Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
Does Nero (the MC himself) really get to have agency for his actions and decisions? I'm at the part where we go to the Hearth for the first time. I'm really disliking that most of his decisions seems like always comes from Bezrel and Fenriz. It doesn't feel like we don't have any say at all. It feels like we're not having control of the MC's decisions and just letting it go just how Bezrel and Fenriz wants. It feels like Nero himself is entirely out of the picture even though he's supposed to be some different person with the memories of Bazrel or something.

I really hope someone can answer this as I don't feel like the MC's in control and just going along the whims of his memory loss situation and his surroundings. I don't like not having in control. Especially that line before we depart, "Not as Bazrel, nor Fenriz... but as someone else entirely." feel so hypocritical and out of place.

Is this suppose to be the case? Do we get to know later why Nero himself agreed to the contract? This uneasy feeling stopped me from playing for now. If Nero really is not the one in control then I'll probably leave the game.

Edit:

I dunno, I just feel bad for the identity of Nero himself. It feels like he just got deleted from existence and whatever the fusion of Bazrel and Fenriz is now inhabiting inside him. How does that make sense even? From what I understand Fenriz is basically a younger Bazrel right? Before he became the Demon Lord or whatever its called.
I thought Fenriz is the name the 'old' Nero goes with in that conversation just to avoid getting him confused with the 'new' Nero. And my impression, both from that conversation and subsequent ones where people comment on Nero's personality, is that he had so much impotent rage in him for so long that he was totally fine with getting deleted from existence if it gave Bazrel the means to strike back against the people Nero blamed and hated (primarily the king).

Reactions: Konvel

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
I've also been confused over this Fenriz/Nero thingy, especially as Fenriz seems to have Horns while Nero is/was just aHuman.
But i also understood during the story, that Nero, the Human boy who lived together with Mira in "The Shoal" before being found by his current "Mother", was just a normal human boy with almost no talent for Magic, but a hate for the king... and so he volunteered as a "Vessel" für Bazrels Soul.
This lead to a Merge between the two, forming our new Main-Character who is actually neither Bazrel nor the old Nero, but a new Being. While Fenriz is the Part of our Soul representing the original Nero (renamed to avoid confusion with ourself) and then there is the part of us representing Bazrels soul... thats the most obvious part.
BTW, even Nyla, Astrid, Beatrice and most of the Characters have some Legacy to uphold and are never truly free in their decisions - just as our MC is living up to Bazrels great plan of conquering the Hearth... in the end they all are restrained in their decision-making by legacies to uphold and expectations to fulfill
Its a quite philosophical part of the storyline actually.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Overall very nicely written story with the different factions and all this stuff. Although i have to admit that it truly seems the case that our MC has no dreams and goals of its own, besides Bazrels great plan... makes me a bit sad.

DraxisSilencer1000

Aug 26, 2020
Overall very nicely written story with the different factions and all this stuff. Although i have to admit that it truly seems the case that our MC has no dreams and goals of its own, besides Bazrels great plan... makes me a bit sad.
This is mainly my main big problem, but as others have pointed out it seems the original personality of the human Nero really is gone and what's left of the fusion between Bazrel and human Nero is now the MC.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
I have ultimately refused Astrids offer because I saw the scenes with Varshera, and refused to shake the hands of the band girl after I saw her ability a bit later, but were these the better choices? I mean logically it would seem so, even though the horned girl will touch us later and figures out our identity, but still. Ultimately I'm basically distrustful to almost everyone, question if I can flip these situations later on or gets dragged on and if the plot will be flexible enough to follow up on these choices not to force me into it anyway because the plot needs it.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lunar517

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
I have ultimately refused Astrids offer because I saw the scenes with Varshera, and refused to shake the hands of the band girl after I saw her ability a bit later, but were these the better choices? I mean logically it would seem so, even though the horned girl will touch us later and figures out our identity, but still. Ultimately I'm basically distrustful to almost everyone, question if I can flip these situations later on or gets dragged on and if the plot will be flexible enough to follow up on these choices not to force me into it anyway because the plot needs it.
from what i think i understood, accepting or refusing don't old much importance on the main plot, it's just so you choose if you go for a harem or one specific girl (like accepting "enable" the girl scene while refusing keep it professional as they ask help from each other and speack about the mc while never saying anything about the relationship they or others have with him, it could be a good way to please the harem haters/lover in the same game or even just exclude a girl you don't like)

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
There are two other things that come to my mind which i found rather strange in the Plot...
Our first meeting with Kallista in the hallway, where MC seems to remember "the eyes" and then memories from Simone come up... this confused me to think that Kallista would be Simone becaus of his "recognition" of the characters by the eyes... it took some time to understand that this just was a reference to "enchanted" eyes, not to the two girls being related to each other...

The second...strange... person is this "Gretelski" - Girl. As i understand it, she has been last years choice to bevome Arkada.
But really... if this annoying brat could become an arkada, i guess it cannot be too difficult.. i mean compared to Nyla for example... who seems to be much more mature than "Gretel"... i mean Gretelski represents the dangerous elite soldier as much as a chihuahua could be considered a wolf

Just my two cents... overall i like the story very much so far...

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
There are two other things that come to my mind which i found rather strange in the Plot...
Our first meeting with Kallista in the hallway, where MC seems to remember "the eyes" and then memories from Simone come up... this confused me to think that Kallista would be Simone becaus of his "recognition" of the characters by the eyes... it took some time to understand that this just was a reference to "enchanted" eyes, not to the two girls being related to each other...

The second...strange... person is this "Gretelski" - Girl. As i understand it, she has been last years choice to bevome Arkada.
But really... if this annoying brat could become an arkada, i guess it cannot be too difficult.. i mean compared to Nyla for example... who seems to be much more mature than "Gretel"... i mean Gretelski represents the dangerous elite soldier as much as a chihuahua could be considered a wolf

Just my two cents... overall i like the story very much so far...
If you haven't realized it yet, you can't judge a book by a cover.
Look at Tabitha.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
from what i think i understood, accepting or refusing don't old much importance on the main plot, it's just so you choose if you go for a harem or one specific girl (like accepting "enable" the girl scene while refusing keep it professional as they ask help from each other and speack about the mc while never saying anything about the relationship they or others have with him, it could be a good way to please the harem haters/lover in the same game or even just exclude a girl you don't like)
I wasn't sure about that because I can continue her events, and gameplay told me she'll be more wary of me regarding the main story, that choice wasn't like with most of the other girls, it seemed to be tied in to the main events, hence why I asked and it would be great if the dev could confirm it or not.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
I wasn't sure about that because I can continue her events, and gameplay told me she'll be more wary of me regarding the main story, that choice wasn't like with most of the other girls, it seemed to be tied in to the main events, hence why I asked and it would be great if the dev could confirm it or not.
There is a discord, in which you can much more easily communicate with the dev.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
This is a really good game, with an interesting story and really cute girls. I particularly love the Ilvog sisters and Mira, though all of the girls have something special about them as well. The main character seems a little slow sometimes, like when meeting Elly she says that he should have stared at her horns like a 'gotcha', if he was quicker he would have said that they aren't really unusual to him, his sister has horns. He potentially has access to Bazrel's strength, power, knowledge and skill, but he hasn't really realised any of that, it would be nice if he had something of his own he could use like at least being smart. Speaking of Elly, I really hope that he is able to make her an ally, she's gorgeous. That pure white skin that she and Undyne have is really beautiful.
One other thing that I wish would be for when the hints show to do another story first, that if that requirement was met that the hint would not mention it, so it would be clear whether that's something we actually still have to do or not.

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
If you haven't realized it yet, you can't judge a book by a cover.
Look at Tabitha.
Tabitha is an excellent example... she smelled like trouble from the start, and her having not a very high morale (killing ppl is no big deal etc.) and seems to ride on the darvinistic wave (the "better" survive, fuck the weaker ones...) it is quite easy and fitting for her to be who she is... there were quite many hints, plus the red eyes... well... i guessed its her for quite some time even before playing 0.4.1

Gretel on the other side seems to be a loud, immature child who thinks heritage is the most important thing, not understaning ow the MCs friends hold onto him although he is no true Havelka... What a silly view refarding friendship and loyalty of other people.
If this is a representation of the "Elite" Rukhane has to offer then i wonder how they could have ever defeated Bazrel.
Tabitha is intellectually quite refined compared to this...
But thats just my opinion... i simply wondered about the great, dangerous Arkada taking such brats into their ranks...

Konvel

Jobber
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
question if I can flip these situations later on or gets dragged on and if the plot will be flexible enough to follow up on these choices not to force me into it anyway because the plot needs it.
Yep, choosing to ally with Astrid will change how some events play out in the main story. While I won't be trying to make the story branch out completely into different routes, I do want to give players the ability to influence the story whenever possible. Additional endings or alternate routes would be something I'd eventually reconsider once the story is complete.
Rest assured that he definitely won't stay that way. I think there's nothing like a good conflict to force people to consider their values, and Sanctus will be full of such experiences.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Yep, choosing to ally with Astrid will change how some events play out in the main story. While I won't be trying to make the story branch out completely into different routes, I do want to give players the ability to influence the story whenever possible. Additional endings or alternate routes would be something I'd eventually reconsider once the story is complete.

Rest assured that he definitely won't stay that way. I think there's nothing like a good conflict to force people to consider their values, and Sanctus will be full of such experiences.
Thanks for the answer. I don't ask you for massive spoilers, just want to know if accepting her offer is a positive or a negative thing? I was on the logic I shouldn't just accept it because she wants to manipulate either way. It was halfway into my progress, so I'd only go back if it's really necessary to accept it to have a better outcome where MC won't end up as a tool for her if that's the case.

Wafflewaffuru

Feb 10, 2021
Thanks for the answer. I don't ask you for massive spoilers, just want to know if accepting her offer is a positive or a negative thing? I was on the logic I shouldn't just accept it because she wants to manipulate either way. It was halfway into my progress, so I'd only go back if it's really necessary to accept it to have a better outcome where MC won't end up as a tool for her if that's the case.
She literally gives up control of the gang entirely.

Konvel

Jobber
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2020
I wouldn't say either choice is objectively positive or negative, as they simply result in different relationships and interactions. Both choices will give you a different view of future conflicts as well as closing off certain scenes you would otherwise see.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
Oh im quite sure of that... considering how Sanctus is and works, there are quite many possibilities for "drama". Starting by the inherent conflicts of friendship/love versus duty, which we have in most characters (nyla for example, i mean we are practically the leader of Nishizaki right now - the gang she needs to extinguish on behalf von Lomidze) plus our "Mother" - a rather mysterious character right now, but i can guess she loves her adopted children nonetheless, but if we try to take over the Hearth and the Numinals step in (like it hapended in the Lux Hearth) then she also might have to choose between duty and family. Ths inherent conflict in most relationships in ths game is quite interesting... and as Gynfrey himself told Nyla, "Family always comes first".
This is somewhat complicated by the fact that our current MC does not remember much from his adoptive family alltogether, let alone the mother who he never met in person yet, since becoming the new creature he is nowadays.

So even if we only consider Bazrels great plan, there is enough potential for great drama, not even considering al the other sub-factions and their own plotting. Beginning with Tabitha, covering nyla and the Ilvog sisters, the assassins, Astrid of course and "ending" my little thought-experiment with General Lomidze herself, who also acts suspicius as fuck, regarding the Nishizakis and the transfer from the Lux Hearth, setting up the synia to eradicate the gang but having no problems with other mistle-spreaders. Duazuls strange warning, the reinforced barrier which basically turns sanctus into a prison... or should i say an arena?

Your story and the overall setup has already spiked my own curiosity and creativity in thinking about all this stuff... you could say you got me fired up! :D

Reactions: lunar517

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Nice game...the story is somewhat strange in the beginning, but once you start speculating it gets really interesting ^^
There is only one thing i dont understand...the game has a few nice gore scenes...but not a single virgin had the slightest hint of blood after they got their fill...why?
Storywise i have a question...or more like an idea...but i think the spoiler might be to big for an direct anster...just...the man of "mother"...am i correct to guess he was...lets say not a human? ;)

Hunterop6969

Apr 14, 2020
Here a story about how I almost fucking died drinking water.
One night I was playing this game in the Astrid "flashback" scene while drinking water... A mistake that almost killed me.
Without any early warning, Astrid and Simone becomed jojo characters and since im a fan of jojo and because I'm probably retarded I started to laugh and started to choke on with the water.
Funny memories...

Hunterop6969

Apr 14, 2020
Astrid is the clown of the circus... but who we are?
The lion tamer? Risking your life to make sure the lion dont end killing everyone?
Maybe we are the lions? Controled by a weaker because we dont know our true power?
I fear Astrid and that how everyone need to feel about her.
I write story as a hobby and already have a character like her and my maaaan... They can end someone life using only the speech and dont even need to kill for that.
For sure Astrid will do a lot of shit.

4.60 star(s) 38 Votes