4.60 star(s) 45 Votes

dmmt

May 8, 2020
just curious, since I tend ot play this game on hardcore....if I did a play through Hardcore video for say the 1st 45-60 days, I can put it on youtube and make the listing private so only those with the link can access it, would there be (a) interest in that or (b) a prohibition against it?

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Once you get a Bot's Combat to B or A rank, you can start sending it to the night-only "Illegal Death Match" Mission. I don't know if there's a risk of bot death for a high rank combat stat, but failure doesn't necessarily mean bot death, and win or lose, your bot should be earning a ton of Combat XP.
The condition to lose bots is combat<=C. You've got a minumum 75% chance to lose the bot if sending it with C or lower combat with a higher chance if some other stats are low. To a maximum chance of maybe 90% or so.
That mod is a pretty basic version and I had some plans to make it WAY more fleshed out but never really got around to it.

There was also some stuff that's hard to account for. For example: the damage your bots take during fights and the XP they earn is all subject to modifiers like damage reduction/xp mods. So a fairly low XP reward would still be very high with good CPU and smart trait. I think you can end up getting something like 15x+ more xp then what is assigned in the mission results.

And part damage is hard to account for because even if I set it to do 50-200 damage to a part and it rolls 200 it could be reduced to a pittance by part and bot damage reduction.
We're talking ending up taking 1-10% instead of 200 with good parts/bots depending on used mods. Which is pretty wierd since it creates a kinda all or nothing situation where either I set damage taken for losing absurdly high which guarantees that calculated parts are destroyed. Or I set it to high but not super and then high damage reduction stuff makes it so that a deathmatch ends with minor damage instead of parts severly damaged and/or destroyed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: atomicp and EroKala

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Here's the first version of my BotSchool mod. Let's you pay to send your bots to take skill courses.
Let me know what you think.

Reactions: EroKala

fredinator

Jun 23, 2017
Here's the first version of my BotSchool mod. Let's you pay to send your bots to take skill courses.
Mega link
Will try it. And while I'm at it may I suggest a way to either mass hack your bots like tinker does or a way to increase the stability of bots somehow because some of them get unstable very fast

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
Will try it. And while I'm at it may I suggest a way to either mass hack your bots like tinker does or a way to increase the stability of bots somehow because some of them get unstable very fast
In the current game version instability is pretty much only a benefit.

fredinator

Jun 23, 2017
In the current game version instability is pretty much only a benefit.
Ok, I'm just sayin that if one would like to deal with that its kinda annoying currently.

I tested the school mod and I like it because some stats are hard to increase because I seem to be unlucky and trigger always the 'dumb' trait in that stat.

Also I noticed that the game slows down after some time but the ram usage does not seem to increase

Foobert

Oct 16, 2017
That's been happening to me lately as well. Luckily, once they get the Smart version, it seems to stick.

dmmt

May 8, 2020
Yep, you can remove "Tech Dumb"; immediately Train Electronics...and get Tech Dumb again...and again...and again. EVENTUALLY, she will hit Tech Smart (if you kept removing Tech Dumb), and then the problem is gone.

Anarchist1992

Apr 10, 2021
i have downloaded squib's megamod assets, now how do i put them into use? this the first renpy game i had to modify aside for games that uses and replaces .dll files? got kinda lost or rather "perplexed and zoned out of reality mubling ' this will get my pc rekt' " when i saw the json code posted for the asset files. had zero experience in coding

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
i have downloaded squib's megamod assets, now how do i put them into use? this the first renpy game i had to modify aside for games that uses and replaces .dll files? got kinda lost or rather "perplexed and zoned out of reality mubling ' this will get my pc rekt' " when i saw the json code posted for the asset files. had zero experience in coding
I used squibs as an example in my new mod installation guide.

Also make sure you use the updated json
https://f95zone.to/threads/defective-sexbot-chop-shop-v0-4-1-radnor.104343/post-7539405

Anarchist1992

Apr 10, 2021
I used squibs as an example in my new mod installation guide.
Mega
Also make sure you use the updated json
https://f95zone.to/threads/defective-sexbot-chop-shop-v0-4-1-radnor.104343/post-7539405
will do some reading on this first. then, i will have to download the whole game again. i seem to have messed up something in between the pasting of assets since i extracted it from somewhere else in the system. thank you for the insight. this notif got me all shaken up thinking a mod just flagged me for something offensive but it was only the mod maker himself. had a mini heart attack there. will let you know as soon as i fixed this

EroKala

Jul 18, 2019
Mega link
Okay, so a quick test run of the Courses on a backed up (Normal difficulty) save. I did at least one of each course.
First off, for people like me who don't first read the mod's description (in the mod list in the menu of the game), the courses are specifically only available in the Morning, kind of like how the other job mods add missions that are available only at night.

2nd, holy shit, this would be awesome for higher-difficulty playthroughs, or just early game stuff. If the bot passes the course, they immediately go up a full letter grade. However, to clarify, the mission cost you see is for getting the skill to that point. So, a E grade skill (from nothing) would cost you 5k. It's not 5k for going from E to D. But for certain high value bots and grey-market bounties, paying 125K for A to S rank for something like Combat is a steal if you know you are going to make multiple millions (Disclaimer: this is from the perspective of a modded game that has a grey-board mission that is uncapped payout).

3rd, there's something odd about the time duration. It seems highly variable for how long a Bot takes on the Course. At first, a bot would take all day, and come back at night with a successful result. I thought that made sense, they are literally at school. And if they failed, they'd come back the next shift/time period, so at least I can put them to work for the rest of the day. But then I was getting a positive results after a single shift/time period (for example, Morning I send them to the Course, then before Afternoon they'd be back already with a positive result). It's highly variable, I'm not sure I like it. Even if it was a more stable yet longer time period, I'd probably prefer a more set time frame to expect my bot back by.

Side note, I have no idea if it's possible to make an equivalent mod for the Player Character, but if so, I think the Player's Course should definitely take a full day, and only provide something like maybe 25-40% of skill letter progress. Otherwise, it'd be too much of a cheat mod, especially for Player Social training. But then again, I'm assuming someone takes this idea and makes a player-focused mod for it.

Overall, for MrShaky's BotSchool mod, it's a solid entry in the mod list. Probably better for harder playthroughs (where player training is so much slower than a Normal playthrough), but could definitely be useful for all players. One caveat: It's definitely going to speed up players getting through their debt since they can dump money into getting Bots into matching the high-paying grey-market bounties much earlier than they might normally be able to do.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mr_Shaky

Mr_Shaky

Nov 6, 2017
I'm glad you like it.
3rd, there's something odd about the time duration. It seems highly variable for how long a Bot takes on the Course. At first, a bot would take all day, and come back at night with a successful result. I thought that made sense, they are literally at school. And if they failed, they'd come back the next shift/time period, so at least I can put them to work for the rest of the day. But then I was getting a positive results after a single shift/time period (for example, Morning I send them to the Course, then before Afternoon they'd be back already with a positive result). It's highly variable, I'm not sure I like it. Even if it was a more stable yet longer time period, I'd probably prefer a more set time frame to expect my bot back by.
The duration is supposed to be a full day for all courses. I can't set it to be shorter on failure since duration is set for the mission itself and not it's outcome. But I accidentally left most courses on 1 "time period" like I had it for testing purposes instead of changing it to 4 for a full day. If you want to fix it yourself just open the .json in any text editor and change "duration": X, to "duration": 4, or any other value you'd like. 1 is one rest/sleep. 4 is one day.
But for certain high value bots and grey-market bounties, paying 125K for A to S rank for something like Combat is a steal if you know you are going to make multiple millions (Disclaimer: this is from the perspective of a modded game that has a grey-board mission that is uncapped payout).
I can't really do anything about balancing for other 3rd party content. Uncapped payouts is OP enough as it is that I don't think this mod making it easier to get them makes much difference overall. Doesn't really matter if I get an uncapped payout day 1 or day 84 since the hardcore payment cap is 100K at day 85 onward. And as long as you get to that point before that you're fine.
If you're concerned about balance however you could change the debt in the tunings to make it much more brutal for mods like that.

EDIT: I fixed the duration and changed the cost description to be slightly clearer.
1658049681435.png

Last edited:
Reactions: EroKala

usernameao

Nov 19, 2017
wanted to ask if its possible to get every bot from the dumps or are certain, maybe higher quality(?) models not gonna show up there no matter how hard i look?

Frurose

Nov 7, 2017
wanted to ask if its possible to get every bot from the dumps or are certain, maybe higher quality(?) models not gonna show up there no matter how hard i look?
I cannot speak about what mods can do, but the vanilla game has all bots in the dump.

4.60 star(s) 45 Votes