Amhran

Mar 22, 2022
Is Chylli from here the one stirring up shit, or was it someone else and Chylli has just hijacked development? Is Chylli supported by the community? Like, what's the deal? I don't think I'd really mind if the original developer of World Expansion is some fuckhead that decided to take their shit and go home but the community decided to band behind someone else instead (it's all both specific and derivative to DoL anyways, and WE's development presumably involved multiple people working on it in the first place?), but if this Chylli is the problem to begin with...well, that might be a different story.

AveryFlare

Apr 10, 2022
Haven't played this game in a long time. You play it for so long, it gets to a point where you're not reading anything anymore, just clicking buttons almost mindlessly. Its kinda the same during combat as well. Sometimes the text just gets too long that its not even worth reading. I wonder what all of you think about it as well.

VikingPil0t

Mar 23, 2022
Is Chylli from here the one stirring up shit, or was it someone else and Chylli has just hijacked development? Is Chylli supported by the community? Like, what's the deal? I don't think I'd really mind if the original developer of World Expansion is some fuckhead that decided to take their shit and go home but the community decided to band behind someone else instead (it's all both specific and derivative to DoL anyways, and WE's development presumably involved multiple people working on it in the first place?), but if this Chylli is the problem to begin with...well, that might be a different story.
Chylli is still the WE owner. Like someone said previously, she closed her repo about 6 weeks ago, the Admins from DoL Modding Discord asked her to open it, she refused. They tried to compromise and only allow Vrel and another base Dev and 2 admins from DoL Modding Discord access to the repo, she again refused. So it was removed from the Discord and she has now setup a page here to distribute it.
Not trying to stir more up, just putting what happened out there so there's not ongoing speculation and rumors for the next week.

whitecode

Nov 1, 2017
Chylli is still the WE owner. Like someone said previously, she closed her repo about 6 weeks ago, the Admins from DoL Modding Discord asked her to open it, she refused. They tried to compromise and only allow Vrel and another base Dev and 2 admins from DoL Modding Discord access to the repo, she again refused. So it was removed from the Discord and she has now setup a page here to distribute it.
Not trying to stir more up, just putting what happened out there so there's not ongoing speculation and rumors for the next week.
Why she closed it in the first place though?

Was she the one who stirred up the whole anti-Chinese community thing to begin with?

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
I think the best thing about strip club bartending is the "listen" option until you get the smuggler event, which will give you 2k (I think) when you steal it. Plus the tips you make along the way, which you can max out if you wear clothing with the tipping trait.
Ah, that would explain things. I was looking at the bartending job and it barely paying more than knocking on random doors and wondered why people were saying it was a good source of money.

So basically, bartending is at its best when you're trying to do something other than bartending :D

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
I never cared much about mods. The game evolves so fast, they are usually already stale when I found them.
And given the choice between old DoL with mod or fresh vanilla DoL, vanilla always wins.
Now there is one(?) person with a closed repo against a public repo with dozens of contributors and daily activity.
Good luck with that. I would rather say: He's dead Jim.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
I think the best thing about strip club bartending is the "listen" option until you get the smuggler event, which will give you 2k (I think) when you steal it. Plus the tips you make along the way, which you can max out if you wear clothing with the tipping trait.
Btw, the "listen" option also increases awareness until 3, I think? So that can be used as an easy awareness stat grind w/o any stress, eldritch or any sexual shenanigans.

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
Actually you can apologise, stroke them and spam "next" until end of the encounter to make bailey cum if you wanna go completely cheesy on payments
Does this still work?
I'm not entirely sure if I tried, but I assumed this counts as "avoiding payment" and results in "make Robin pay".

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Does this still work?
I'm not entirely sure if I tried, but I assumed this counts as "avoiding payment" and results in "make Robin pay".
They do but funnily enough, they (Bailey's thugs) still hurt you with sex toys as an anti-cheese of sorts so it's still a race against time.

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
Does this still work?
It is avoiding payment, it was suggested under implication of not dealing with robin

ladguru

Oct 18, 2018
They do but funnily enough, they (Bailey's thugs) still hurt you with sex toys as an anti-cheese of sorts so it's still a race against time.
Hmm, okay, will try next Tuesday.
Since the usual "no farthing for Bailey" was no longer an option I preferred to take the punishment. Then I presented my "Get Out of Jail Free card" and went home.
Funny thing is, devs expected this! There are a few scenes were you meet a seriously annoyed Bailey who thought you were gone for a couple of weeks.

quadangle

Apr 10, 2022
how much money can you make from breaking into places at night? enough to pay rent or is it not worth doing?

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
how much money can you make from breaking into places at night? enough to pay rent or is it not worth doing?
Depends on where you're breaking into.
If it's the rich folks houses then yes, the ships from the docks? yes, the smugglers at night? yes, Compound warehouse? for spray only, yes.

Can you imagine if we can stockpile sprays we haven't used and sell them to Landry? That'd be easy bank.

Flooper

Jan 8, 2018
Hey everyone, thanks for all the helpful tips so far. I come at you with 2 more questions today!

1. Can I lower my sensitivity? As a fan of denial, having a whole bunch of orgasms in every encounter is losing it's appeal very fast...

2. Is there any details around the watersports mod? I really like watersports content, and it would be nice to know a bit more about what that one includes.

4.50 star(s) 193 Votes