4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
Technically, no. Mods from 0.2.1 should still work.
But the update gives a lot more possibilities to mod the bots, so I assume many modders will tweak their mods with those new things.

For my mod, I will probably need a week before I have time to release the update, since I will need to add new slots (tail, ears...) for some of the new bots. The mod should end up with 28 bots if I can do all I want.

Nice, I know I got a request for a specific model if any modders are willing. I think Connie Carter has enough material to make a great bot!

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
I tried to add some traits, and the combat_smart / social_smart work, but I can't seem to be able to add the dumb traits as inherent traits for bots. Is that not possible, or is the syntax different?
For reference, I used: "sex_dumb_inherent"

Edit: normal sex dumb works, but not the inherent version... :cry:
No inherent bad traits yet, might add next small update i guess.
Does this update effect how mods work or are made?
Old mods should work, i don't think i have removed/broke anything existing, tried to add/extend only.

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
No inherent bad traits yet, might add next small update i guess.

Old mods should work, i don't think i have removed/broke anything existing, tried to add/extend only.
I dont have time to play it, but i did download it and test it quick. My mod still seems to work, even better now that i can just leave it zipped

Reactions: Radnor

Daedalron

Oct 19, 2018
FYI, I tried to leave the assets in zip form, and the Json outside of the zip, and it works as well, which is IMHO the best configuration as it enables to tweak the Json as we need. Also, for future updates, people would just have to download the new json, and not the whole assets zip.

Reactions: Godogma and Radnor

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
hmm...i cannot find anymore how to change the permanent max energy at this version ....the max energy of our mc...
i know the

mc.energy
mc.money

console commands but i cannot find how the change the mc.max_energy....either in console and in the save file.....any help how i can change it?

Last edited:

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
hmm...i cannot find how to change permanent at this version the max energy of our mc...
i know the

mc.energy
mc.money

console commands but i cannot find how the change the mc.max_energy....either in console and in the save file.....any help how i can chage it?

Yeah that seems to be removed as something we can edit. A shame but oh well.

One thing about the update im not liking is that in inventory, items of same type and condition no longer stack. Makes wading through it all alot slower.

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
Yeah that seems to be removed as something we can edit. A shame but oh well.

One thing about the update im not liking is that in inventory, items of same type and condition no longer stack. Makes wading through it all alot slower.

hmm..ok ...but you have to appreciate the sell off of all irrepairable items :D..i loved this bottom :D

X-Topic

Dec 9, 2020
Hmm......it seems when i click work it crashes.....

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 31, in <module>
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 33, in _execute_python_hide
  File "game/modules/0005_core/core/utils.rpy", line 97, in randint
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (-13,-14, -1)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "modules/0005_core/core/main_loop.rpyc", line 62, in script call
  File "modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpyc", line 31, in script
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 31, in <module>
  File "game/modules/0020_dscs/game/locations/home/home_work.rpy", line 33, in _execute_python_hide
  File "game/modules/0005_core/core/utils.rpy", line 97, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 244, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/renpy-build/tmp/install.linux-x86_64/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 220, in randrange
ValueError: empty range for randrange() (-13,-14, -1)

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
DSCS 0.3.1
Thu Feb 10 15:10:05 2022

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
I just finished building my Connie bot last night... before these wonderful additions.

Thank you Rad, this is an awesome setup.

clockwinding

Nov 10, 2019
The additions in 0.3 are really fun!

The grey market requests really get the money in, especially the combat bot, which is way too much in my opinion... 250k money for 1 bot at combat C rank and nothing else (well, bot chassis rank C as well) lets you go cruise mode even on hard difficulty.

I've also seen that combining the shop assistant and clerk/techie roles is possible, do the benefits add up when picking both?

I've also been left in the dust by my bots xp-wise, so getting 1 or 2 techies off the ground to carry you seems like a really good start now.

Loving the patch.

Reactions: X-Topic

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
i have noticed that repeat parts in my invetory will not stack, i have 3 extra v7's and they are listed as 3 different parts, even though i have fixed them all to 100%.

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
I have no issue (except when the tests I'm doing on my mod is the obvious culprit...) when I use Work.
Do you use mods, or did you edit some variables? What exactly lead to the bug?

I have a different issue, usually caused by hitting repeat too quickly while training that causes the game to hang. No error message alas.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes