4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
well i got the akera the next time i went to the dump.
have all the mods been updated on the post on page 9??
you might want to change the odds of getting cpu and powercore offers on the grey market, i have 7 of all of them for a little bit of cash.
my question to the other players would be, why have anything other than bedroom toys and shopkeepers for your personal harem of bots??
currently the hardest parts for me to get are arms and legs, everything else is easy peasy to get.
Will change chances/prices next updates. Need to add some more events/parts/bots first though, so there is variety, so i can make some stuff rare. Otherwise game will be too empty/hard.

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
Ah, may be actually. For large mods (i mean hundreds of Mb or Gb+) it surely would be best to unzip things and remove zip archive from game folders.
For reference, the tests I made so far are with a zip of 1.4 Gb, with all the assets in the zip, and the json outside the zip. I also have a second mod (around 400 Mb), with the same system (asset in zip, json outside).
I haven't got any issues so far (game is installed on HDD, not SSD), even on back-to-back sex training.

have all the mods been updated on the post on page 9??
AFAIK, no mod has been updated yet. They're still working as they were before, but no new functionality have been added to the mods yet.
For my mod, the update will most likely not arrive until next week. On that note, I'm still wondering whether I should use modded parts from other modders (S-rank or A-rank parts for example), or keep the bots parts as base game for now, until Radnor introduces the higher/lower rank parts.

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
For reference, the tests I made so far are with a zip of 1.4 Gb, with all the assets in the zip, and the json outside the zip. I also have a second mod (around 400 Mb), with the same system (asset in zip, json outside).
I haven't got any issues so far (game is installed on HDD, not SSD), even on back-to-back sex training.

AFAIK, no mod has been updated yet. They're still working as they were before, but no new functionality have been added to the mods yet.
For my mod, the update will most likely not arrive until next week. On that note, I'm still wondering whether I should use modded parts from other modders (S-rank or A-rank parts for example), or keep the bots parts as base game for now, until Radnor introduces the higher/lower rank parts.
if you are going to make a mod, i would aask the other modders if they mind if you can use their parts and what not.

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
i wish i had the know how to do programing at all, i would be working on my own game and then see about adding a new company and bots here as part of the main story in the future.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Im playing with this new parts tag , and Im obviously doing something wrong.. maybe I still dont quite understand.
is the tag system a way to 'replace' default slots - say, replace 'bot_arms' slot with 'monster_wings' slot? or do we tag the new slots as "arms"? im attaching the draft of my concept. can someone please review it and help me understand this better

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
Im playing with this new parts tag , and Im obviously doing something wrong.. maybe I still dont quite understand.
is the tag system a way to 'replace' default slots - say, replace 'bot_arms' slot with 'monster_wings' slot? or do we tag the new slots as "arms"? im attaching the draft of my concept. can someone please review it and help me understand this better
slot_tags are flags, currently only "cpu" and "powercore" are used.
So for beholder you want to have "beholder_eyes", "beholder_mouth" and "beholder_core" slots.
With "beholder_core" having both "cpu" and "powercore" tags, making it central part and eyes and mouth less important.
Code:
 "bot_part_slots": [
    {
      "id": "beholder_core",
      "name": "Demonic Core",
      "list_priority": 1,
      "category_price_mult": 1,
      "slot_tags": [
        "cpu",
        "powercore",
      ],
      "beauty_weight": 0,
      "event_damage": {
        "training_combat": 10,
      },
    },
  ]

"bot_models": [

## Beholder #########
    {
      "model_id": "Beholder",
      "model_name": "Beholder",
      "model_description": "Saneulae ventures.\nInitially launched as a promotion for gamers and sci-fi fans, the 'Beholder' was intended as a fun scare.\nProduction was halted after several reports of this bot malfunctioning and killing people.\nDO NOT APPROACH.",
      "model_tags": [
        "Beholder",
      ],
      "name_variants": "monster_names",
      "gender": "None",
      "rate": "F",
      "price_mult": 0.0,
      "psychocore_stability_decay_mult": 0.5,
      "part_damage_mult": 0.5,
      "default_traits": [
      ],
      "default_parts": {
        "beholder_core": "beholder_hellfire_core",
        "beholder_eyes": "beholder_evil_eyes",
        "beholder_mouth": "beholder_fangs",
      },
Something like, roughly, not tested.

cklaubur

Apr 2, 2018
it appears that the dev got rid of the bonus on repair orders..
i got the bot up and running, then fixed all parts to 100% and delivered with no bonus for the complete fix job.
I still get the bonus on some orders, but I think it's now a random shot on whether the bonus is awarded or not.

RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
I'm really not sure why I make a torrent for a game so small...Kudos to the developer for being so efficient.

Torrent: ( ) ❤
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You can find additional information and if you find this useful, we also accept !
Join for requests/support and get torrents a few minutes early! (rpdl#6652)

Problems with a torrent? Check our , and if you still need help let me know here!
Please do not derail the game-thread!

Reactions: Doejhn

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
I still get the bonus on some orders, but I think it's now a random shot on whether the bonus is awarded or not.
it is better now to train combat bots to sell on the grey market than to hope that a side order to fix a bot to come in and pray that you get a bonus. so far of the 7 repair orders i haven't gotten any bonus. and combat bots give 250k each.

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
Question : Why when we repair a bot for an order and we do an exceptional good work we don't take a a bonus tip from our client as before? I mean what is the thinking behind this action?

Example : When a client bring us a broken bot that he just want to take it back and to be just functional whithout any press of time.....i fully repair it and restore it....then at previous versions he would pay me the 1000 as was agreed and he was giving me 2000 more as a bonus...this flavour text didn't appear yet at my playthrough...is it bugged or the philoshophy behind this action was changed?

Comment+Question: I really love the way the mechanics and the interface blend and work on this game.....but could we have a small sneakpick of the roadmap ahead as far as the quest progress ? what we have to except more or less as the scenario envolve? We might be able to help with some ideas....anyway excellent work man both for your work at the game and for your involment with your community:) Keep up the good work :D

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
Question : Why when we repair a bot for an order and we do an exceptional good work we don't take a a bonus tip from our client as before? I mean what is the thinking behind this action?

Example : When a client bring us a broken bot that he just want to take it back and to be just functional whithout any press of time.....i fully repair it and restore it....then at previous versions he would pay me the 1000 as was agreed and he was giving me 2000 more as a bonus...this flavour text didn't appear yet at my playthrough...is it bugged or the philoshophy behind this action was changed?

Comment+Question: I really love the way the mechanics and the interface blend and work on this game.....but could we have a small sneakpick of the roadmap ahead as far as the quest progress ? what we have to except more or less as the scenario envolve? We might be able to help with some ideas....anyway excellent work man both for your work at the game and for your involment with your community:) Keep up the good work :D
about the bonus, supposidly it can happen, but for the 7 of those i have had i haven't gotten a bonus yet

Reactions: X-Topic
Sep 17, 2017
about the bonus, supposidly it can happen, but for the 7 of those i have had i haven't gotten a bonus yet
I can verify the bonus does still occur, but it's been nerfed hard unintentionally by some of the other balancing changes. The highest bonus I have managed in the current build is 110, which came after upgrading the existing *non-mod* broken E class CPU to a C, and the E class Vocoder to a B (all other parts were just fixed and left on the bot without swapping). Previously this would have guaranteed a 2000 bonus. As of right now, taking the fix-my-bot jobs isn't worthwhile aside from using it to grind out expertise on specific chassis/parts to be able to fix those more efficiently down the line, or to grind mechanics rep which doesn't seem to actually do anything yet.

Reactions: X-Topic

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
slot_tags are flags, currently only "cpu" and "powercore" are used.
So for beholder you want to have "beholder_eyes", "beholder_mouth" and "beholder_core" slots.
With "beholder_core" having both "cpu" and "powercore" tags, making it central part and eyes and mouth less important.
Code:
"bot_part_slots": [
    {
      "id": "beholder_core",
      "name": "Demonic Core",
      "list_priority": 1,
      "category_price_mult": 1,
      "slot_tags": [
        "cpu",
        "powercore",
      ],
      "beauty_weight": 0,
      "event_damage": {
        "training_combat": 10,
      },
    },
  ]

"bot_models": [

## Beholder #########
    {
      "model_id": "Beholder",
      "model_name": "Beholder",
      "model_description": "Saneulae ventures.\nInitially launched as a promotion for gamers and sci-fi fans, the 'Beholder' was intended as a fun scare.\nProduction was halted after several reports of this bot malfunctioning and killing people.\nDO NOT APPROACH.",
      "model_tags": [
        "Beholder",
      ],
      "name_variants": "monster_names",
      "gender": "None",
      "rate": "F",
      "price_mult": 0.0,
      "psychocore_stability_decay_mult": 0.5,
      "part_damage_mult": 0.5,
      "default_traits": [
      ],
      "default_parts": {
        "beholder_core": "beholder_hellfire_core",
        "beholder_eyes": "beholder_evil_eyes",
        "beholder_mouth": "beholder_fangs",
      },
Something like, roughly, not tested.
Thank you.
I tweaked it again based on your example. Unfortunately, now Im chasing an non-descript invalid string... cross-eyed defect applied: too many commas.

luwinkle

Jan 14, 2019
Is there a way to raise Social? I didn't put any points in it and now I can't have a shopkeep.

Unless I just have to keep scavenging bots from the junk yard til I find one with social already.

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpy", line 235, in <module>
File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpy", line 228, in load_bot_models_from_mods
File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpy", line 228, in <lambda>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'list_priority'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 549, in main
renpy.game.context().run(node)
File "modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpyc", line 214, in script
File "modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpyc", line 214, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpy", line 235, in <module>
File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpy", line 228, in load_bot_models_from_mods
File "renpy/python.py", line 875, in do_mutation
return method(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/modules/0010_dscs_base/game/characters/bot_base/bot.rpy", line 228, in <lambda>
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'list_priority'

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
DSCS 0.3.1
Thu Feb 10 23:13:54 2022

Ok, my unproductive project is getting put in my new storage room for a while. Ill go back to tinkering with established chassis for a bit.

DerpTheDark

Aug 2, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpy", line 81, in <module>
NameError: name 'game_call_stack' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "renpy/bootstrap.py", line 331, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "renpy/main.py", line 651, in main
run(restart)
File "renpy/main.py", line 147, in run
renpy.execution.run_context(True)
File "renpy/execution.py", line 922, in run_context
context.run()
File "modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpyc", line 80, in script
File "modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpyc", line 80, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpy", line 81, in <module>
NameError: name 'game_call_stack' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22000
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
DSCS 0.3.1
Thu Feb 10 23:44:12 2022

A bug I keep running into while spamming quickloads/saves

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
i had my game freeze couple of times when i used the mods as .zip files and then i unzipped them and used the folder system and the game hasn't frozen anymore, so there might be something weird going on with the game when using .zip system.

P.S. oh forgot to mention that the game always froze when i did back-to-back SEX training.

Yeah, i'll have to do the same I guess.

Jun 13, 2021
i have question about the mods i was trying following instruction 2. Put the assets and JSON into the "DSCS-X.X.X-win/game/mods" folder. where exactly i extract to dsc on Android

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 45 Votes