Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
there is no focus on a specific lifestyle, sexual act or kink. Rather, we like to think that we are depicting a world complex enough to give room to most types of sexual interaction....
Maybe the player's perspective is a little skewed, because of who Zaton is and what he can do, but it seems like women are generally submissive in this game.
I could imagine that "strong" characters like Kyra and Fangs only submit, if they're forced to, which might only be the case, when they're up against the stalker. The queen on the other hand is lesbian, I guess?
Shani I imagine enjoys some status, even though she's not a full stalker yet, because she's shown as a capable fighter. But she seems to prefer celibacy for some reason. The issue is, from what I can gather, that Zaton doesn't want her to be "claimed", but there doesn't seem to be a reason for her not claiming anybody herself.
I think Ain is the only female character shown to use somebody else for pleasure, when she casually mentions that she commanded Emilia to do it.

I wonder if the sex life in Zeta isn't ultimately dictated by the players' preferences. Because, for there supposedly being room for most types of sexual interaction, it seems a little one-sided for now. But I can imagine there'd be some backlash, if it was less one-sided.
For example, even though Ain is made to serve the guests at her house, I can't imagine her being treated in kind, when she's a guest at somebody else's house. Just like it was Igor and not Kateryna, who was getting served.

Last edited:

BigRay87

Jan 15, 2019
So theoretically, if Shani becomes a capable stalker of her own, would it be the norm for her to take multiple men as her harem in the future? The question here is whether or not the power dynamics of their culture are strictly tied to gender or if they're more about social class or role.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
So theoretically, if Shani becomes a capable stalker of her own, would it be the norm for her to take multiple men as her harem in the future? The question here is whether or not the power dynamics of their culture are strictly tied to gender or if they're more about social class or role.
would make it more interesting for sure.

Catherine♡

Mar 10, 2019
From what I've seen so far in the game i would say yes. The society they live in is based on power, the strong get what they want (I'm simplifying of course). For example the queen is a woman and has a harem so I don't see why Shanni wouldn't have her own if she wanted to.
But we all know the man she likes *wink* *wink*

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
I was assuming that that was coming. The narrative so far seems to imply that she will be a playable character soon.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Not in my playthroughs. Shani is my #1 so other dudes in the wasteland need not apply. I assume, like most everything else in this game, there will be options. People like me who don't want it can opt out. People who do can opt in.

Part of the reason I'm not wild about the idea of switching protags is because I have no desire to be first person POv or even third person fly on the wall while my main LI Shani is getting a train run on her by a bunch of raiders. I really hate the idea of forced protag switches halfway through a game after I've already settled on one MC with whom I identify.

Reactions: monk_56

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I was assuming that that was coming. The narrative so far seems to imply that she will be a playable character soon.
Yeah I believe if you play as her you will see the scenes and if you don't you will just not hear what happens like making out with the queen.

I'm playing both especially since half the next update is her experiences...

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
The narrative so far seems to imply that she will be a playable character soon.
Part of the reason I'm not wild about the idea of switching protags is because I have no desire to be first person POv or even third person fly on the wall while my main LI Shani is getting a train run on her by a bunch of raiders. I really hate the idea of forced protag switches halfway through a game after I've already settled on one MC with whom I identify.
Shani will not take the mantle from Zaton on being the centerpiece of the game in such a fashion. You will not ultimately and totally switch characters as the game goes by.
It would make little sense and arguably feel odd for players that have carved their own path for Zaton already.

That said, there are times and places where it makes sense to experience things from Shani's eyes, one notable being the Zone venture.
Shani will be there on her own and you will get to experience that through her own eyes (if you so desire), akin to the scene with the Queen at the palace.
It's a bit hard to go into the details of how and why without treading into spoiler territory, but it won't be "Ok, Zaton had his fun, now it's time for Shani to run the show".

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Shani will not take the mantle from Zaton on being the centerpiece of the game in such a fashion. You will not ultimately and totally switch characters as the game goes by.
It would make little sense and arguably feel odd for players that have carved their own path for Zaton already.

That said, there are times and places where it makes sense to experience things from Shani's eyes, one notable being the Zone venture.
Shani will be there on her own and you will get to experience that through her own eyes (if you so desire), akin to the scene with the Queen at the palace.
It's a bit hard to go into the details of how and why without treading into spoiler territory, but it won't be "Ok, Zaton had his fun, now it's time for Shani to run the show".
Thank you! This is the kind of clarification I've been wanting (especially that last line) for a long time on this thread. I can get on board with that. No worries about withholding spoilers. I don't need to know any more than what you stated here.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Surely she should be able to have some "fun" also, otherwise that's a pretty lame female protagonist...

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
Maybe the player's perspective is a little skewed, because of who Zaton is and what he can do, but it seems like women are generally submissive in this game.
I could imagine that "strong" characters like Kyra and Fangs only submit, if they're forced to, which might only be the case, when they're up against the stalker. The queen on the other hand is lesbian, I guess?
Shani I imagine enjoys some status, even though she's not a full stalker yet, because she's shown as a capable fighter. But she seems to prefer celibacy for some reason. The issue is, from what I can gather, that Zaton doesn't want her to be "claimed", but there doesn't seem to be a reason for her not claiming anybody herself.
I think Ain is the only female character shown to use somebody else for pleasure, when she casually mentions that she commanded Emilia to do it.

I wonder if the sex life in Zeta isn't ultimately dictated by the players' preferences. Because, for there supposedly being room for most types of sexual interaction, it seems a little one-sided for now. But I can imagine there'd be some backlash, if it was less one-sided.
For example, even though Ain is made to serve the guests at her house, I can't imagine her being treated in kind, when she's a guest at somebody else's house. Just like it was Igor and not Kateryna, who was getting served.
It's still a patriarcal world : did you see male sex slaves? Even though the queen has a harem, it's a harem of females. Imagine if the queen was straight, Zaton wouldn't have a male slave to please her if she visits, like Ain or Emilia pleased Ygor.

Shani should be able to have a male harem but we know she won't, even if just an option. The audience of the game are males who want to live their power fantasy

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
To be perfectly honest, the main reason why you guys haven't seen any male sex slaves, is because the circumstances did not present themselves, and we have not been interested in going out of our way to show them, to a degree also to avoid the whole ntr debate from rearing its head once again.
That said, there's no reason why a rich and/or powerful woman wouldn't have a few of those.
In lore there are gay and lesbian couples also, in Zeta, and there's no reason for a society this open to sexuality of all flavours not to have a few male sex slaves as well.
There's no guarantee that you won't see a few pop up some time later in the game, though my personal opinion is that this will not be within the Zaton household. We're not doing the rounds to check as many kink boxes as possible, but if the story organically lends itself to showing other households with a different assortment of slaves, there's no reason not to do it.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
It's still a patriarcal world : did you see male sex slaves? Even though the queen has a harem, it's a harem of females. Imagine if the queen was straight, Zaton wouldn't have a male slave to please her if she visits, like Ain or Emilia pleased Ygor.

Shani should be able to have a male harem but we know she won't, even if just an option. The audience of the game are males who want to live their power fantasy
Yeah, I think it's pretty obviously this way.
I don't think there's necessarily a problem with that. It's just that the vision they have for their game seems a little compromised, when they claim that there's room for most types of sexual interactions, when we know that this will never be the case, just because most players aren't into that.

Many people in this thread have described this game as refreshing or that it pushes boundaries. But a lesbian queen is like the biggest cliché. Especially when she'll eventually be another sub to big Chad Zaton, depending on the players' choices.

Cynicaladm

Oct 21, 2020
Im playng the latest version.
as for everything else, all i did was follow the walkthrough mod.
No idea what the walkthrough mod does to the game. Try playing without.
Yeah, I think it's pretty obviously this way.
I don't think there's necessarily a problem with that. It's just that the vision they have for their game seems a little compromised, when they claim that there's room for most types of sexual interactions, when we know that this will never be the case, just because most players aren't into that.

Many people in this thread have described this game as refreshing or that it pushes boundaries. But a lesbian queen is like the biggest cliché. Especially when she'll eventually be another sub to big Chad Zaton, depending on the players' choices.
Point of order: not a lesbian.
I agree that there are tropes galore in the game.
They're somewhat inescapable. The eventual fate of the Queen will depend on player choices and there's a good chance that one of those paths will lead her into the arms of Zaton. There will also be at least a few paths where this will not happen.
If most of the players will play trying to submit her, that's their choice. Players who will want to make different choices will also be supported. We can't really point and laugh at players for making the most cliché choice of the bunch.
Could we remove that option altogether? Sure, but Z does like to pay rent and we do aim to present a story that really offers some variety in the development of the characters.. And yes, that includes the more conventional paths as well, at least in gaming terms.
I think that people who praise the game for being different are talking about the setting, the fact that the character is definitely far from the standard teenager with a magic dick who has to conquer his housemates from scratch. Is that enough to call it new and innovative or at least different from the average game? I'll leave that judgement call to every player for themselves.

Last edited:

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
also keep in mind, while they're not being used sexually, we do see a couple of male slaves while they're working on Ain's room, so it's not like only women are enslaved, in a different situation I don't see why someone else wouldn't be able use them for pleasure.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020

Is it that terrible to give the audience what they want? The whole "we're subverting expectations" rubbish is so pervasive in modern entertainment. I like that this game is about an unapologetically alpha adult. That is a dying breed in mainstream entertainment and has been threatening AVNs too (i.e. the usual sheepish teenage perv MC who is scared of his own shadow).

I can't tell if you're disappointed that this game is designed with hetero males in mind or if you just want more options. If it's the latter, then I think the devs already go out of their way to provide players with options. If you just want this game to morph into The Desert Adventures of Shani, then that would take quite a bit of work and a shift in focus that would be better served as a spin off or a sequel.

4.80 star(s) 589 Votes