T. Jin

Apr 3, 2022
Lmao is the release that on 31st? Dev lmao..., did he think that we would fap on new year? Well i can't say 100% for everyone but what I assume is everyone would be busy celebrating with family or someone special...
And well, as for me.... I would be busy banging my gf, If she is up for it.
If not...... Get drunk as hell. Game will be played on 3rd or 4th of january (so can I, assume on 2023?)

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
A burnout? the game is fairly recent...
Happens all the time to first time AVN devs. Many within the first year. They don't realise the workload of game development and how much money & time you need to sink into production to create a good one and keep it going. They start out with a rush of excitement and productivity in the first few months then things slow down at 6-9 month and by 12+ month, poof gone.

so his patreon was/is paused in the last 3-4 months at least then?
if so, yup, it is just a burnout and not a "true milking situation".
if not, well...kudos to those supporting him and all other similar "burned out" devs.
I'm not deranged enough to support him on patreon so I don't know the answer to your first question. I still say there needs to be a longer period of time between communications and also longer game life before milking tag is applicable. That is reserved for the Icstors of the world. I would need to see a few more of the traditional milker excuses such as: cat die, aunt sick, dog ate the hard drive, etc.

I go by Dev's own words and deeds regarding the burn out. He said himself in updates that he need a breather, indicated trouble with direction of the game. The big tell however is the fact that he started experimenting with second game characters as recently as December when he should be working on finishing DB episode. A milker wouldn't work on anything at all and wouldn't continue communication unless to lie. jUst hoping for at least one more episode before...

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I'm genuinely impressed this thread hasn't been purged like another certain thread. However, an important point was made by Kellermann:
They don't realise the workload of game development and how much money & time you need to sink into production to create a good one and keep it going.
A commonality between each of the AVNs with the "completed" tag is adaptability of the dev(s) to modify workflow to complete their product in a reasonable time. Even starting out with a simple goal it's overwhelming just how fast the work piles up, and this is the case for any field of work.

Post Ch 5 release Demon Boy is going on the back burner for me since I highly doubt another update will be released in 2023.

Reactions: Kellermann

GetOutOfMyLab

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I'm genuinely impressed this thread hasn't been purged like another certain thread. However, an important point was made by Kellermann:

A commonality between each of the AVNs with the "completed" tag is adaptability of the dev(s) to modify workflow to complete their product in a reasonable time. Even starting out with a simple goal it's overwhelming just how fast the work piles up, and this is the case for any field of work.

Post Ch 5 release Demon Boy is going on the back burner for me since I highly doubt another update will be released in 2023.
Yep. It's clear that most devs (including experienced), don't have project management experience. They just kind of go with the the flow.

If it were me, I'd break up work into manageable units of time. Say, every 2 weeks, plan to have x amount of work done. Rate each task with a level of effort. Then, over time, use those level of efforts from previous tasks to help determine how much work can be done within a time period.

Another thing, devs need to remember their game is still in development. What you push out doesn't have to be perfect. I know that can be difficult when you have so many people on this site that will totally drag you through the dirt if a release is not to their liking...but, I would not delay a release for...*ahem*...weeks worth of proofreading. Since the game is in development, do your best, give it a review, then push it out and let others catch mistakes and report them. Follow-up with some quick patches after that and move on.

I bet a lot of these devs don't use source control, either. They could totally have a branch that is their main development branch, and then another that is the main branch where they could push small fixes to, while also still being able to work on their current development work.

Ok...that turned out to be a longer post than I intended. Rant over.

thegrindisreal

Dec 19, 2018

Can you pm me what thread do you have on your mind? There's just too many scams on f95 nowadays...

GandalfTheGrey91

May 1, 2022
I've read the last 2 sites on here rn and people still don't doubt what the dev is really doing rn. One example you guys mentioned is, that he's still struggling with workflow and not realising how certain things need time. I disagree hard on this. Over 6 months ago he mentioned how he's gonna release updates - every 2 months with high quality and quantity and the struggle of delays before the release of Ch. 4 won't happen again cuz he worked out how he's going to overcome his flaws in developing demon boy. Then all of a sudden he says he's struggling with creativity and he's burnt out. Solution? Fuck yeah make a new game. If you are burnt out just work harder, that will solve everything. But wait.. Demon boy will be his highest priority even with the new game. Sure.
Progress bar: over 100 percent (renders/animation) since what.. September? This dude made 30 renders each week but happily announced he doesn't work anymore on a normal job since demon boy can support him fully. 30 renders on average per week lmao (sometimes 35. Impressive). Oh and I forgot to mention he got a new graphic card to speed up the rendering process. Wait really? Yes, but eehh.. Nothing changed. Surprising? No.
In October people started to complain on his socials until November cuz the game was actually finished but the progress bar was still rising.

SURPRISE RELEASE!
oh false alarm everybody, I found grammar errors in the game which I couldn't detect before this announcement (yep you don't check something before release)

3 weeks later and he's still figuring out the problem. Probably wrote the whole update from right to left, who knows.
So 3 weeks later.. Suddenly another problem! The animations and some renders didn't felt right. Kayyy.. Impossible to notice that 3 weeks ago when you wanted to release it as a surprise?

What followed next were a few development updates where he didn't mentioned the problems he had before and how he solved them. Usually the same " I'm a one man team. It's difficult. Hard work. I try my best." STFU!

Why he didn't mentioned how he solved the problems? Easy.. People believed him so he wouldn't need an explanation after. He also took a few days off (DAYS..) with complaints about how hard it is.

To summarize this shit :

He mentioned things earlier which don't add up what he said the recent weeks. He mentioned it multiple times how this and that would speed up his developments but somehow the opposite happened. Slow... Slower.. Sloooooower..
It's working. He gets his money with no effort. Only thing he needs to do is typing some pussy shit on his patreon to get everyone from his back. This dude started great and you could see how many effort and energy he put into the game. But that's gone. Work smart not hard. Or in eromersive's case- don't.

mitanc92

May 8, 2018
Its always good to give the benefit of doubt in any situation.. but I think we have all been here for long enough to recognize bullshit and the 'default update delay templates' these devs use... For all those noobs who still think that the dev is working hard or is facing burnout, think about this:

1. When he has time to pose and render wallpapers, why not use that time to finish the update? Coz that's the priority no? The wallpapers are additional bonuses for the higher tiers. That can come later..

2. Let's assume he has a burnout issue. Then the logical thing to do would be to get this update released (According to the dev, it's 'almost' done right?) and then pause patreon and take a few months off to clear his head or map out the future of the project... Nobody in their right mind would start a new project and increase the workload. But being logical and pragmatic is an entirely new concept for us.. isn't it?

TL;DR: Stop being in denial and stop supporting the lame excuses of current devs.. I'm pretty sure everyone would have the base IQ to detect a genuine reason for delay (which rarely occurs in this field of AVNs)

DanteRed

Oct 28, 2020
Glad to see that most people here realize that the dev is a filthy liar. If only his patrons would realize it too and cancel subscription for a few months, I'm pretty sure that the update would be released mighty quick.

In any case, since it is the season of joy and some people were nice enough to share some wallpapers, I thought I might share these as well, since this could be the closest we would ever see this scene.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

patty900

Jan 24, 2018
Glad to see that most people here realize that the dev is a filthy liar. If only his patrons would realize it too and cancel subscription for a few months, I'm pretty sure that the update would be released mighty quick.

In any case, since it is the season of joy and some people were nice enough to share some wallpapers, I thought I might share these as well, since this could be the closest we would ever see this scene.

ty sir

T. Jin

Apr 3, 2022
Let's wait and see tonight. If not then this dev will lose his trust and followers. (Lol early nov will got to 2023 jan)

name

Mar 8, 2017
i usually use the last date the op was edited to see when the last update was but i'm guessing from the thread whatever change the op had in October wasn't an update

kyloren007

Nov 18, 2018

More of this please.

test7777

Jun 6, 2017
Thank you to all the kind people sharing some wallpapers. Any chance someone could share the renders of

Reactions: sqanze001
4.30 star(s) 124 Votes