NG12345

Sep 25, 2017
Hmm well a bit down after playing this one but oh well.
Caroline sure does seem like she's setting "I have a likely terminal illness" flags. But very possibly I'm misreading that. We'll see how that goes.
Really not a fan of the aphrodisiac development with Amanda. I get that its just lowering her inhibitions and she wouldn't be sucking MC's dick if she didn't have that desire already, but it definitely takes us into darker more exploitative territory with a character he's supposed to love (and one who it seemed like he still had a shot at seducing, frankly). Still, I understand of course that its your story and I'm still interested to see how things go, its just dampened my enthusiasm somewhat for that character's route for the moment. I think my enjoyment of this update was probably limited by where we had to leave things off, what with a retreat on Caroline's part and Amanda trying to do the same until the whole magic (might actually be magic...) dick lotion thing happened. I do enjoy that Maya is just randomly an elf, apparently, and we all just sorta roll with it.

Dammit MC better not mistreat Kaira *sharpens pitchfork*

Music is as always top-tier.

Veronica bit was fun. Olivia was...Olivia. I'll still play it through, but just not really hitting my buttons. That's not really a criticism though, I thought her bit was well done.

Even more curious now about spooky dream lady of course. Enjoying the slow burn on that.

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
Lmao tell that to a jury

"hey i did not rape the girl, just used an aphrodisiac to fuck her" :))

Btw the android versions dont work, i tried both and it says all the time the aplication was not installed xd
It's about capacity and the relation of capacity in order to give consent.

Paitryn

Mar 10, 2017
Because up until 0.52 there wasn't the slightest hint of anything like it? All indications from every version up to and including 0.52 was that the 'Depravity' in question was taboo things like incest and BDSM, not abhorrent things like rape.

'Corruption' and 'Rape' are not synonyms. There were plenty of depraved things going on before that 'twist', I never had a problem with any of them. I like corruption, but what we got this time wasn't seduction or temptation, it was just the easy way out 'Boom, here's a magic potion and she's a slut now'.
Sorry but Maya and Nyx didnt suddenly fuck the MC after the aphrodesiac. They had to want to do something with the MC in the first place. So I'm missing the rape part. She didn't want to do it, she wouldn't have done it. Just like the other two who chose not to. She still had to make the move and chose to.

hngk07

Sep 7, 2018
"v0.53.1 is bug fixes for memory issues and is otherwise the same as v0.53 "

anyone know what the memory issue, is it missing memory or what??

aluoaniki

Sep 29, 2018
"v0.53.1 is bug fixes for memory issues and is otherwise the same as v0.53 "

anyone know what the memory issue, is it missing memory or what??
memory leak causing game crash, if your pc is good enough this won't even be noticed.

Reactions: hngk07

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
Sorry but Maya and Nyx didnt suddenly fuck the MC after the aphrodesiac. They had to want to do something with the MC in the first place. So I'm missing the rape part. She didn't want to do it, she wouldn't have done it. Just like the other two who chose not to. She still had to make the move and chose to.
The point you bring up there is merely the difference between regular rape and DFSA (drug-facilitated sexual assault) also called "predatory rape". The first is the forceful assault of someone while they are clearly not consenting, the latter is you tricking someone into consuming a drug (alcohol, roofies or in this case a non-descript aphrodisiac) in order to get them into a state where they are no longer of sound mind and capable of consenting and then take advantage of those now lowered inhibitions. The latter is often harder to prove but if you are found guilty, then both types usually carry around the same prison sentence because both are simply considered rape.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I know that is a lot of rambling that seems to have nothing to do with the topic but it's simply an example for why the "the others didn't do it. she wanted it, I just lowered her inhibitions without her knowledge, so it's not rape" defense doesn't exactly fly.

Olivia is just side content and there was warning before her stuff. I don't think aphrodisiac is a the same level as rape. Ive expressed it before as being more morally conscionable and that's how it is.
Olivia is side content but she's still part of the games content. You have added the Genre "Trap" despite not every character being a trap, likewise Olivias path existing would be enough of a reason to add the rape tag, since the genre tags are more of a "these things can be found SOMEWHERE in this game".
Also since you said "Olivia is side content and there was a warning before her stuff" I just checked the game again to see if the warning was actually clear and found this:
"You are about to enjoy content with commissioned side characters with very depraved themes, including blackmail and corruption."
Meaning even in that case you are not clear about said "corruption" just being straight up sexual assault.

Once again, not saying "amg, remove those themes" or something, but it would simply be a better move to actually tell people what they are getting into. Even if it's just a genre tag "Rape (sidecharacter, avoidable)" in case you're afraid having that word listed could turn people off of downloading the game. That would still allow people that are into games featuring rape to look for that and people that absolutely don't want to play through that stuff to know they should absolutely avoid Olivia. You just mentioning "corruption" both in the genres and in the ingame warning does not have that effect. I've played a fair share of corruption games and corruption usually doesn't mean "you assault a woman you barely know in the toilet while she's taking a shit and fuck her while she's begging you to stop".

Last edited:

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
The point you bring up there is merely the difference between regular rape and DFSA (drug-facilitated sexual assault) also called "predatory rape". The first is the forceful assault of someone while they are clearly not consenting, the latter is you tricking someone into consuming a drug (alcohol, roofies or in this case a non-descript aphrodisiac) in order to get them into a state where they are no longer of sound mind and capable of consenting and then take advantage of those now lowered inhibitions. The latter is often harder to prove but if you are found guilty, then both types usually carry around the same prison sentence because both are simply considered rape.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I know that is a lot of rambling that seems to have nothing to do with the topic but it's simply an example for why the "the others didn't do it. she wanted it, I just lowered her inhibitions without her knowledge, so it's not rape" defense doesn't exactly fly.

Olivia is side content but she's still part of the games content. You have added the Genre "Trap" despite not every character being a trap, likewise Olivias path existing would be enough of a reason to add the rape tag, since the genre tags are more of a "these things can be found SOMEWHERE in this game".
Also since you said "Olivia is side content and there was a warning before her stuff" I just checked the game again to see if the warning was actually clear and found this:
"You are about to enjoy content with commissioned side characters with very depraved themes, including blackmail and corruption."
Meaning even in that case you are not clear about said "corruption" just being straight up sexual assault.

Once again, not saying "amg, remove those themes" or something, but it would simply be a better move to actually tell people what they are getting into. Even if it's just a genre tag "Rape (sidecharacter, avoidable)" in case you're afraid having that word listed could turn people off of downloading the game. That would still allow people that are into games featuring rape to look for that and people that absolutely don't want to play through that stuff to know they should absolutely avoid Olivia. You just mentioning "corruption" both in the genres and in the ingame warning does not have that effect. I've played a fair share of corruption games and corruption usually doesn't mean "you assault her in the toilet while she's taking a shit and fuck her while she's begging you to stop".
The law is written way it is and sometimes does not deal with nuance and its not always compatible with our conventions of ethics. I maintain that the aphrodisiac, which is just a strong perfume, is simply on a different level. Hopefully by my analogy of a perfume, you will realise that it's not as clear as you lay out. Fundamentally, you will be wrong because something like this does not exist in real life and the dynamics of the aphrodisiac are up for me to define. With regard to corruption, you forgot to mention that I also say blackmail.

I think of the tagging system as a way for me to broadcast what the game is about. That's why I thought it was retarded for a mod to add 'gay'. When you see gay you think masculine male with masculine male. It can be technically true, but my content is better served by the tag of 'trap'. My game is not about rape.

Last edited:

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
It doesn't matter that the drug is fictional. You wouldn't be tagging to inform the characters ingame that there is rape happening, but rather the people playing the game and those people, living in reality, would know the actual, real, definitions of rape. And unless people are still trying to defend Bill Cosby "artificially changing someone state of mind to get them to fuck you isn't rape" is a pretty bad hill to die on.
You could define the drug and what's in it however you want but as long as your plot progression is "MC thinks he can't get in his mothers panties" -> "MC administers a drug to her without her knowledge because he thinks it will lead to her actually wanting to fuck him" -> "mother now wants to fuck MC and shows clear signs of being affected by a drug" you're basically making any questions regarding what is in the perfume obsolete since you have already acknowledged it serves the purpose of lowering her inhibitions to make her do something she wouldn't be doing without the perfume. It could be raccoon piss and as long as raccoon piss in your games world is somehow known to have an aphrodisiac effect and lowers inhibitions it would not matter since the thing people were arguing was the actual effect and what the MC uses it for, not the fluff that surrounds the effect.

And as far as the tags go, they are to broadcast what your game features, yes, but everything your game features. People here do not tag their games for fun but because they are expected to do so: https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2019-03-24.10394/
And there is both the sentence "Please report any thread with incorrect and/or missing tag(s)." in there and a clear description of when a tag is to be used "Rape [Forced or non-consensual sex.]".
Also: https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2019-06-25.524/
"Please ensure games are properly tagged, tags should only include content which is currently in game. You can find a list of tags . The Genres section can include more specific tags/genres/fetishes." showing that while you can be more specific when listing those tags in the genre section, the linked list is basically the baseline if shit in there applies to your game. It also points out that the tags are supposed to reflect the current content. I see no line about only tagging the fetishes for main characters but leaving out the ones for side characters, after all the side characters are also part of the game you are promoting.

Your game features forced sex with a character, in this case Olivia, and is thus missing the tag for Rape. This discussion wouldn't even be happening in a thread started by one of the moderators since they adjust tags correctly when something tagworthy is featured somewhere in a games update, as they have no personal stakes in it. Things like these tend to only happen when the OP is also the creator since then the whole idea of "avoiding tags that sound negative" comes into play.
As of right now your game doesn't seem to be about incest (since you could just focus on Camille, Caroline and Nicole, avoiding the MCs family), it simply features incest. It's not about traps since you can opt out of the Camille path completely but it features a trap and by exactly the same logic it's not about rape but since Olivias path exists in it it does feature rape. So it is quite simply incorrectly tagged.

Them supposedly just being sidecharacters doesn't even change that considering they are actually tied into your games world. Veronica is the MCs former teach and Olivia is the chemistry prof at the local university. The "University" location, which is one of only 5 locations on the map, exists exclusively to visit Olivia. They're not disconnected from your base game in any way and once you go past a single warning they are also accessed the same way the other characters are. Hell Kaira even meets Veronica because Veronica is her current teacher, fully acknowledging her existence in the games world. Which means that since Veronica is friends with Olivia, Olivia is also acknowledged as an official part of the world you made.

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
It doesn't matter that the drug is fictional. You wouldn't be tagging to inform the characters ingame that there is rape happening, but rather the people playing the game and those people, living in reality, would know the actual, real, definitions of rape. And unless people are still trying to defend Bill Cosby "artificially changing someone state of mind to get them to fuck you isn't rape" is a pretty bad hill to die on.
You could define the drug and what's in it however you want but as long as your plot progression is "MC thinks he can't get in his mothers panties" -> "MC administers a drug to her without her knowledge because he thinks it will lead to her actually wanting to fuck him" -> "mother now wants to fuck MC and shows clear signs of being affected by a drug" you're basically making any questions regarding what is in the perfume obsolete since you have already acknowledged it serves the purpose of lowering her inhibitions to make her do something she wouldn't be doing without the perfume. It could be raccoon piss and as long as raccoon piss in your games world is somehow known to have an aphrodisiac effect and lowers inhibitions it would not matter since the thing people were arguing was the actual effect and what the MC uses it for, not the fluff that surrounds the effect.

And as far as the tags go, they are to broadcast what your game features, yes, but everything your game features. People here do not tag their games for fun but because they are expected to do so: https://f95zone.to/threads/tags-rules-and-list-updated-2019-03-24.10394/
And there is both the sentence "Please report any thread with incorrect and/or missing tag(s)." in there and a clear description of when a tag is to be used "Rape [Forced or non-consensual sex.]".
Also: https://f95zone.to/threads/game-uploading-rules-2019-06-25.524/
"Please ensure games are properly tagged, tags should only include content which is currently in game. You can find a list of tags . The Genres section can include more specific tags/genres/fetishes." showing that while you can be more specific when listing those tags in the genre section, the linked list is basically the baseline if shit in there applies to your game. It also points out that the tags are supposed to reflect the current content. I see no line about only tagging the fetishes for main characters but leaving out the ones for side characters, after all the side characters are also part of the game you are promoting.

Your game features forced sex with a character, in this case Olivia, and is thus missing the tag for Rape. This discussion wouldn't even be happening in a thread started by one of the moderators since they adjust tags correctly when something tagworthy is featured somewhere in a games update, as they have no personal stakes in it. Things like these tend to only happen when the OP is also the creator since then the whole idea of "avoiding tags that sound negative" comes into play.
As of right now your game doesn't seem to be about incest (since you could just focus on Camille, Caroline and Nicole, avoiding the MCs family), it simply features incest. It's not about traps since you can opt out of the Camille path completely but it features a trap and by exactly the same logic it's not about rape but since Olivias path exists in it it does feature rape. So it is quite simply incorrectly tagged.

Them supposedly just being sidecharacters doesn't even change that considering they are actually tied into your games world. Veronica is the MCs former teach and Olivia is the chemistry prof at the local university. The "University" location, which is one of only 5 locations on the map, exists exclusively to visit Olivia. They're not disconnected from your base game in any way and once you go past a single warning they are also accessed the same way the other characters are. Hell Kaira even meets Veronica because Veronica is her current teacher, fully acknowledging her existence in the games world. Which means that since Veronica is friends with Olivia, Olivia is also acknowledged as an official part of the world you made.
I make the rules in my game, and what the mechanism of actions of my potions do. The perfume is a perfectly legitimate example of things that increase attractiveness but would certainly not be rape. The aphrodisiac is on the same spectrum. I disagree with your premise that anything that increases x or lowers inhibition is rape. It's just wrong.

You also set up strawman about tagging. it's not what i said, and i gave an example of when a tag may technically be right, but serves the wrong purpose. You're trying too hard. Let me just bring up one point about the incest. It so very clearly is about the incest. Ever since the prologue we are reminded of the barriers there. LIke, how can you even get that point wrong so bad.

Go have the last word.

fakitap

Aug 1, 2017
It's not about morality but about correct tagging. A lot of people on this site would lose their minds if a game that features NTR didn't have an NTR tag because the dev went "only 1 of my 6 characters features NTR content so I'm gonna hide that fact. let me call it 'voyeurism' instead cause that sounds better. if people ask why there was no NTR tag I'll say it's because she's not a main character". Shouldn't be too hard to understand that some people might dislike "surprise-rape" just as much as they dislike "susprise-NTR".

And in since people like to use the ingame warning as an argument as if that one is clear, this is said ingame warning once again mentioning corruption (which would actually legitimately apply to Veronica whom slowly push towards cheating on her husband and having her pussy licked at school) and only mentions the blackmail tag that applies to Olivia, not the rape tag.

Commissioned Characters.png
And in case you think "corruption can be anything", sure on his own patreon he can go "lol, I'll just call rape corruption" but on this page, which is being used for promotion of both the game and thus also the patreon, there are clear definitions for when both tags are to be used in the tag list I linked to in my last post.
1. Rape [Forced or non-consensual sex.]
2. Corruption [Corrupting someone's mind robbing them of their purity/innocence.]
You do not "corrupt Olivias mind" in any way. You jump her in the toilet and forcibly rape her while she's taking a shit.

But sure, I'll drop the subject, considering that a single page after answering the question why there is no rape tag for Olivia with "cause she's a side character" he's now claiming he said something entirely different and that repeating his words is somehow creating a strawman this doesn't seem like a discussion worth having anyway. Have a good one.

Last edited:

ive_got-problems

Mar 21, 2018
It's not about morality but about correct tagging. A lot of people on this site would lose their minds if a game that features NTR didn't have an NTR tag because the dev went "only 1 of my 6 characters features NTR content so I'm gonna hide that fact. let me call it 'voyeurism' instead cause that sounds better. if people ask why there was no NTR tag I'll say it's because she's not a main character". Shouldn't be too hard to understand that some people might dislike "surprise-rape" just as much as they dislike "susprise-NTR".

But sure, I'll drop the subject, considering that a single page after answering the question why there is no rape tag for Olivia with "cause she's a side character" he's now claiming he said something entirely different and that repeating his words is somehow creating a strawman this doesn't seem like a discussion worth having anyway. Have a good one.
Is it really a surprise when there is a big, full page warning about what happens with these characters is messed up or whatever it said before you play them?

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
there were two women exposed to the potion, but did not have sex with the MC, so keep that in mind. corruption can involve rape. that's not the point of what we are saying. At the end of the day, this is my game, and I'm just going to say get used to it. I have responded to newer commenters but you and i have talked about this already and should have hashed this out by now. My game is not based on a contract where you can tell me what game I should make based on your interpretation of the tags or premise of the game. This is MY game, and I have made it very clear that it will contain depraved elements. And it's up to me to define what that is.
It's absolutely up to you to choose what goes in your game, but you don't get to redefine what words mean. If you want to have both corruption and rape that's fine, but you don't get to pretend that corruption implies rape so everyone who doesn't like it should have been expecting it and shouldn't complain. And it's not unreasonable to expect the description of the game to reflect what the game is going to be like. People are complaining, that should tell you that there's something wrong with the expectations you are setting up. Neither the description or the first hour of play hint at what is coming, it's completely out of left field.
And please, stop trying to pretend that this drug is 'just like a perfume'. Things on the level of perfumes don't make people so uncontrollably horny that they drop to their knees and start choking down cock. Maya and Nyx didn't fuck MC, but they fucked each other. While he was watching, even though they clearly didn't want to do it in front of him. This hardly refutes the idea that their faculties were severely impaired. It's painfully clear from context that everyone involved was expecting it to make Amanda fuck MC even if she didn't want to, or else why bother with it at all?
I have something of a theory: you didn't think too much about what you were writing, and now people have pointed it out you realise what you've written and you don't like it either. You're trying to convince yourself that what MC did isn't rape even though anyone who plays those events can see just how powerful the drug in question is. That's why it's such a sharp change from everything that came before, because it wasn't planned.

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
It's absolutely up to you to choose what goes in your game, but you don't get to redefine what words mean. If you want to have both corruption and rape that's fine, but you don't get to pretend that corruption implies rape so everyone who doesn't like it should have been expecting it and shouldn't complain. And it's not unreasonable to expect the description of the game to reflect what the game is going to be like. People are complaining, that should tell you that there's something wrong with the expectations you are setting up. Neither the description or the first hour of play hint at what is coming, it's completely out of left field.
And please, stop trying to pretend that this drug is 'just like a perfume'. Things on the level of perfumes don't make people so uncontrollably horny that they drop to their knees and start choking down cock. Maya and Nyx didn't fuck MC, but they fucked each other. While he was watching, even though they clearly didn't want to do it in front of him. This hardly refutes the idea that their faculties were severely impaired. It's painfully clear from context that everyone involved was expecting it to make Amanda fuck MC even if she didn't want to, or else why bother with it at all?
I have something of a theory: you didn't think too much about what you were writing, and now people have pointed it out you realise what you've written and you don't like it either. You're trying to convince yourself that what MC did isn't rape even though anyone who plays those events can see just how powerful the drug in question is. That's why it's such a sharp change from everything that came before, because it wasn't planned.
People complained when I had traps, and they will continue to complain. We've had this discussion. I've heard you out already, and you need to respect my answer. If you can't understand now, you won't understand if I explain it more. If you can't deal with it, don't play. It's another level of arrogance to think you know what I intend, and I think it's a critical error for you to go down that route. You won't get what you want from me.

Last edited:

KMJ96815

Mar 25, 2019
Is the incest avoidable and/or need a patch? Nothing personal against anyone else, but that's really not my thing. I can take almost anything else fine.

KMJ96815

Mar 25, 2019
I haven't played the game yet and can't comment on whatever scenes are being referenced for "rape" but I've worked as an criminal attorney in these types of cases before and basically "consent" from a statutory perspective and what that means in your specific jurisdiction is basically most of the ball game so to speak. Date rape drugs/alcohol at college being the most common type of case I have seen...(impaired judgment causing lack of consent essentially in the simplest non-legal terms)

khahan

Jun 21, 2018
Way too grindy. Your cash system sucks. We can earn $50 a day and have to buy multiple things that cost $500, $1000 and more? For this kind of game? Cut the prices in half or let the photo studio give us daily work for $100. No reason to make us grind like that.

danteworks

Developer of Depravity
Game Developer
Dec 3, 2018
Way too grindy. Your cash system sucks. We can earn $50 a day and have to buy multiple things that cost $500, $1000 and more? For this kind of game? Cut the prices in half or let the photo studio give us daily work for $100. No reason to make us grind like that.
Please see the walkthrough for the way to make a lot of money.

3.90 star(s) 109 Votes