Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
What do people want a rework to actually accomplish?
I'd be interested to hear what other people think. For me personally, the game is starting to feel more and more like a date sim with a lot of customisation. And the more clothes there are, the less chance there is of new poses being added. It's like LittleSisterLover said in his review: inconsistent design choices, lack of player interaction, and a massive number of bugs.

Dark survival is a core part of this game in my opinion, but for some reason this part of the game feels completely forgotten. Combat is one of the key features of the survival part, and it's as outdated as it could be. Personally, I would like to see combat with logic, new dialogue, memory for the NPC system and a visual update(new poses). By NPC memory I mean something similar to this game.

In general, I feel like the more things change in this game, the more they stay the same. And I don't like that feeling.

Mr_Sel

Mar 16, 2018
It might be fun in few years, to train language model with Lilith's Throne etc. and have it add aggressive options to Degrees of Lewdity. ^^

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
It might be fun in few years, to train language model with Lilith's Throne etc. and have it add aggressive options to Degrees of Lewdity. ^^
It doesnt matter how good the fad AI models get they can not and will not ever be a replacement for actual creative work. Especially on something they dont have any good inputs for or for something that is so context heavy like writing events for a game like this. You cant just feed the raw text of the game code into an AI model wave your hand and tell it to install new gameplay features. People treat AI like some kind of magic fucking wand when all it really does is sweep the internet for the first hits on google so it can mash them all together and output absolute garbage that only fools the dumbest people into thinking any of it is actually useful. That or you know baits a bunch of companies into thinking they can fire all of their actual customer service employees and replace them with a server trained to waste everyones time. AI has the potential to be useful but most of its use cases where it can perform it will always be worse than an actual human doing actual work. The only reason its so hyped because a bunch of companies have it in their mind they can get by saving on payroll by replacing people with computers because they dont have to eat. Everyone they fire in the process can starve for all they care because they dont.

Dark survival is a core part of this game in my opinion, but for some reason this part of the game feels completely forgotten. Combat is one of the key features of the survival part, and it's as outdated as it could be. Personally, I would like to see combat with logic, new dialogue, memory for the NPC system and a visual update(new poses). By NPC memory I mean something similar to this game.

In general, I feel like the more things change in this game, the more they stay the same. And I don't like that feeling.
There are a lot of new events and areas that have been added though like the island and all of the stuff with the apartments and housekeeping. The dog pound as well along with the fox TF. Its not like they have done nothing on the gameplay side no matter how many people run around crying that they shouldnt add events for whatever NPC they dont like. As i have posted before new poses dont do a goddamn thing aside from waste a lot of dev time. Name one gameplay element that would actually matter with a new pose and actually effect combat. The only thing a new pose would do is mutiply the amount of work it would take to implement stuff like clothing or the piercing stuff they have discussed. It doesnt matter if you are sitting standing floating or flying all of the basic gameplay components are there in the default poses we already have.

Aruging for more combat options then saying new poses are a good way to add that makes no sense. There is a combat overhaul in the works but i highly doubt it will have anything to do with entirely new art assests because what we currently have already handle most if not all scenarios that come up inside combat. Most likely it will be more levers inside combat instead of a couple basic stats and maybe a better UI for what the status of opponents are.

Ifllslonly

Oct 17, 2023
There are a lot of new events and areas that have been added though like the island and all of the stuff with the apartments and housekeeping. The dog pound as well along with the fox TF. Its not like they have done nothing on the gameplay side no matter how many people run around crying that they shouldnt add events for whatever NPC they dont like.
Does it matter if you add a new character to a fighting game if the combos are not implemented? That's an exaggeration, of course, but I'm not sure the new location is refreshing enough for a general gameplay loop. To be honest, the new weather system seems to add more to the gameplay.
And I'm not just talking about the combat, Bailey's payments, the general dynamic of the game, which starts out as a survival game with money and time management, but becomes a date sim, a scene-seeking grindfest, by the middle of the game.
As i have posted before new poses dont do a goddamn thing aside from waste a lot of dev time. Name one gameplay element that would actually matter with a new pose and actually effect combat. The only thing a new pose would do is mutiply the amount of work it would take to implement stuff like clothing or the piercing stuff they have discussed. It doesnt matter if you are sitting standing floating or flying all of the basic gameplay components are there in the default poses we already have.
What doesn't "waste a lot of dev time"? Isn't the pregnancy system a waste of dev time? As for poses, I partially agree that it probably won't have any real effect on combat. New poses would make more sense as part of a combat overhaul. Right now I'm talking about the general focus of development and one of the main gameplay systems that is ridiculously outdated. What would you personally like to add to the game?
Aruging for more combat options then saying new poses are a good way to add that makes no sense.
I'm not saying that, but I think it would be better to change the combat while keeping in mind potential new poses or maybe variations of existing poses (if it doesn't involve changes to the combat cloth sprite). The lack of poses is less of an issue for me personally, to be honest.

Reactions: ViviX12

MasterN64

Apr 29, 2020
The issue with game dev time is that if something doesnt add a new element that is interesting or more raw content its just not gonna be a good time investment. More poses that will basically just amount to having a different sprite on screen and almost nothing else is just a poor use of resources is all. There really isnt anything new to gain from having a standing sprite or whatever over what we currently have since the only real benefit would be to have something different to look at and it will add almost nothing to warrant spending so much time on it.

As for the rest of the content that was added that you compared to adding a new fighting game character all of that content is at least new content that adds new ideas to the table. It might not be fully fleshed out or explored but it is still laying the groundwork for more content of that type as the systems to integrate them and the ideas presented exist now. That alone is worth the cost of admission as far as dev time is concerned.

And really all combat needs is some underlying mechanics to give the player more agency aside from just setting actions for body parts and having some arbitrary bar fill up or deplete. Add stamina tied to athletics to give fights a sense of urgency to combat. Add separate stats for each body part for arousal which would allow someone to feel more or less depending on the actions taken. Allow for low purity characters to turn non consensual encounters into consensual ones. There are a lot of things that can be added that would drastically alter combat and not just be "you can stand up now." Poses sound like a good idea but when you boil it all down they are the worst option since they dont actually add anything of value and are a lot of work to implement. Its just not cost effective. Adding literally any other mechanic that actually effects gameplay would go so much farther. As a bonus they also likely wouldnt require making thousands of sprites.

Hauk

Jan 14, 2021
so how do you download the mods again? the website is kinda bugged so i cant download the mods from there, do i just drag and drop the git files into the game folder?

Zevire

Jun 5, 2017
yo, can i now kill people in this game? this game is too forgiving to the npc, only letting me spraying them

mullovergem

May 17, 2018
so how do you download the mods again? the website is kinda bugged so i cant download the mods from there, do i just drag and drop the git files into the game folder?
Some of the mod packages you can find are prepatched zips but others would need to be extracted and dropped into the game files, yes.

gallows226

Jan 16, 2023
im just waiting for hypnosis to get more in this game than like two school events and a doctor's visit where they end it the second you cum.

DrJ

Jun 1, 2018
' Fixed missing back image for the feet-length space buns. '
Is there a way to have a back view of your character I was unaware of? If not, I wouldn't say no the option in a future update. It'd be nice to see the butt size visually rather than just told through text and sex interactions.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
' Fixed missing back image for the feet-length space buns. '
Is there a way to have a back view of your character I was unaware of? If not, I wouldn't say no the option in a future update. It'd be nice to see the butt size visually rather than just told through text and sex interactions.
Huh? I'm quite certain this is about hair.

pinkielov

Jun 23, 2022
how do i find robin, i have knocked on robin's door but no one is there, i have already found robin at the docks so this is the second time he has gone missing

Lolnoder

Sep 11, 2020
Playing Degrees of Lewdity with mods for the first time. Plus/BEEESSS/Hikari prebuilt version, no frills or anything. Started chargen and I notice that all breast sizes past flat clip through the default dress. Is this a known/fixable issue or should I just pick a different config?

Ferhero

Dec 14, 2022
Playing Degrees of Lewdity with mods for the first time. Plus/BEEESSS/Hikari prebuilt version, no frills or anything. Started chargen and I notice that all breast sizes past flat clip through the default dress. Is this a known/fixable issue or should I just pick a different config?
Well, the packs are not finished and are constantly being updated, the only solution is to choose a smaller chest or wait for them to update it.

4.50 star(s) 182 Votes