Deleted member 1017199

Nov 17, 2018
The duality of this game's brightness.

bright.png
dark.png

I've also not played games like this before and I gotta say its confusing as hell figuring out what to do next. I spent about 10 mins looking for her clothes and checked every box pile before quitting. The fallout style skill check looks interesting but this kind of gameplay really doesn't seem like my cup of tea. And its Unreal so chances are its gonna be too much for my machine too handle some time in the future

Reactions: Fidzius and rev_10

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
pretty sure it warned you twice about it
Yeah, my mistake for not reading carefully too - it actually says you can't get back to the house. Though I noticed something else - you need like 40 int points to unlock the option for noticing the shovel in the first scene. How are you ever going to get that many points so early? What are the console commands for changing stats?

Lilraya

Jul 28, 2018
Couldn't see anything in graveyard; few bugs and texture glitches scattered around; and there's nothing to do while you have the whole map available...

Sounds cool as a concept but as of right now there isn't much to do except wander around and hope you can do something. Even for a demo I'd say there could be some clothing to show off how you could dress up the character which you would later have to buy/get in quests/shops, or explain some interesting things you are planning to make players do, like you would need to turn on lights or use some sort of light source in basement which you can find in a box.

Reactions: rev_10

orensan

May 29, 2017
Couldn't see anything in graveyard; few bugs and texture glitches scattered around; and there's nothing to do while you have the whole map available...

Sounds cool as a concept but as of right now there isn't much to do except wander around and hope you can do something. Even for a demo I'd say there could be some clothing to show off how you could dress up the character which you would later have to buy/get in quests/shops, or explain some interesting things you are planning to make players do, like you would need to turn on lights or use some sort of light source in basement which you can find in a box.
there's 4 things to do within the graveyard area.

1-dig site where you "spawned"
2-one tree has a ripped skirt
3-a rock has a nearly dead phone
4- car waiting outside of the graveyard with a weird guy, which is used to move onto the prologue.

xeivous

Mar 16, 2018
there's 4 things to do within the graveyard area.

1-dig site where you "spawned"
2-one tree has a ripped skirt
3-a rock has a nearly dead phone
4- car waiting outside of the graveyard with a weird guy, which is used to move onto the prologue.
There's a shirt on one of the tombstones. So you can be dressed enough if you like.

Reactions: Polyphem

DoodlesTheBob

Aug 23, 2018
You are using textures and trees for you map (and you managed to make it look way uglier than it was as is by the way). As for "procedural population" part, unreal does that on one click of a button inside procedural foliage spawner volume settings, my dude :WeSmart:
I'm gonna chime in and say it's not that simple on the procedural part. I've used it before. You end up with floating patches of grass on hillsides. Trees only 1/3rd of the way embedded in the dirt. Rocks that look like physics is being violated. There's cleanup work to be done for sure.

Anyway. 1.5 years isn't that bad. Not for a 3D game. If they're trying to make a "serious game" and not a 5 minute jacking off session game, it isn't uncommon for those to spend 5-10 years in production. We all probably grew up with the 5 minutes in and out style games, but as time goes on, we'll probably see more and more attempts at actual game experiences with sex being a major feature. (dragon age on steroids, as an example.)

mattrixatp

Apr 29, 2017
any got gameplay or keymap? i cant open doors
WASD - move
LMB - select options
Esc - Manu
E - interact with objects
Tab - open/close inventory

The keyboard dose not have that many keys. And the interact key (which you uses to open doors) in pretty much every game is near the WASD, e.g. E or F, sometimes Q

Reactions: danuarivera
3.60 star(s) 40 Votes