4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
I like how much Radnor communicates with us directly here. That's fairly rare I find. Only other one on this level that I've seen is RyenSaotome with Renryuu: Ascension. Let's hope we don't put you off with our demands for more!
I can understand when people want this or that content or update sooner, but i have limited time and large todo list, so i do what i can, when i can.
So while i understand you guys, please, don't push too much. Eventually things will be done.

Rosaleen

Feb 19, 2020
I was always wondering how you manage to develop the game when you almost answer every question here. You must be a droid too. Aren't you dear?

Reactions: X-Topic

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Something that Ive been curious about- the generate mind chances.
Are the chances to draw None the same for default as well as defined parameters?
It seems like the defined bots appear with None extremely often. But when they do load skills, the load is right.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Ok, there are few (already fixed) bugs reported by playtesters so far, so if nothing happens there is very good chance of 0.3.1 next 10-20 hours, still need to clean things up and update modding documentation.

Last edited:

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Finally uploaded v0.3.1!

Changelog in no particular order:
Code:
+ modding: load mods zip archives from "game/mods/" and "<%USER/GAME%>/saves/" folders
+ modding: moddable game constants, "dscs_tunings" dict
+ modding: remove existing entities with "-id" format, supporting * wildcard
+ modding: moddable name variant tables, "name_tables" dict
+ gameplay: generic part slots, allowing bots with different parts layout
+ modding: moddable part slots, "bot_part_slots" dict
+ gameplay: generic roles, allowing advanced roles, combining two or more simple roles
+ modding: moddable roles, "bot_roles" dict
+ quality-of-life: movies audio channel played on voice mixer, muted by default
+ gameplay: universal xp_mult parameter for bot models/parts/defects, catch-all/per-skill/eval
+ gameplay: part damage_on_remove parameter, int/float/list of floats/"destroy"
+ code-stub: power_consumption part parameter, powercores will have negative
+ code-stub: list of dump site scavenge loot found during current visit
+ code-stub: changeable max energy/AP
+ code-stub: automatic traits appearing depending on real-time conditions
+ code-stub: bot parts special effects
+ code-stub: MC implants
+ code-stub: MC installed software
+ code-stub: bots installed software
+ quality-of-life: bulk sell part type at workshop part-tinker screen
+ quality-of-life: bulk sell options to workshop inventory, by rate or irreparable defects
+ quality-of-life: togglable do-not-sell flag for bots and parts
+ modding: use preview image as main if no associated movie/image is found
+ quality-of-life: repair-random-bot workshop button, with repeat
+ gameplay: "shopkeeper" role, combining techie/clerks roles and passively operating shop
+ workshop upgrade: bots storage room, bot interaction costs 1AP to "power up"
+ gameplay: NetConsole system, network interactions hub at home
+ gameplay: NetConsole, "Grey Market BBS", buy/sell/trade/flavor offers
+ gameplay: combat/social smart/dumb traits
Major new things in 0.3.1:
- NetConsole and Grey Market BBS, this will server as one of main ways to do business
- more moddable things, including, but not limited to, custom bot model parts/slots layouts, think nekobot ears/tails etc
- BIG STORAGE workshop upgrade, can catch em all now
- QoL: bulk part sales, shopekeeper roles selling lower level items autonomously, one-click repair random bot in capsule
- but wait, there is more, check changelog above :D

From dev point of view, this update should cover many foundation issues, lessening needs to break save compatibility and adds various code hooks invisible to player, but which will be useful later on.

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
I tried to add some traits, and the combat_smart / social_smart work, but I can't seem to be able to add the dumb traits as inherent traits for bots. Is that not possible, or is the syntax different?
For reference, I used: "sex_dumb_inherent"

Edit: normal sex dumb works, but not the inherent version... :cry:

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Technically, no. Mods from 0.2.1 should still work.
But the update gives a lot more possibilities to mod the bots, so I assume many modders will tweak their mods with those new things.

For my mod, I will probably need a week before I have time to release the update, since I will need to add new slots (tail, ears...) for some of the new bots. The mod should end up with 28 bots if I can do all I want.

Reactions: Hellraisers3
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes