4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
it appears that the dev got rid of the bonus on repair orders..
i got the bot up and running, then fixed all parts to 100% and delivered with no bonus for the complete fix job.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
- gameplay: generic part slots, allowing bots with different parts layout

Does this mean that we can tag the default parts as ( "eyes": ["eyes"] ) and it will pull random eyes?

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
check your compatibility. I have renamed several things in my build, so youll have to change them.

Ok changed the loadout to match Squibs S-classes and rezipped it to work with update, now to see if it can appear in a running save or if I have to restart...

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
is it me or is it way, way to easy to get cpus and powercores now?? well as long as you are willing to pay cash for them on the grey web.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
hmm...i cannot find anymore how to change the permanent max energy at this version ....the max energy of our mc...
i know the

mc.energy
mc.money

console commands but i cannot find how the change the mc.max_energy....either in console and in the save file.....any help how i can change it?
Max energy now use formula to calculate value from base constants.
Can try mc.max_energy_base=99, this will create instance variable overriding class constant, but it may also mess with future updates.

Hmm......it seems when i click work it crashes.....

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 31, in <module>
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 33, in _execute_python_hide
  File "game/modules/0005_core/core/utils.rpy", line 97, in randint
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (-13,-14, -1)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpyc", line 62, in script call
  File "modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpyc", line 31, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 31, in <module>
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 33, in _execute_python_hide
  File "game/modules/0005_core/core/utils.rpy", line 97, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 244, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 220, in randrange
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (-13,-14, -1)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
DSCS 0.3.1
Thu Feb 10 15:10:05 2022
Thank you, will check what is wrong there. Just to be sure, please tell, if you playing with mods or vanilla.

The additions in 0.3 are really fun!

The grey market requests really get the money in, especially the combat bot, which is way too much in my opinion... 250k money for 1 bot at combat C rank and nothing else (well, bot chassis rank C as well) lets you go cruise mode even on hard difficulty.

I've also seen that combining the shop assistant and clerk/techie roles is possible, do the benefits add up when picking both?

I've also been left in the dust by my bots xp-wise, so getting 1 or 2 techies off the ground to carry you seems like a really good start now.

Loving the patch.
Current content will be reworked/rebalanced later on, so have fun while it is as is :D

Nope, highest role tag efficiency is used. So if you have both techie and shopkeeper role, shopkeeper efficiency will be used as it is 1.5 instead of 1.0.

MC xp being slower than bots is intended, meatbags are inefficient. Basically you have to train multiple bots to get higher. But once you good enough you can do things, like repairs, better than bots.

i have noticed that repeat parts in my invetory will not stack, i have 3 extra v7's and they are listed as 3 different parts, even though i have fixed them all to 100%.
Yes, combining items was disabled for now, as there is do-not-sell tags, and code stub for parts special effects.
Once i work bit more on it i will understand what and how will affect it and will turn it back on. Sorry for inconvenience.

I have a different issue, usually caused by hitting repeat too quickly while training that causes the game to hang. No error message alas.
What platform you on? I have seen this once when playtesting on android. Nothing i can do really. Try Settings->System->Transitions speed, set it to Instant and disable in-game transitions. Might help i guess.

it appears that the dev got rid of the bonus on repair orders..
i got the bot up and running, then fixed all parts to 100% and delivered with no bonus for the complete fix job.
Didn't removed it, but maybe other parts rebalancing changed bonus price calculations. Will look into it. Model and parts rates may affect price, if price is below certain value, there will be no bonus.

- gameplay: generic part slots, allowing bots with different parts layout

Does this mean that we can tag the default parts as ( "eyes": ["eyes"] ) and it will pull random eyes?
Nope, this wouldn't work. At least for now.
What it means is you can add/remove part slots, like removing arms and legs and adding tentacles, for example. Only thing required is every bot model should have slots/parts tagged as cpu and powercore, can even combine these into single slot/part if you like. See part_slots.json for examples.

• Red Heart
Reactions: X-Topic

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
I have no issue (except when the tests I'm doing on my mod is the obvious culprit...) when I use Work.
Do you use mods, or did you edit some variables? What exactly lead to the bug?
I only edited at save game the skills of my bots from D to S.....the variable i manual edited to 7 after i trained them a bit and also i upgrated their autonomy to 7 so they can have 3 roles...nothing else was changed.....at all the previous versions i had no issues

also i didn't use any mods at this version it was the vanilla only

Last edited:

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Nope, this wouldn't work. At least for now.
What it means is you can add/remove part slots, like removing arms and legs and adding tentacles, for example. Only thing required is every bot model should have slots/parts tagged as cpu and powercore, can even combine these into single slot/part if you like. See part_slots.json for examples.

I just had a bad image of someone designing a Beholder to float around as their clerk....

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Radnor

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
I only edited at save game the skills of my bots from D to S.....the variable i manual edited to 7 after i trained them a bit and also i upgrated their autonomy to 7 so they can have 3 roles...nothing else was changed.....at all the previous versions i had no issues

also i didn't use any mods at this version
Can you place attached file to <game>/game/ folder and load game just before crash, please?
Problem is i was testing with 1-2 bots with not too high skills, when you get 6 maxed bots, especially if you up some values with mods, game "can not compute". At least i think problem is there.

• Red Heart

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
Can you place attached file to <game>/game/ folder and load game just before crash, please?
Problem is i was testing with 1-2 bots with not too high skills, when you get 6 maxed bots, especially if you up some values with mods, game "can not compute". At least i think problem is there.

Yes it is FIXED :D Many thanks :D

Before trying to add mods...are all the previous working mods work as they should at this verison?

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Yes it is FIXED :D Many thanks :D

Before trying to add mods...are all the previous working mods work as they should at this verison?
Great, thanks!
I believe so, didn't removed/changed mods-related code, only added/expanded, so most/all of older mods should work as before.

• Red Heart

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
Yes, both me and artist hadn't enough free time to add something good this update.
But there are lots of mods adding quite nice models.
i have yet to find the second asian looking bot, not jkb-12, so i was just curious if she is still there

Jarspe

Oct 7, 2018
i had my game freeze couple of times when i used the mods as .zip files and then i unzipped them and used the folder system and the game hasn't frozen anymore, so there might be something weird going on with the game when using .zip system.

P.S. oh forgot to mention that the game always froze when i did back-to-back SEX training.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
i had my game freeze couple of times when i used the mods as .zip files and then i unzipped them and used the folder system and the game hasn't frozen anymore, so there might be something weird going on with the game when using .zip system.

P.S. oh forgot to mention that the game always froze when i did back-to-back SEX training.
Well, using mod folders is still a main way to do things, but i will check what is going on there. Maybe i missed something, maybe renpy just don't like it. Also what platform are you playing it?

Jarspe

Oct 7, 2018
Well, using mod folders is still a main way to do things, but i will check what is going on there. Maybe i missed something, maybe renpy just don't like it. Also what platform are you playing it?
i'm playing on windows and the game is installed on HDD not sure if SSD would make any difference but since its not freezing when using folder system i just assumed there might be something going on with how the game/renpy handles .zip files.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Radnor

Jarspe

Oct 7, 2018
i'm playing on windows and the game is installed on HDD not sure if SSD would make any difference but since its not freezing when using folder system i just assumed there might be something going on with how the game/renpy handles .zip files.
oh just food for thought. Could the problem be in the size of the zip file or the video file? Especially when doing repeat sex training clicks? i mean my own mod is 1,4 Gb and the squibmod is like 2,4 Gb so maybe that has something to do with it or maybe not??
anyway pretty good update so far regardless.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
oh just food for thought. Could the problem be in the size of the zip file or the video file? Especially when doing repeat sex training clicks? i mean my own mod is 1,4 Gb and the squibmod is like 2,4 Gb so maybe that has something to do with it or maybe not??
anyway pretty good update so far regardless.
Ah, may be actually. For large mods (i mean hundreds of Mb or Gb+) it surely would be best to unzip things and remove zip archive from game folders.

Reactions: Jarspe

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
well i got the akera the next time i went to the dump.
have all the mods been updated on the post on page 9??
you might want to change the odds of getting cpu and powercore offers on the grey market, i have 7 of all of them for a little bit of cash.
my question to the other players would be, why have anything other than bedroom toys and shopkeepers for your personal harem of bots??
currently the hardest parts for me to get are arms and legs, everything else is easy peasy to get.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes