I think you forgot to include the image folders for the 5 new bots
That I did! I had the "package contents" folder opened for the app as well as the "zip and upload" folder. Double checked the wrong one. Time to initiate triple check protocols.
Link is working now with all the assets included:

My apologies for the oversight!

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Radnor
Will you be implementing gameplay altering effects for all parts? Like the learning factor of the CPU and damage reduction of skins.
You could add a power need for parts and the chassi to justify high level powercores for example. Failing to meet power requirements you have a variety of effects like reduced learning speed or bad events or it could damage the bot over time.
For 0.3.x i added universal xp_mult parameter, allowing model, parts and part defects to affect gained xp. Can affect every skills same or specific skills differently.
Later on i may add more effects. Most likely in form of part special effect slots. No ETA for now.

As for powercore and other specific parts usage, something is planned. Specific parts will change how bot is played, almost 100%. Powercore suggestions were to limit possible bot actions per time based on powercore level and disable bots if power output is not enough to support every installed part. Also idea of making general bot efficiency lower if powercore is too low make sense to me too.
Will think about it, but very likely something will be added. Again, no ETA for now.

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
For 0.3.x i added universal xp_mult parameter, allowing model, parts and part defects to affect gained xp. Can affect every skills same or specific skills differently.
Later on i may add more effects. Most likely in form of part special effect slots. No ETA for now.

As for powercore and other specific parts usage, something is planned. Specific parts will change how bot is played, almost 100%. Powercore suggestions were to limit possible bot actions per time based on powercore level and disable bots if power output is not enough to support every installed part. Also idea of making general bot efficiency lower if powercore is too low make sense to me too.
Will think about it, but very likely something will be added. Again, no ETA for now.

Hi, :)

I have only 1 question.
Will the scenario and the quests have any progress to this update?

Akren

Aug 25, 2019
honestly rn I agree with just adding more functions to the game, the core's more than good enough [a few extra clicks in the ui now won't kill you]
just do it like portals of phereon; only rework it if it's really really bad [and you have a good idea or it cannot be avoided], otherwise there's tons of other stuff to add first

also, how many random [in sfp i'd call it repeatable] quests are there rn? just the 'get chassis above disabled' quest?

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
honestly rn I agree with just adding more functions to the game, the core's more than good enough [a few extra clicks in the ui now won't kill you]
just do it like portals of phereon; only rework it if it's really really bad [and you have a good idea or it cannot be avoided], otherwise there's tons of other stuff to add first

also, how many random [in sfp i'd call it repeatable] quests are there rn? just the 'get chassis above disabled' quest?
that and the get out of debt quest. those are the only ones in game at the moment.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Hi, :)

I have only 1 question.
Will the scenario and the quests have any progress to this update?
0.3.x will focus on adding mechanics/core systems with major goal of making later updates save compatible.
There will be some content, mainly NetConsole, but not much scenario/story/quests.

After that i will start working on 0.4.x. I plan to focus on adding content with it, locations, quests and events. If will have enough time will finish main quest, so you can actually get "Good Ending". Rough ETA for 0.4.x is late Feb.

Right now only repeatable task is "Repair order".
In 0.3.x NetConsole will provide more repeatable content.
With 0.4.x i plan to add more and rebalance things.

Reactions: Godogma and X-Topic

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
After that i will start working on 0.4.x. I plan to focus on adding content with it, locations, quests and events. If will have enough time will finish main quest, so you can actually get "Good Ending". Rough ETA for 0.4.x is late Feb.
How long will the main quest be? Because it sounds like it might be short if you're finishing it that fast.
Then again I suppose it doesn't have to be very long if there's enough side-content to make up the difference.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
How long will the main quest be? Because it sounds like it might be short if you're finishing it that fast.
Then again I suppose it doesn't have to be very long if there's enough side-content to make up the difference.
Right now i have 3 stages in mind.
Main quest will be pretty straightforward way to default "Good Ending".
Side content may be different, providing different quests/paths leading to different content or special endings.

Basically, you just want to focus on repairing bots and managing workshop, focus on main quest. It is straightforward and generally wouldn't take too much time to complete. Focus is on management, training or just shaping perfect harem.
You want to explore world/lore/side activities, play side/optional content. This may be from straightforward to weird. Focus is on lore, achievements, roleplay.

At least this is how i think about it right now. When i actually get to it, i may change my mind in process.

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
I feel that the 6 bot limit is way too limiting, also it just screams they need more content
To be fair 6 pods is fine for vanilla as there's only 5 bot models and most people probably won't like all of them. It's only with mods it starts to feel insufficient.
imo

Reactions: X-Topic

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
To be fair 6 pods is fine for vanilla as there's only 5 bot models and most people probably won't like all of them. It's only with mods it starts to feel insufficient.
imo

Excactly :D ...and most of us use mods for the love of variety of bots and bots parts(i love to tinker them as i love to build custom pc's) :D...also mods save time for the creator to focus on the game mechanics and scenario :D

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes