4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

saneulae

Sep 18, 2020
Question: when adding mods, is it necessary to start a new game in order to see the mod content?
Generally, the mods will start appearing in game after one or to clicks to advance the day. However, New Game is highly recommended after removing any mod.

Reactions: torpor

Lobby7568

Jun 1, 2020
Had to post, love the base game!
Running latest Android with few hiccups, (quick save is king) tried to mod a bit and looked through every post mentioning android but could not find anything conclusive except for the fact that even accessing the android/data folder is a mess nowadays, you need workarounds to do it. People kept mentioning that from Android 11 they disallow 3rd party apps to read from the data folder except for some cases, can't for the love of it make my game find the json file. Shame, but not the end of the world. 10/10 would still not sell my first Bot

Reactions: Radnor

mineride

Apr 14, 2019
View attachment 1879727
gotta say, some of these mods make for some interesting screenshots.
ho boy that's a big price.
After all, i made the tyrande bot have a big multiplier on the basic bot but i don't know what is the multipler for the delivery service.
the big multiplier is explained in the lore of the bot but i will change all the multiplier of the bot at some points as i've got all the multiplier of the corporation have made now fixed and writen inside an excel

mineride

Apr 14, 2019
@mineride's mods
Contains missions, bots(individually downloaded) and a database mod.
Author stated they would post future mods there.
Update 23/06/22 :
- Grey - database : fixed bug creator with a key that doesn't exist

- bots : new bots available : Cass, AdaW and Claire.

- bots parts : 2 news sets from another corp

toradrac

Dec 17, 2016

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Requires ShakyMod_Parts and my male bot nametable (well, you don't need the nametable, you can just change the name_variants value in the json back to european_names or japanese_names if you really want to.)

And the aforementioned . It's only 27 names, but that should be enough probably.

Last edited:
Reactions: atomicp

Thaimas

Sep 10, 2021
Last edited:
Reactions: toradrac

DanLong

Mar 23, 2018
I found that MR_Bots bots sometimes cause errors because of the webp files. They are not always recognized.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
Yep, when replacing part, game show only one part with best integrity/less defects. Mostly to simplify interface.
Still confusing as heck.

What I suggest is to cap skill levels to CPU level +1
Example:
An AGRX-10 with its E-rated Dual|X processor should be limited to Sex D, making it well suited for the disposable bots you sell to the club. If you want to sell it on the Grey Net though, Sex B, Combat C and Mechanics C would then require upgrading the CPU to a C-Rated NeuroTech v4.

I notice that training with a bot that has higher levels in Sex and Combat results in you getting more experienced, but this is not the case if they have higher levels in technical or Social. Is this a deliberate game choice?

On the subject of Sex and Combat, training these seem particularly hard on the chassis, but there's no similar wear and tear for training Social or technical skills. Maybe increased wear and tear on the CPU and eyes? Arm damage for Mechanical and Electronics?

Also somewhat stumped on the AGp-Val. You'd think a tech focused model would need good eyes, but they're stuck with E-Rated OCU/7s. Meanwhile the BDSM and gen purpose models are all using more advanced Irida-XRs.

Gato21

Oct 16, 2021
Still confusing as heck.

What I suggest is to cap skill levels to CPU level +1
Example:
An AGRX-10 with its E-rated Dual|X processor should be limited to Sex D, making it well suited for the disposable bots you sell to the club. If you want to sell it on the Grey Net though, Sex B, Combat C and Mechanics C would then require upgrading the CPU to a C-Rated NeuroTech v4.

I notice that training with a bot that has higher levels in Sex and Combat results in you getting more experienced, but this is not the case if they have higher levels in technical or Social. Is this a deliberate game choice?

On the subject of Sex and Combat, training these seem particularly hard on the chassis, but there's no similar wear and tear for training Social or technical skills. Maybe increased wear and tear on the CPU and eyes? Arm damage for Mechanical and Electronics?

Also somewhat stumped on the AGp-Val. You'd think a tech focused model would need good eyes, but they're stuck with E-Rated OCU/7s. Meanwhile the BDSM and gen purpose models are all using more advanced Irida-XRs.
Your suggestion has merit.

Perdurabo

May 4, 2017
I'm not sure capping the skills is quite fitting. There is a BIG xp difference between using a good CPU and a cheap junk one. But look at RL computers. A simple processor can be absurdly skilled at a task.

Now capping /autonomy/? Absolutely. That makes 100% perfect sense. That's a highly complicated thing, and simple processors just wouldn't be able to manage it. So any CPU below C grade would be incapable of supporting dual roles.

Might be fitting to also limit getting the smart traits to advanced CPUs as well.

I very much, however, think that when changing CPU, there should be a loss of skills (since there's no memory module). Because as it stands, get your hands on a top of the line CPU, put it in the bot, train up, replace the CPU with cheap crap, no downsides.

Sleeping In Pieces

Mar 16, 2019
A simple processor can be absurdly skilled at a task.
These aren't simple repetitive tasks. It's having an understanding of social interaction that exceeds that of a human for example. Sure a simple CPU can be good at it, but it's a bit like AIs vs chess grandmasters, the older ones could still be beaten. There's just a point at which a slower more primitive CPU will not be able to cope with all the variables a more advanced performance will require.

Also, under my suggestion, swapping a CPU to a less advanced one will also result in a loss of skill levels beyond the cap. I think it's implied that memories are stored in the psychocore, as wiping it will result in loss of skills and traits. Skill levels though, isn't just bland technical do this or that. It's best practices and 'hacks'.

MagicBucket

Oct 20, 2020
After some time playing all notifications seem to be stuck on "Hidden" no matter what the actual settings are set to. This is only on my 300+ day save and a new game has the notifications back and the settings (Normal/Small/Hidden) work just fine there.

Radnor

Game Developer
Nov 9, 2021
After some time playing all notifications seem to be stuck on "Hidden" no matter what the actual settings are set to. This is only on my 300+ day save and a new game has the notifications back and the settings (Normal/Small/Hidden) work just fine there.
Open console, type
Code:
notify.enable()
If it does not help, try
Code:
notify.counters.clear()
I see this reported for second time, but have no idea why it could happen. Do you playing with mods?

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes