Feb 27, 2018
Slight correction for benefit of the doubt that quoted person might not be from a "normal" 1st world country. There are some backwater countries.. like Mexico that pretty much practice guilty till proven innocent still.
If you had actually read my post which he was replying to you'd realize that what I said was that if something is illegal except under certain circumstances, that activity is illegal until it's proven legal. While the courts in the united states presume innocence of a crime, if there is an exception in a law where an activity which is normally illegal is made legal under certain circumstances, then the burden of proof to prove that the person did the act is upon the accuser, but the person defending themself under an exception to a law has to prove they were covered by it. This makes it so that no matter how broad the exception is, in those cases it is essentially guilty until proven innocent. I was not saying that is the normal rule the courts in the United States operate under, and certainly not saying that is how they should operate, I was highlighting the weird insanity of certain parts of American law.

think of it like with sets in math, normally the proof must be constructed that your actions fit within a set of actions defined by the law as illegal, and any law with exceptions still requires a proof for that, but then to defend yourself instead of just showing their proof to be invalid, you have to construct another proof that your actions were within a subset of the illegal set that is allowed.

Last edited:

YoshiEnVerde

Dec 21, 2020
Slight correction for benefit of the doubt that quoted person might not be from a "normal" 1st world country. There are some backwater countries.. like Mexico that pretty much practice guilty till proven innocent still.
Oh, I won't deny that. I'm from one of those countries after all ;)

meowsasuke

Dec 27, 2017
seems like the whole shooting thing is basically a marketplace asset. Solid animations tho. Third person camera sucks. you should probably get a third person controller from marketplace and toggle the components on and off. If you want to make you own controller then heres how i usually do it. Currently you are just moving player in the direction on input rel to camera. Never do this always apply velocity in players forward vector using physics then rotate player around its up axis. you also need to rotate the velocity vector to compensate for non flat ground. this is pretty simple just take cross product of input and ground normal. To detect 180 turns get dot product of player forward compensated for ground normal and input. make sure you do this in fixed time step loop

Reactions: CaptEcchi

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
seems like the whole shooting thing is basically a marketplace asset. Solid animations tho. Third person camera sucks. you should probably get a third person controller from marketplace and toggle the components on and off. If you want to make you own controller then heres how i usually do it. Currently you are just moving player in the direction on input rel to camera. Never do this always apply velocity in players forward vector using physics then rotate player around its up axis. you also need to rotate the velocity vector to compensate for non flat ground. this is pretty simple just take cross product of input and ground normal. To detect 180 turns get dot product of player forward compensated for ground normal and input. make sure you do this in fixed time step loop
Programming wise, everything is custom made, no market place assets. I only used 3d scans for closeup buildings and megascans as third party assets.

Miliana

Sep 22, 2020
Programming wise, everything is custom made, no market place assets. I only used 3d scans for closeup buildings and megascans as third party assets.
Great project! Just curious did you use blueprints or c++? Are characters custom made or created with daz, metahuman or something similar? In any case, your success is a great inspiration. Wish you good luck in the

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
Great project! Just curious did you use blueprints or c++? Are characters custom made or created with daz, metahuman or something similar? In any case, your success is a great inspiration. Wish you good luck in the
I gutted some data from various sources, including metahuman, Daz, and others indeed. Usually, when I have some assets, I just rip them apart, get some good pieces or something that's not worth doing from scratch and throw away the rest. It's better to have good asset consistency to the game rather than just slap random assets together.
and I use purely blueprints, those are way faster to use and iterate compared to C++ which is better if the project already has dedicated programmers that modify the engine and rendering pipeline...

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Blueprints have some positives, yes. But dedicated programmers will prefer C++ as it offers more control, stability, and efficiency. Most major projects in UE4 use C++, but often will use blueprints for specific purposes. Example: Conan Exiles does the majority of its code in C++ but makes its moddable data available to blueprints, with examples on how to do stuff with their data and blueprints.

But, you aren't reading these, so preaching to the rest of you guys :p

• Thinking Face
Reactions: *POP!*

*POP!*

Nov 22, 2019
Most major projects in UE4 use C++...
The biggest advantage of Unreal is not the light engine, quixel, niagara, nanite or metahuman, but the accessability for newcomers and small developement teams.

But, you aren't reading these, so preaching to the rest of you guys :p
Preaching???
I am pretty certain he knows all that already ...
Also yes he does. As you probably know because he just responded to other comments.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Maybe blueprints are better than I remember them now, years later. When I tried to develop in UE4 back in 2016, blueprint development was a nightmare.

Actually, the dev responded to other posters. They haven't responded to any of mine directly, which leads me to believe they are blocking my posts. It happens.

Mar 19, 2021
The game is developing and it pleases. The game already has masturbation and tentacles. If there is normal sex in the game, then the developer can be supported for further creativity.

Reactions: Artix0
3.80 star(s) 53 Votes