Nov 24, 2017
Name doesn't ring any bells. Do you happen to have links to the actual games' pages?
Here's a link to his last finished game here on this forum. He's started another one which I haven't checked out yet.

[Unity] - [Completed] News Desk [v1.0] [Pyorgara] | F95zone

That has a link to his Patreon as well as some of his other games. I particularly like his games for the excellent writing. The writing is so well done that it's often far more erotic than the images or animations we get in most of the other games you can find here or on Patreon.

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
I'm pretty determined to finish this game, to a phase when I'm happy with the overall game. And continue development as long as I get supported. Still, its not status of quality that game is "finished" since art piece can be never finished, only abandoned

Also except voice acting I'm able to do almost anything myself, so I don't plan anything I wouldn't be able to implement

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Art can be finished; you just need to have a specific vision and not allow unnecessary feature creep to get involved. Easier said than done, I know.

Jimmeh

Jun 20, 2017
Not a good statement, if it's Art for you you wouldn't have said that, true Artist never makes his dreams dependent on others ;)
And if it's not your Dream but just some Work as usual what is it worth then to yourself ?
What, in the, god damn.

How did you get that conclusion?

Shades

Jul 20, 2017
Not a good statement, if it's Art for you you wouldn't have said that, true Artist never makes his dreams dependent on others ;)
And if it's not your Dream but just some Work as usual what is it worth then to yourself ?
Not a good statement. That's some poor fallacy there.

Artists do their art because they love it. However, they CAN'T keep doing their art if it's unsustainable.

I'd be more concerned about a project like this being handled by one person over a team based on what I've seen with other solo projects failing. However, that doesn't mean it's impossible. There's pros and cons to either.

I'm just excited to see where this goes.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Well the major issue is, what happens to the project if something bad happens to the developer? Like the developer of True Facials just vanished. His game seemed to be financially sustainable, but then they just stopped posting for over a year now.

A true artist finds a way to keep their art sustainable, even in times of hardship. Like Bob Ross stopped paying for haircuts, and had his hair permed, to make ends meet. Yes, his iconic hairstyle was born out of a need for saving money.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
Anyone should know by now there is never any guarantee for whatever you support on Patreon that it will ever get to the state it gets promised and a creator who promises anything is just to be seen carefully inside of your expectations.

Patreon is Gambling on trust in full project development.

Last edited:

Atomsphere

May 22, 2019
A true artist will always make art with their butt cheeks. If your artist that's nominated for true art didn't, clearly he wasn't truly a true artist.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
If you only being a Artist for monetary gains you do something wrong yeah and this starts with learning Art and make it your Job and only seeing it as such working towards to become a System Artist or what some call these days "Professional Artist" which in itself is a bullshit naming convention ;)

Atomsphere

May 22, 2019
If you only being a Artist for monetary gains you do something wrong yeah and this starts with learning Art and make it your Job working towards to become a System Artist ;)
Humans just aren't this simple. At best, someone might have a single rationalization for something.

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
Looks like I really need to find those true artists then, ones that do it for free, at the end of the month give them exposure and tell them to buy coffee with it or pay rent :D
(srsly, I would never ask anyone to do art for free, and exploiting students to do free art/unpaid internship is disgusting)

amk12345

Sep 28, 2018
for any ideas and suggestions (gameplay mechanics, graphics related) I have multiple suggestions/feedback channels on discord, so supporters can give me ideas, to change the game a bit according to their expectations. I do read feedback here, however, to have it actual weight on development, post it into discord suggestions channel, where I respond more often.
I cant find a link to your discord do you only give it to the patreons ?
If not can you post a link ?

Kintaroe

Apr 5, 2019
Looks like I really need to find those true artists then, ones that do it for free, at the end of the month give them exposure and tell them to buy coffee with it or pay rent :D
(srsly, I would never ask anyone to do art for free, and exploiting students to do free art/unpaid internship is disgusting)
My man, do yourself a favor and put some of these clowns in this thread on ignore. You do you man, gl

Zeddy

Jul 27, 2017
Having healthy skepticism is one thing. Claiming someone isn't a "true artist" is a bit ridiculous. Even the bad projects on this site take a modicum of creativity to throw together. I don't like the idea of gatekeeping art in any capacity. We can still be skeptical of the intent of the art though, if it's just for profit etc. I'm sure that's why a lot of us are here in the first place, because of trust issues... and financial issues. :HideThePain:

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes