D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
since we in Russia are deprived of supporting the developer for the time being, a huge request is to throw a link to me in private messages to the current 10.2 version, which is about to be released. I will definitely not distribute it anywhere here on public sites, but I will share it with my friends in Kaliningrad who supported Henry (Devolution) until the dark times came, and we will continue to support as soon as the sanctions are lifted

For people who can't or don't want to support, there will be delayed versions posted by me as soon as new version comes out for supporters. However only supporters can get the latest version, it wouldn't be fair to them otherwise

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
Also I have delays because of optimization, I added bunch of new models with textures, and they eat up gpu memory like crazy, getting to the limit, I deal with it by manually reducing textures size, using Virtual texturing, which has a negative effect on performance (30-40% worse fps)
I simply don't want to leave these issues for my future self when it will be even harder to fix
Hang tight

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
Although you aren't a Unity dev, I recommend having a look at the checklist at the bottom of this page if you haven't already:

Things like occlusion culling can make a significant difference if not already implemented, but I have no idea what is going on behind the scenes in your game.
that is like really basic stuff, what I do is way way more indepth

bantuatha

Aug 19, 2020
I fear the MEGA download will reach over 5 GB for Version 08 by meaning we might need a google drive download or GoFile website

D-E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N

Game Developer
Sep 28, 2020
I fear the MEGA download will reach over 5 GB for Version 08 by meaning we might need a google drive download or GoFile website
I just might put it out on its own mediafire link and if some moderator want to update links they can, before I want to update pictures on main post to show latest graphics etc... so when game is in recent updates it looks good

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021
Wow, I guess you're not allowed to leave a negative review here cause it's considered trolling. Nice one, mods! Where did you learn your craft? German KLs?
I think its more along the line of removing comments that are misleading or completely wrong to beginn with.
I mean the amount of people crying about a "Paywall", even though they just have to wait a few months to get the Release for free and even then they fail to notice the Yellow text saying "Uncensor Password:" in the first post over the bloody Download links, that decide to go in here to start whining about it is just dumb.

Also great work comparing the death of millions of innocent People to someone not wanting to look at your BS anymore. Clearly the next Tomasz Serafinski right here.:cautious:

CarlosSaltana

Jul 4, 2022
Game looks good to me so far, is there an estimation of how long it will take to finish it? I always discover promising games way early in development and am literally left blue balled.

I hope body modifications will include piercings at some point, also would like third person view shooting. Almost didn't give this a shot until I read you can switch into third person, if only to view the character.

Reactions: Fifth

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
that is like really basic stuff, what I do is way way more indepth
So you are saying that you are using Mip Maps, Optimizing Vertex Counts, Keeping Realtime Shadows+Lighting to a minimum, Using as few Particle Generators as possible, Level of Details (LOD), Using ideal Texture Map sizes (usually anything greater than 2k is too much detail, unless its a situation where it warrants it), using complex mathematics as little as possible (logarithms, calculus, sin/cos/tan, etc...), careful with physics calls for objects that don't need it and keeping scene polygons less than 5 million total at any period of time.

Because that is the basic stuff.

More complicated stuff, is rewriting the rendering/physics code, so that it utilizes high-school style physics, instead of calculus-driven physics. Or converting meshes to sprites at runtime (that is a thing). Or a dynamic pathfinding system that doesn't rely on Navmeshes.

FaerDear

Feb 9, 2019
Game looks good to me so far, is there an estimation of how long it will take to finish it? I always discover promising games way early in development and am literally left blue balled.

I hope body modifications will include piercings at some point, also would like third person view shooting. Almost didn't give this a shot until I read you can switch into third person, if only to view the character.
the game is FPS, and will stay FPS afaik. I hope dev removes an option to go third person in raids by using a command button altogether, since it's easily abusable. The only third person I agree with is dialogs, civil locations (forces you out of first person maybe) and of course adult stuff.

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes