DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
I will probably do a similar thing as you mentioned with the system Corta uses, probably, but maybe bit less often, Patrons want me to release free build here every 3 months. They know its going to get pirated eventually, but they don't want everyone to play what they paid for immediately.
<--- Devolution = July 23rd, 2021 [Page 12 of this Discussion]. (Corta if curious would release the full build 2 weeks after their patrons would get it)

Release 3 came out in August. Its now been 6 months, since a release, though they "promised" to do one every 3 months at the maximum. They never bothered to give out Release 4, and they "might" give us Release 5 and Release 6 came out a few weeks ago. Again, actions speak louder than words.

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021
Maybe the Dev saw that the development of the game is slower than expected (I mean he has been one manning the project up till now, making nearly every asset from scratch) and decided to not release a tiny update every month with next to no changes or stuff that is only half finished/ bugy as all hell. Thats just not the type of guy he is.
He also decided to change the update frequency to at least 2 months to give himself time and not rush things.
And dont forget, the game is still in a pre-Alpha state, the Dev is still creating all those assets and systems, puting them on a tiny map to "test" them. If he where to upload every tiny change, people would start to think that the game would just be a tiny sandbox to jerk it to with a development that is going very slow while having bugs on every corner, loosing intrest in what the final product is supposed to be since they already saw all the sex stuff and dont want to wait to see what it actually was supposed to be like.

Again, if you dont agree with how Devolution handels his product, then you dont need to suport his efforts/ the game. But dont go making demants for stuff you are not invested in.
Yes he said that he "will probably do a similar thing" [as Corta, who is working on a diffrent types of games entirely] and the "Patrons want me to release (a) free build here every 3 months" but that is no promise by anyone in my eyes seeing how he did not say 'I will/ plan to release a build on this site every 3 months'.
It also has not been 6 months since the release of 03 but barely 4 months, yes over what they said they are thinking about doing but again in my eyes its still inside the expectations you can have for getting something for free. If you want something on time, you pay for it and if you dont, then you wait.

Also dont take everything he wrote in here as gospel, like you said, he wrote that in July but with time things may change and he is not a PR-Guy but a developer, wanting to make a game and not to keep track of all the stuff people might expect from him after a small post.
(please watch "The engoodening of No Man's Sky" by the Internet historian on YT, more or less the same story, just a diffrent scale)

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
Maybe the Dev saw that the development of the game is slower than expected (I mean he has been one manning the project up till now, making nearly every asset from scratch) and decided to not release a tiny update every month with next to no changes or stuff that is only half finished/ bugy as all hell. Thats just not the type of guy he is.
He also decided to change the update frequency to at least 2 months to give himself time and not rush things.
And dont forget, the game is still in a pre-Alpha state, the Dev is still creating all those assets and systems, puting them on a tiny map to "test" them. If he where to upload every tiny change, people would start to think that the game would just be a tiny sandbox to jerk it to with a development that is going very slow while having bugs on every corner, loosing intrest in what the final product is supposed to be since they already saw all the sex stuff and dont want to wait to see what it actually was supposed to be like.

Again, if you dont agree with how Devolution handels his product, then you dont need to suport his efforts/ the game. But dont go making demants for stuff you are not invested in.
Yes he said that he "will probably do a similar thing" [as Corta, who is working on a diffrent types of games entirely] and the "Patrons want me to release (a) free build here every 3 months" but that is no promise by anyone in my eyes seeing how he did not say 'I will/ plan to release a build on this site every 3 months'.
It also has not been 6 months since the release of 03 but barely 4 months, yes over what they said they are thinking about doing but again in my eyes its still inside the expectations you can have for getting something for free. If you want something on time, you pay for it and if you dont, then you wait.

Also dont take everything he wrote in here as gospel, like you said, he wrote that in July but with time things may change and he is not a PR-Guy but a developer, wanting to make a game and not to keep track of all the stuff people might expect from him after a small post.
(please watch "The engoodening of No Man's Sky" by the Internet historian on YT, more or less the same story, just a diffrent scale)

To clarify the release date schedule, it really varies depending on what I work on.

For example adding new assets, map locations etc... can be done on a monthly or even weekly basis, since I don't break anything I already worked on, only add new stuff.

However on the other side, when I rebuild core game systems, work on AI, etc.. that takes longer than month and during time I work on it, game is basically broken as old system is removed and the new one is not yet finished. That is the sole reason why I have to change release schedule, and there is no way around it, no amount of PR can change it. Also, note that normal game development expects games not even be shown to the public for 1-2 years as core systems are being built, even 3-months release schedule is insanity.

That aside, I read every single message and comment on my discord and respond to them, few days ago I mentioned how things are and so far haven't received any negative response or objections. That is good since I don't have to waste resources on pointless builds and the ones I make are more polished.

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
@ dev
overall damn pretty job, just please make the tentacle escape easier (count up to 5 would be ok), it sucks to be raped litterally 20 times in 20 meters
Expect difficulty to be completely overhauled as the game development progresses. Atm release 06 has in-game tutorials, cheats for infinite money and ammo and option to set game to easy mode.

• Red Heart
Reactions: JhonLui

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
The game is developing and it pleases. The game already has masturbation and tentacles. If there is normal sex in the game, then the developer can be supported for further creativity.
There is already normal human sex, and next release will have forced anal sex with human overall I want sex scenes to be 50/50 emphasis with humans or tentacle monsters

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
Merry x-mas, as promised free release 05 as a present!

I'm not on my pc at the moment but I have link for g-drive, can anyone upload it to mega or any other site supported by this site? gdrive link wouldn't handle traffic after few hours unfortunately

Once somebody uploads it I will update main post

for a limited time here is g-drive link for ones who waited for this:

Password: 05playfree

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
60 FPS @ 4K stable seems to be a good reachable goal so far with Nvidia DLSS sure more is possible

You doing very good on the Texture optimization side of things ;)

You use Unreal here how it's supposed to be used :)

There are some Standard Streaming issues (latency) changing for example from 3rd to 1st but it can't adapt fast enough not your fault at all.

Though still the question how some extreme complex Action Stuff would work out extreme Cutscenes within your current quality complexity

Though i also see you keep it very low complexity even @ Ultra in the overall Light Shading Interaction on the Character side.

Looks a bit outdated for example compared to Fallen Doll Operation Lovecraft or Wild-Life which both go much more Advanced Paths here inside of Unreals 4 default shading possibility space.

But of course hardly can keep up with your Performance yet adding this render complexity.

There are some interesting spikes happening from time to time i think they come from the blueprint simulation part (wouldn't be a big surprise)
Blueprint is Cancer for extreme time critical Complexity tasks

Low Shading Light Model Complexity (oldshool) and Dialog Logic

blueprintspikes.jpg
lowshadingcomplexity.jpg
letsgetonit.jpg minigamefuck.jpg
fuckquest.jpg

Nice work on the personality side of things as well coupling it with the Dialogs gives a nice insight of who we have in front of us :)

A quest minigame to get fucked that's something fresh :D

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh man her pussy is just so awesome by Design (it's even so believable it suggest that Vagina holds up Anatomical Medical Standards) :D

How much care went into Designing it is just WOW look at that labia minora.

What blows my mind 1 time after the other are the Niagara VFX Results this is crazy, also perfectly executed.

Tonemapping and light balance is sometimes shifting way to low luminance range (dark,to much contrast).

Chromatic Aberration needs to be destroyed entirely it should never come back it needs to be eradicated from the entire codebase once and for all.

Overall this whole Visual to Performance Balance is awesome (in most cases).

Im going to try to reconfigure the Post Process Logic i hate it's tuning and adaption in the case of it, it destroys so much of this awesome complete Visual Experience and Design Language.

Though improving it to much will make certain illusions to fall apart heavier.

Last edited:

exter

May 29, 2017
Does anyone have a changelog for the 05 version? Whats different to the one that was posted before christmas?

breathe

Nov 4, 2020
Does anyone have a changelog for the 05 version? Whats different to the one that was posted before christmas?
Delta Zone release 05
build: 211001

- male human character
- dialogue system
- sex animations with male human
- options menu overhaul
- ui changes
- belly expansion, eggs, tentacles in belly system
- walking through vegetation speed and sound effects
- world interaction system (now implemented only as being able to talk to enemy)
- Ivy portrait in fps mode changes and settings

Reactions: Artix0 and exter
3.80 star(s) 53 Votes