Skel Dev

Aug 13, 2021
Me too.. I think... But it just because the game is not optimised
it works fine when you put the game in a secondary ssd that u dont use for programme files. Only reason that works is bc it uses 100% of the second ssd instead of ur main one lol.
Still kinda surprised me that the game was able to use 100% of my main ssd that has a speed of 3,500 mbp/s lol, clearly some sorta bug or maybe its just highly demanding, most apps barely even use any of it, downloading games and full antivirus scans use on average 5% of it so idk how the game uses 100%

Reactions: DeynanDescafeinado

SylvanaHellsing

Mar 22, 2019
game is insanely optimized, I squeezed every last fps out of it, atm there is not much room for optimisation anymore except degrading visual quality
Strange, very strange, because, I can run all the big AAA in ultra (like cyberpunk with RTX on) and my computer fan go crazy
But for the fps, yeah, I got the maximum with your game

jokuur

May 23, 2019
hey guys why news about this game needs to be paid for? cant they just say for free how much better payed version is to attract more supporters? it seems to me they are not so proud of the news if they dont want to publicly say how much scenes it has more than the demo
how much sex scenes does it have and with what creatures anyway?

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
hey guys why news about this game needs to be paid for? cant they just say for free how much better payed version is to attract more supporters? it seems to me they are not so proud of the news if they dont want to publicly say how much scenes it has more than the demo
how much sex scenes does it have and with what creatures anyway?
one possible explanation is that pateron REQUIRES any nsfw content to be locked afaik

jokuur

May 23, 2019
one possible explanation is that pateron REQUIRES any nsfw content to be locked afaik
they dont have to show it they can write whats in there for free like: payed version has 5 more animations, 2 with humans, 1 with swamp creature and 2 with zombies

Nemo56

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2018
Strange, very strange, because, I can run all the big AAA in ultra (like cyberpunk with RTX on) and my computer fan go crazy
But for the fps, yeah, I got the maximum with your game
Don't forget the driver 'bug' when it comes to fps limitations.
Game that don't require the best hardware can run at very high fps (I had a game from 2002 run at 3900 fps), but really overheat your graphic card. I am not sure which component on the card causes this, but the solution is to limit the fps in the driver settings.

However ... fps and such things have nothing to do with the disc access that was mentioned above.

Qui Gon

Nov 16, 2018
Is there some sort of walkthrough or anything? I feel like I am just running around with no end goal lol
There is a virtual walkthrough inside the game NEXT to the first traider. You spawn in a safe house/area just after starting the game. Look at on of the walls opposite of the flaf brown loot box & traider (redish glowing vertical box) next to it.
It explains everything in text & VIDEO form. It evem shows the map with the exsits.

Reactions: GabeyPooh

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
game is insanely optimized, I squeezed every last fps out of it, atm there is not much room for optimisation anymore except degrading visual quality
Well typical causes of framerate drops are:

-> Excessive vertex / polygon count. This causes a lot of extra shadow casts and draw calls to be performed. Try to use more skyboxes and flat-textures for distant stuff, rather than meshes.

-> Excessive usage of virtual RAM, such as EMS and XMS. If the HDD or SSD is being accessed at 100% rate, then its a pretty good sign that too much virtual RAM is being used.

-> Unnecessarily large texture files for the objects in an area. 8k textures tend to the largest things would ever need to be, unless you can zoom super far in to see the extra detail... but even still, you should be using mipmaps, so that 8k texture isn't viewed constantly at any draw distance. But most standard environmental details like rocks and grass shouldn't be larger than 1k. Skyrim for example, gets away with 0.25k, 0.5k and some 1.0k textures for most environmental details.

-> Level of Detail, proper use of Draw Distances and Mipmaps can help as well.

-> Optimizing the terrain geometry, will help to reduce pathfinding costs and thus reduce the AI costs. AI also is an expensive process.

-> Avoiding unnecessary physics calls, such as giving every entity a bit of cloth physics, or hair physics. Only give important things physic calls.

-> A profiler would help to tell you where your bottlenecks are. Generally, having more than 10,000 draw calls PER frame, will cause all but the best machines to be brought to their knees. 15,000 or more, and you'll be having even the best machines brought to their knees.

-> Being careful with the usage of specific UE4 special effects. For example, particle generators. Each one can produce millions of particles, but each generator is costly to use. So, if you are using tons of generators, it will obliterate the framerate.

• Wow
Reactions: Nemo56 and Trigard

ProtoBit

Jun 25, 2020
-> Excessive usage of virtual RAM, such as EMS and XMS. If the HDD or SSD is being accessed at 100% rate, then its a pretty good sign that too much virtual RAM is being used.
EMS is Physical RAM from 640k -> 1MB and XMS is RAM from 1MB upwards - it's just a different way of accessing the memory and you only really have to care about it on literal DOS, using the Swapfile too much is an issue, however, EMS and XMS are not virtual RAM

Reactions: Nemo56

RisenKill

Feb 20, 2021
What's in the new release 11.0?
There is no official Changelog 11.0 yet, but some changes are:

- New map "City outskirts": Located in the mountains to the south of a Megacity the Terrain is very hilly, with a big ravine in the middle. There is a Quarry, a Corpo checkpoint and a Bunker that is located in the Emission Zone at the Bottom of the ravine. Long Sight lines, a lot of rocks and way less foliage than on the Test map make bringing a Sniper Rifle a viable option. NOTE: The map is not done at this time, the actual Outskirts are still being worked on.

- Hover Bike: That's right Kids, Papa gave us a new toy to play with. It is only available on the new map and will make it easier (and faster) to get around the new map. Just make sure that you have some medical on hand because, like in reallife, crashing a bike will really fucking hurt.

- Cyberware: the mouse wheel lost its ability to change your walking speed but in exchange for that you get an easy way to select what kind of skills you want to use. Some of them include Slow motion, a Scanner, invisibility and a "Taser".

- No new H-stuff: Devolution is only one man and he handcrafted the new map in only 2 months (something that takes some AAA studios half a Year), so there was not that much time to animate/ model new things. He is trying to get someone to help with the project but, since Devolution is very skilled at what he does, the standard that he sets for potential artists is so high that they are eater really expensive or already working for other projects.

Again, this is not official, its the stuff that just jumps out at you when you read the Development posts on the Supporter Discord.

PoriferaTheSponge

Jan 16, 2018
There is no official Changelog 11.0 yet, but some changes are:

- New map "City outskirts": Located in the mountains to the south of a Megacity the Terrain is very hilly, with a big ravine in the middle. There is a Quarry, a Corpo checkpoint and a Bunker that is located in the Emission Zone at the Bottom of the ravine. Long Sight lines, a lot of rocks and way less foliage than on the Test map make bringing a Sniper Rifle a viable option. NOTE: The map is not done at this time, the actual Outskirts are still being worked on.

- Hover Bike: That's right Kids, Papa gave us a new toy to play with. It is only available on the new map and will make it easier (and faster) to get around the new map. Just make sure that you have some medical on hand because, like in reallife, crashing a bike will really fucking hurt.

- Cyberware: the mouse wheel lost its ability to change your walking speed but in exchange for that you get an easy way to select what kind of skills you want to use. Some of them include Slow motion, a Scanner, invisibility and a "Taser".

- No new H-stuff: Devolution is only one man and he handcrafted the new map in only 2 months (something that takes some AAA studios half a Year), so there was not that much time to animate/ model new things. He is trying to get someone to help with the project but, since Devolution is very skilled at what he does, the standard that he sets for potential artists is so high that they are eater really expensive or already working for other projects.

Again, this is not official, its the stuff that just jumps out at you when you read the Development posts on the Supporter Discord.
I see, thanks! Hoping to support when something big drops.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
That is okay. We know that H-stuff isn't a priority for this project.

As for the AAA comment... you do realize that those maps that takes AAA half a year are: a) massive, b) packed full of details, c) has fully interactable NPCs in it, and d) has full voicelines for those NPCs. So of course their maps will take half a year.

As for hand-crafting maps... there are tools for that, to simplify the process and make it faster to do. You also can speed it up by using pre-fabricated assets in clever ways. For example, most of the towers in Skyrim, are using the same tower prefab, but they've buried portions of it or placed it at an angle so that you think they hand-crafted each tower.

As for the standard required of artists... honestly, he needs to get a noob and get them to do minor projects for them, to get their feet wet and then move on to tougher projects. Wild Life says they hired industry veterans, but its clear from their work, that they are noobs. True Wild Life still churns out better stuff than most, but its cheaper to get a noob and give them small tasks to prove their worth. Its also what Rimworld did, hiring someone in college that showed promise, and it worked out well for them.

But an industry veteran? They'll either charge insane prices (because frankly they know they are worth their price) or other projects have sucked them up. An option that might work is to do "work trading". Find another H-project, offer to do some work for them, in exchange for them doing work for them. ie Seek out Lord-Kvento and help with Lustland.

Mordona

Confused Demoness
Donor
Dec 1, 2017
The person you are addressing is making assumptions based on the details and trying to read between the lines from the dev. He doesn't have high standards, its the people he brings on are being less than serious flakes. He also created this new map in a months time while adding in a new working vehicle system.

Reactions: RisenKill

AnonymousAutist

Aug 20, 2022
Is the dev going to post more versions? The 0.8 has been out for three or four months, so I'm wondering if he's going to give us some more freebies.

3.70 star(s) 56 Votes