Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
I enjoy this game. It does have Mad Max vibes, but that's really the benchmark for any post-apocalyptic desert environment, I guess.
The story's solid, the girls are delightful, the MC is a badass, but you have some freedom as to how you wish to play.
You can be an arse, or a "relatively" nice guy. I like that.
I only have good things to say, in all honesty.
I'm sure others can find faults, but I didn't go looking for any and very much enjoyed what I got. (y)
It's the ideal game for me.

First and foremost you have an MC who isn't a timid little bitch boy. I'm so sick of shotas I can't even begin to explain my frustration with that growing trend. DS has a take charge alpha male who can also be "relatively" nice as you say, which is a breath of fresh air in AVNs. I play as a complete, sex-crazed scoundrel and I love every minute of it. The post-apocalyptic genre is my thing and I'm a big fan of the Mad Max movies so major points there. All of the women are insanely hot with realistic expressions and unique personalities and that really makes a difference. So much better than the awkwardly-posed models with blank expressions you get with many other games. And I have to say, these ladies here have the best "come hither" glances and dirty looks I've ever seen on F95. The story is a lot of fun and it's interesting to read about game lore after you've made your proper donation to the temple of fap and need something to do while you recharge. Also, the development time between episodes is much better than a lot of the top games on F95 so bonus points there too.

I'd say the only thing I don't like is the multiple protagonist, but that's just a personal preference. Most people are fine with it and won't have any issues playing through it, no matter which player they are controlling. I'm rather excited to see where this story goes and look forward to new adventures out in the wastelands.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
I'd say the only thing I don't like is the multiple protagonist, but that's just a personal preference. Most people are fine with it and won't have any issues playing through it, no matter which player they are controlling. I'm rather excited to see where this story goes and look forward to new adventures out in the wastelands.
I don't remember there being mutliple protagonists?
Are you referring to Shani's upcoming adventure?
If so, she's only the protagonist for her arc, MC is still the protag of the game. As far as I can tell. Guess we'll see how it develops... (y)

Deleted member 2553135

Jul 3, 2020
If so, she's only the protagonist for her arc, MC is still the protag of the game.
You do control Shani when she is with the Queen for a short time, so that must count as multiple protagonists.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
You do control Shani when she is with the Queen for a short time, so that must count as multiple protagonists.
Yeah, but, like I said, she's not the protagonist of the story, or the game.
She's a supporting character.
A supporting character can be a protagonist, but not the protagonist.

End of the day, you're quite correct. If the dev, or the site, define that as multiple protag, then it is. lol

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I enjoy this game. It does have Mad Max vibes, but that's really the benchmark for any post-apocalyptic desert environment, I guess.
The story's solid, the girls are delightful, the MC is a badass, but you have some freedom as to how you wish to play.
You can be an arse, or a "relatively" nice guy. I like that.
I only have good things to say, in all honesty.
I'm sure others can find faults, but I didn't go looking for any and very much enjoyed what I got. (y)
In the very beginning, the game felt a bit rough around the edges despite having really good story and characters.
But I think the devs have gotten better and better and started polishing more in terms of mechanics, gui and renders.

So yeah, currently definitely one of my favorite games (my signature update. Previously Love of Magic held that spot, but it got pushed down and DS moved up).

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
This game is excellent. It is proceeding very nicely.

But . . . here is a reminder to the developers, for them to consider.

Some developers get captured by the story that they THINK they are telling.

They write about the politics or the adventure or the quest to find a thing to do a thing to get a thing to find a thing . . .

They forget that the sexual and emotional relationships with the girls ARE THE MAIN SHOW.

The arena scene in the recent update was impressive, and it obviously took a lot of work. But it's the sexual and emotional relationships that are at the heart of these stories.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
The "Main Show" is whatever the hell the dev wants. It may be the sexual emotional relationships but it may not be at all.

This vn is unique and so damn fun! The last thing this vn needs is to abandon what's it doing to be like every other romance or perv fest.

It ain't broke so no reason to fix it...

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
If so, she's only the protagonist for her arc, MC is still the protag of the game. As far as I can tell. Guess we'll see how it develops... (y)
Yes and a lot will depend on how much the focus switches in the future. I understand the player must control Shani for a good portion of the next episode because that is her critically important trial. My hope is after she completes it (and she must! I can't have anything bad happen to my main girl!), we will go back to MC and Shani patrolling the desert together. Those were some of my favourite scenes. As I've said before, if Shani is going to go off on regular solo missions after becoming a Stalker, then that should be saved for a spinoff game, "DLC," or DS part 2.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
The "Main Show" is whatever the hell the dev wants. It may be the sexual emotional relationships but it may not be at all.

This vn is unique and so damn fun! The last thing this vn needs is to abandon what's it doing to be like every other romance or perv fest.

Can this have been said, any better?
barack-obama-shrug.gif
Nope. (y)

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

The building of the game's world/universe and adding layers with different societies and factions are what really grips me even more than the sex scenes themselves (though the sex/lewd scenes themselves are hot).

It would really suck if the devs abandon such incredible aspects of lore and depth of the game they've built, and I'd feel it would be a real downgrade from something great, to something pretty shallow.
I mean if some people are into those kinds of games, that's fine, there's plenty of perve-fest or generic romance games that are around on this site, but that just isn't what I want (and what I think a lot of people who want good storytelling would agree with).

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
The building of the game's world/universe and adding layers with different societies and factions are what really grips me even more than the sex scenes themselves (though the sex/lewd scenes themselves are hot).

It would really suck if the devs abandon such incredible aspects of lore and depth of the game they've built, and I'd feel it would be a real downgrade from something great, to something pretty shallow.
I mean if some people are into those kinds of games, that's fine, there's plenty of perve-fest or generic romance games that are around on this site, but that just isn't what I want (and what I think a lot of people who want good storytelling would agree with).
I want exactly what it's giving us right now...good storytelling with hot women. I think both are equally important to the success of this game.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I want exactly what it's giving us right now...good storytelling with hot women. I think both are equally important to the success of this game.
It's got a good balance going on right now, but the post above (oceanbobo) is saying "focus on the sex and relationship and less on the storytelling.
I mean, sure the arena scene didn't have the sex scenes or have relationship moments with the main girls but it still told a lot of information about this universe;

The Queen holds these events for people's entertainment, we also find out what some people in the stands think of the Queen, and the fighters (the Champion who has got a vendetta against the Queen, and the continuous lines of challengers he slaughters).

Type of info/lore given like above I think only adds to the whole immersion of the universe and shows there's an intriguing world that is beyond just what MC does spending at home or other places with the girls (in their moments).

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
It's got a good balance going on right now, but the post above (oceanbobo) is saying "focus on the sex and relationship and less on the storytelling.
I mean, sure the arena scene didn't have the sex scenes or have relationship moments with the main girls but it still told a lot of information about this universe;

The Queen holds these events for people's entertainment, we also find out what some people in the stands think of the Queen, and the fighters (the Champion who has got a vendetta against the Queen, and the continuous lines of challengers he slaughters).

Type of info/lore given like above I think only adds to the whole immersion of the universe and shows there's an intriguing world that is beyond just what MC does spending at home or other places with the girls (in their moments).
If I recall, correctly, I was unable to skip the animation portion of that. I may be wrong since it's been a while and my memory is crap. But I don't like having to watch shit I'm not interested in. That's my only complaint, though. Otherwise, I freakin love this game.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
If I recall, correctly, I was unable to skip the animation portion of that. I may be wrong since it's been a while and my memory is crap. But I don't like having to watch shit I'm not interested in. That's my only complaint, though. Otherwise, I freakin love this game.
If it's my first playthrough of the game's section, I always watch through all the animation cause I don't like missing out on stuff.
But if it's my second time playing though (e.g. forced restart due to gameplay changes), then I tend to try to skip through it with continuous clicks (and fast ctrl skip through everything until I reach the point in game where new content begins).

Most game I found you can skip through wit one or two clicks.
Don't really remember how it is for this game though.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

I can understand that. I loved that gladiator-esque cut scene and I love the storytelling. Honestly, I think DS has the perfect mix of story and sex. I want both in equal measures. I think someone else mentioned, if it ain't broke don't fix it. I agree. I wouldn't want to see a great shift in either direction.

4.80 star(s) 589 Votes