Midge

Nov 21, 2019
I thought that the 'horse' label was misplaced when I was humped by a centaur. Never saw any actual horses.
You have beastmen enabled, they are regular horses when that's turned down or off. What is a centaur if not a man top with a whole horse body.
cent0f080379248ced95.jpg

Last edited:

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
I thought you were talking about "roll reversal" not just domestic stuff which i agreed with adding and even said that Vrel is going to add more options from what i've read from him...
I think I know where the frustration over lack of dominant/assertive stuff stems from. From what I've noticed, it's usually expressed by gamers playing the PC as a straight boy. And herein lies the problem, because as much as sandboxy and gender-customizable Degrees of Lewdity try to be, at this moment at its core the PC is written generally as feminine, with most NPCs being masculine. What I mean by that is that one needs helluva suspension of disbelief to try not to laugh at a sexual assault scene whereby an athletic boy punches and kicks a female assailant as she pulls his head to her moist pussy. That's almost taken straight out of Monty Python's and the Holy Grail, where the valiant Sir Galahad becomes overwhelmed by the girls of the Castle Anthrax who demand to be spanked all. And after the spanking, oral sex!

So, while I play this game as a female and work things out the soft, submissive-promiscuous way, I can kinda understand the pain that the boys who wanna be boys go through when they want to play tough and realize this is not a game about a young male learning how to score women and kick butt.

It would be a massive undertaking I guess, but it would help a lot if a more male-specific route was written into the game, which would take the gender differences much further beyond just pronouns, genitalia and clothing options. This, or just drop gender configuration altogether.

Last edited:

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I think I know where the frustration over lack of dominant/assertive stuff stems from. From what I've noticed, it's usually expressed by gamers playing the PC as a straight boy. And herein lies the problem, because as much as sandboxy and gender-customizable Degrees of Lewdity try to be, at this moment at its core the PC is written generally as feminine, with most NPCs being masculine. What I mean by that is that one needs helluva suspension of disbelief to try not to laugh at a sexual assault scene whereby an athletic boy punches and kicks a female assailant as she pulls his head to her moist pussy. That's almost taken straight out of Monty Python's and the Holy Grail, where the valiant Sir Galahad becomes overwhelmed by the girls of the Castle Anthrax who demand to be spanked all. And after the spanking, oral sex!

So, while I play this game as a female and work things out the soft, submissive-promiscuous way, I can kinda understand the pain that the boys who wanna be boys go through when they want to play tough and realize this is not a game about a young male learning how to score women and kick butt.

It would be a massive undertaking I guess, but it would help a lot if a more male-specific route was written into the game, which would take the gender differences much further beyond just pronouns, genitalia and clothing options. This, or just drop gender configuration altogether.
What you describe is IMHO more a problem of the player than the game.
The pretext of the game is, you are playing a boy or a girl not am woman or a man.
MC is mostly alone and tries to get along in town where most NPCs are bad and some are evil. They are bigger, stronger and often not alone.
That's not a M/F question. MC just cannot win, at least not in an open battle.

Nevertheless there are still options to fight back. My current MC is a tiny girl. And she kicks a lot of butt. Defiance is maxed.
You have to choose the battles you can win. Sun Tsu is always a good read.

( If an open battle is out of question, maybe Robin, Kylar and MC could found a revolutionary underground army in the loft? Guerilla warfare is always an option! ^^ )

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
That's not a M/F question.
Yes, it is. The way that the current sex 'combat' mechanics operate are feminine, or if you wish to use a more gender-neutral term, receptive rather than giving. And it's plain to see that, especially when you reverse the roles and make a young boy an object of a sexual assault committed by a woman. These scenes would need to be reworked if they're to be believable, unless you're all happy to accept a female equivalent of a lecherous, violent man with a raging hard-on as a lecherous, violent woman with a wet rampaging pussy out to rape some teenager's penis.

In the same vein, a lot of the main lewd events in the game as the are at the moment are difficult to reconcile with a virile character.

Reactions: atur

noenchilada

Dec 23, 2018
Yes, it is. The way that the current sex 'combat' mechanics operate are feminine, or if you wish to use a more gender-neutral term, receptive rather than giving. And it's plain to see that, especially when you reverse the roles and make a young boy an object of a sexual assault committed by a woman. These scenes would need to be reworked if they're to be believable, unless you're all happy to accept a female equivalent of a lecherous, violent man with a raging hard-on as a lecherous, violent woman with a wet rampaging pussy out to rape some teenager's penis.

In the same vein, a lot of the main lewd events in the game as the are at the moment are difficult to reconcile with a virile character.
'tis a SUB simulator, my guy. Believe it or not, a lot of men fantasize about being dominated by women. Like, over-powered and held down and fucked against their will. And yes, the game offers you a chance to be defiant, but really what you are is a bratty sub at most.

It's not about femininity, it's about you being the bottom bitch regardless of gender. I play mostly as a boy in a world full of men and women with strapons because that works for me, fulfills my weird and gross 'bottom boy' fantasy. When I first played DoL I knew and understood that it was made with this weird and gross fantasy in mind, that's what kept me playing. If it doesn't do it for you, maybe you're not the target demographic.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018

Oh, it's a problem for you, that your tiny boy MC gets ravished by lecherous women and you prefer him to be ravished by violent men with a raging hard-on?
There are convenient slider in the settings panel. "Percentage of people attracted to you that are male" → 100%, "Average size of NPC penises" → 8. Problem solved.

If OTOH you are thinking that your tiny boy MC suddenly discovers superpowers so he can reverse gang rape a group of 8 adults, DoL is definitely not weird enough for you.

LightCanadian

Jun 3, 2019
I think ive found a bug in the settings at the beginning
After configuring the setting to have only girls and increase the everage size of breast i went in the named NPC settings and generate all character based on settings and notice that all the character have flat breast

sparrow_rose

May 5, 2018
Male specific? You saying guys can't be submissive? Also, I'd hate the gender configuration being dropped. I usually play as a cute trappy boy, I don't have any interest in playing as a girl. At least, not until pregnancy is properly introduced. Cause those are my fetishes, I guess. At the tippy top of my fetish tier, reproduction (impregnation, pregnancy, birth, childcare is always a plus) and guy on guy gay. When those two are combined I'm a very~ happy pervert. Unfortunately there aren't too many games that do mpreg properly. Though, I get that combo scratch from some omegaverse stories, so yay~! Lol, literally every other fetish takes a back seat to those two for me. Anyways, this game is clearly submission focused. If you want to be an alpha male, there are actually a lot more games of that type to play. Just not currently this one. :)

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
There are convenient slider in the settings panel. "Percentage of people attracted to you that are male" → 100%, "Average size of NPC penises" → 8. Problem solved.
Aren't you smart? No, the problem of a broken straight male route is not solved by turning gay. The game's mechanics still remain feminine/receptive. The mere fact that penile penetration in this game is considered an act of submission should be clear enough for anyone with a penis that this is not how it works in real life, you know. Yes, one may argue that this is a 'weird' game after all, with tentacles sprouting out of bath holes and whales devouring whole people, but the problem still persists for those players who are looking for a straight, non-gay, non-sissified, assertive way to persevere in the DoL world. Apart from refraining from sex and choosing to become a criminal, a waiter or a florist (hm?) there isn't a lot of options for playing the game as a straight boy. And this is because the game was not conceived and developed with a straight boy orphan in mind, let's be real about it. And this is why a lot of players who want to play the game this way get frustrated. The game works best if your paper-doll orphan is a female. It works fine if your paper-doll is a cute trap sissy boy. It works ok if your paper-doll is a gay bottom. It starts to crack when your paper-doll is a straight submissive type and just doesn't work if he is a straight boy who wants to chase skirts.

madchef

Jan 10, 2020
It's not about femininity, it's about you being the bottom bitch regardless of gender.
Last time I checked the dictionary, 'bitch' meant a FEMALE canid. Do you wish to review your statement?

What you just did was to re-emphasise my earlier statement that the game lacks a virile route.

Fantasies aside, pursue and attack with a moist pussy is not how women dominate men. They operate in much subtler ways, mostly in non-sexual circumstances, believe me, my guy. :) There are plenty of lewd games around here featuring FemDoms and they handle the theme in much less clumsy manner.

Kinky_One

Jan 16, 2018
Fantasies aside
This is a game where you become an angel by not having sex or a dogboy/girl by fucking dogs (oh, sorry, "people in dog costumes"). There are also slimes, tentacles, cats the size of tigers, and the city itself has more rapists by square meter than it has habitants. So no, i don't think you can put fantasies "aside".

The game is about being submissive. You don't see people going to those harem games where a male gets, like, 20 females to fuck, and ask the developer to have more submissive content. So why the hell people do that here?! This is NOT a game where you are virile. This is a game where, if you play as a boy and set most NPCs to women, you will be attacked, pin down and fucked. And those that don't want there alreadly have a fuck ton of other games to try.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Male specific? You saying guys can't be submissive?
I don't know the subject, but if this is really close to the gist of what they're trying to say? Then uh. I GUESS I don't fucking exist because it's impossible or some shit. I don't want to see THIS ever suggested again, like, I really can't deal.

The game is about being submissive. You don't see people going to those harem games where a male gets, like, 20 females to fuck, and ask the developer to have more submissive content. So why the hell people do that here?! This is NOT a game where you are virile. This is a game where, if you play as a boy and set most NPCs to women, you will be attacked, pin down and fucked. And those that don't want there alreadly have a fuck ton of other games to try.
THIS TOO since it popped up while I was typing, I'm REALLY tired of this, go find another damn game. It's taking A LOT in me to not go off on a tangent that is HIGHLY unnecessary right now.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
This is a game where you become an angel by not having sex or a dogboy/girl by fucking dogs (oh, sorry, "people in dog costumes"). There are also slimes, tentacles, cats the size of tigers, and the city itself has more rapists by square meter than it has habitants. So no, i don't think you can put fantasies "aside".

TBH It's just peeps wanting THIS game to have that content because A) this game is just that good and B) they want it to be MORE in line with what they like. It's no diffrent to asking to put pregnancy or futa content in or anyother for that matter. And because this is a single player experiance and a "sandbox" the more content that "i"(the collective) want is put in, the better. And because of all the check boxes and sliders the game has, you can tailor the game to how YOU want to play it, just like i can. Do you play with every thing turned on? Because i do. Everyone has their settings they like so why not add another feature that someone else might like especially if you can just "turn it off" or just not select it. As long as it is added in an organic way that "fits" i personnaly don't see the problem. I wouldn't want it "slapped on" but Vrel has been shown to add things "smartly" so i think that he wouldn't add it unless he was happy about it's inclusion anyway. If we get it we get it and if we don't we don't. Right now you're being a "purist" for no real reason that i can see.
Is this game about being a millionaire? because that can happen. How about being the best cyber criminal and locking up your abusers because that can also happen. "The game is about being submissive" to YOU. To me it's about overcoming adversity in it's many forms(mostly rape) and dealing with the fallout(stress and trauma).

Last edited:

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Games don't work like that, you can't have everything within a single game. Just like you can't have a movie that is an action comedy thriller horror romance movie. No amount of sliders or options to turn things on and off is going to fix that.

You can't just keep adding more parts in, because the choice isn't between 'support a dominant playstyle' and nothing, it's a choice between 'support a dominant playstyle' and 'expand the submissive playstyle' and there are already a huge number of people who play this game for the submissive one, so people who come in and beg for dominant actions are effectively arguing against the existing playerbase.

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
Games don't work like that, you can't have everything within a single game. Just like you can't have a movie that is an action comedy thriller horror romance movie. No amount of sliders or options to turn things on and off is going to fix that.

You can't just keep adding more parts in, because the choice isn't between 'support a dominant playstyle' and nothing, it's a choice between 'support a dominant playstyle' and 'expand the submissive playstyle' and there are already a huge number of people who play this game for the submissive one, so people who come in and beg for dominant actions are effectively arguing against the existing playerbase.
Why not? And don't conflate games and movies unless the "game" is made by David Cage or Naughty Dog. The beauty of the RPG Sandbox stlye is that it does/can offer something for anyone unlike a movie or "storied" style that has one flowthrough narrative and ONE(or 2) style of play. This game has one objective: pay or avoid paying Bailey by whatever(style of play) way you want. That's it. Everything else are threads that players can play HOWEVER they want to play it. Sick of getting raped in the city? Go live with the Wolves and become their leader. Do i have to do this in a meek, take it on my back kind of play style? Fuck no, i bite and kick every plant and animal who gets in my way. But you would say "i'm playing it wrong" because i'm using a dominant playstyle the apparent anthisis of this game.
"You can't just keep adding more parts in" Have you seen how much stuff gets added in each update? Vrel does nothing but add more in with each update. Whether it be fleashing out older spots(Masion) or new ways to make money(selling flowers) neither add to this "expand the submissive playstyle" BTW.
"so people who come in and beg for dominant actions are effectively arguing against the existing playerbase" No. They are arguing with the "submissive" playerbase. And the "furry" playerbase and the "preggo" playerbase. And anyone else who wants realestate in this games fetishes and vice versa.

Last edited:

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
Biting and kicking every animal you come across isn't dominant, because the animals are still trying to fuck you. You are resisting, but you are still not the dominant party.

A dominant playstyle would be you walking out into the street and finding women who you want to bone down with and then taking actions to make that happen. Right now the game has you playing a number of ways to be the submissive party and no ways to be the dominant party outside of a few specific instances like romancing Robin or specific encounters. That is a nice balance that gives the core of the game a very focused appeal while still allowing you space to explore that focus.

When people come in and start spouting bullshit about how the game is 'feminine' and 'receptive' or stupid sexist shit like that all they are saying is that they want the game to be fundamentally different because the current game doesn't appeal to them. They feel left out because the game has a good developer who puts alot of effort into making a game that doesn't suit their interests, so instead of leaving to find another game that better suits them they bitch on here. It is seriously the most common complaint by a landslide.

You can add options into a game, you can expand it's systems to include more content within the sort of experience you want to explore. But asking for this game to be a sandbox where you got walk around being the dominant sexual partner who makes the decisions about who they sleep with is just as pointless as asking for this game to feature space travel.

There are a hundred games that do that for every one game like this, and I'm tired of reading about people who want this game to change to something completely different every page.

It's not the same as people who want more tentacle content, because those people just want more options within the existing gamespace, not for an entirely different gamespace to be created for them.

KekKoo

Apr 4, 2018
Biting and kicking every animal you come across isn't dominant, because the animals are still trying to fuck you. You are resisting, but you are still not the dominant party.

A dominant playstyle would be you walking out into the street and finding women who you want to bone down with and then taking actions to make that happen. Right now the game has you playing a number of ways to be the submissive party and no ways to be the dominant party outside of a few specific instances like romancing Robin or specific encounters. That is a nice balance that gives the core of the game a very focused appeal while still allowing you space to explore that focus.
SCREAM this shit louder for the people in the back. I don't get how just barely ANYTHING in this game is considered dominant right now. I'm ALL for satisfying as many people as possible, but within the realm of reason. This dominant discussion that KEEPS coming back up, it's been ran VERY long and VERY far, and the discussion is TIRED.

I would LOVE for there to be some sort of disclaimer in the OP explaining the situation regarding the dominance so that people can stop bringing it up every time. I personally don't care if dominant content is added eventually if that's what Vrelnir decides they want to do? However I DO admit... to a MAYBE selfish part of me being pissed regardless because it's not like almost every other game out there with the OBVIOUS few exceptions that I'm SURE someone can come up with doesn't ALREADY have you constantly doing that anyways. This is said, but it's said so less frequently that I don't think it's being considered clearly enough sometimes.

Last edited:

Midge

Nov 21, 2019
1)Biting and kicking every animal you come across isn't dominant, because the animals are still trying to fuck you. You are resisting, but you are still not the dominant party.

2)A dominant playstyle would be you walking out into the street and finding women who you want to bone down with and then taking actions to make that happen. Right now the game has you playing a number of ways to be the submissive party and no ways to be the dominant party outside of a few specific instances like romancing Robin or specific encounters. That is a nice balance that gives the core of the game a very focused appeal while still allowing you space to explore that focus.

3)When people come in and start spouting bullshit about how the game is 'feminine' and 'receptive' or stupid sexist shit like that all they are saying is that they want the game to be fundamentally different because the current game doesn't appeal to them. They feel left out because the game has a good developer who puts alot of effort into making a game that doesn't suit their interests, so instead of leaving to find another game that better suits them they bitch on here. It is seriously the most common complaint by a landslide.

4)You can add options into a game, you can expand it's systems to include more content within the sort of experience you want to explore. But asking for this game to be a sandbox where you got walk around being the dominant sexual partner who makes the decisions about who they sleep with is just as pointless as asking for this game to feature space travel.

5)There are a hundred games that do that for every one game like this, and I'm tired of reading about people who want this game to change to something completely different every page.

6)It's not the same as people who want more tentacle content, because those people just want more options within the existing gamespace, not for an entirely different gamespace to be created for them.
I'm a number and respond.
1)Fair point. How about robbing people blind? i go into their houses(my choice) and take all of the stuff(victimising them).
2)You can also seduce peeps. Pick them up at the pub for sex, charge them for money, only to "get them off or call it quits(being a "power bottom" as it were) it's not ALL submissive/subdominate stuff, alot is also "netural" or initiated or consented by the PC. The agressive rape stuff only stands out more but the rest is there.
3)They probably do both. I follow a great many games and am always on the look out for more. It's probably more that this is an ACTIVE(still being worked on) game and Vrel is perceptive to add things players ask for if it suits him. It's not an uncommon occurance for peeps to ask for stuff in a game. You just shouldn't lose your shit when they do.
4)It IS a sandbox game. And why not space travel? We can already go to the Tenticale plains. A place outside this world with rapey tenticales as far as the eye can see(all 8x8 squares of it).
5)Ok so stop reading this thread. You might be less tired that way. And those hundreds are not THIS game. These many playstyles can exisit in the one game, you just have to believe(and Vrel[or others] have to programme it).
6)What about the people who want futa or pregnancy added? are you just going to tell them "too bad, we can only add to what is already in the game. Sorry not sorry.". Alot of new things get added all the time and as you said there are afew spots of "dominance" in the game already. They are just asking for more options.
This is fun. I'm having fun BTW ;)

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: sparrow_rose
4.50 star(s) 185 Votes