JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
OKAY LAMENSE TERMS there is nothing in the world that can make this game a failure you could stick a pipe bomb up mc's ass have his rock hard erection fly through shani's and ains eye killing them. And if the CREATOR of the game wanted it to be so. End credit scene. It's his work im not qualified to say it's a failure or not.

Second point without alluding to anything you say this is my stance so you can't confuse yourself or take what I say the wrong way. Shani losing a fight is not a failure state of the game because such a thing doesn't exist in the first place it's a failure on Shani's side alone you can accomplish this but dodging right or left or hesitating to finish off someone you should finish off. If you fail to win fight you could say, get a rape scene. You could also be saved by a Knight in shining armor be it male or female and choose for Shani to sleep with them through text-based prompt. Or you could choose her I'm really tired better call it a night.

So, if both those points are me agreeing with you then im glad i changed your mind and im happy we are on the same page. :)
I get it now; you don't know what a failure state in a game is. See in a game there are two states, success and failure (Not good and bad). You are equating failure with bad, that isn't the case. This is what sets a game apart from, say, a novel. Good or bad are subjective, its why a game that is pro-NTR for example would have a failure state where the MC didn't get cucked, you missed the core content roll back and see the success state where the MC gets cucked. Desert Stalker is a game, in that game the MC and now Shani as a desert stalker herself have two basic ends in front of them, survive (the Zone specifically for Shani) unharmed (success state) or don't (failure state).

This is basic game theory and I'm sorry I assumed you knew what I meant when I was using the term failure state. A failure state in a game is when the less desirable outcome is achieved for that game at that moment, for example, when Shepard dies in the middle of a mission in Mass Effect 1. You failed at the goal and now have to roll back. It's a failure state. But when Commander Shepard dies at the beginning of Mass Effect 2 it is a success state in that moment. In this GAME, the failure state (good or bad outcome is irrelevant) is for the protagonist to lose a fight. So, the maker of the game has a choice before them. Present a false choice for the Mc to lose a fight and give a short little scene that most people won't see. Or do what they have done since the prolog. Have the character win the fight and give us a real choice of what to do with the outcome such as killing an NPC or keeping them alive.

Reactions: GetOutOfMyLab

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
She is fighting undead who would eat her dead or alive right now.
MC is still doing survival tactics right off the bat in a 1 vs 3.
Did any a y”all see the training years of any zombie apokolips heroes?
Umbrella corp has clones fighting deadly zombies righ out of their tubes.
I can only speak for myself but what I'm saying would be cool are more missions with both of them and heart to hearts like you brought up before. I don't think anyone is asking for like, Karate Kid style montages, lol

varage

Jun 26, 2019
I get it now; you don't know what a failure state in a game is. See in a game there are two states, success and failure (Not good and bad). You are equating failure with bad, that isn't the case. This is what sets a game apart from, say, a novel. Good or bad are subjective, its why a game that is pro-NTR for example would have a failure state where the MC didn't get cucked, you missed the core content roll back and see the success state where the MC gets cucked. Desert Stalker is a game, in that game the MC and now Shani as a desert stalker herself have two basic ends in front of them, survive (the Zone specifically for Shani) unharmed (success state) or don't (failure state).

This is basic game theory and I'm sorry I assumed you knew what I meant when I was using the term failure state. A failure state in a game is when the less desirable outcome is achieved for that game at that moment, for example, when Shepard dies in the middle of a mission in Mass Effect 1. You failed at the goal and now have to roll back. It's a failure state. But when Commander Shepard dies at the beginning of Mass Effect 2 it is a success state in that moment. In this GAME, the failure state (good or bad outcome is irrelevant) is for the protagonist to lose a fight. So, the maker of the game has a choice before them. Present a false choice for the Mc to lose a fight and give a short little scene that most people won't see. Or do what they have done since the prolog. Have the character win the fight and give us a real choice of what to do with the outcome such as killing an NPC or keeping them alive.
Yea i got that but i just want the choice there is my intent i also hate cope out games theres another game i can't think of the name of but it's ntr without any of the ntr because every Failure state as you say define it is when you get cucked so it's not really ntr it just goes to black screen and you have to choose the non cuck option. It makes the "game" a Kinetic novel and not a visual novel and makes the ntr seem laughable rather then upsetting.
All in all im not a fan of FAILURE STATES as you could progress story beyond you know MC died states. If you wanna add oh shit you died restarts once in a while go ahead but when your entire games based on those it urks me.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
Yea i got that but i just want the choice there is my intent i also hate cope out games theres another game i can't think of the name of but it's ntr without any of the ntr because every Failure state as you say define it is when you get cucked so it's not really ntr it just goes to black screen and you have to choose the non cuck option. It makes the "game" a Kinetic novel and not a visual novel and makes the ntr seem laughable rather then upsetting.
All in all im not a fan of FAILURE STATES as you could progress story beyond you know MC died states. If you wanna add oh shit you died restarts once in a while go ahead but when your entire games based on those it urks me.
So, we both agree that false choices are pointless and a waste of time it seems.

So, the choice you want, as I understand it, is that the Player have Shani at some point lose a fight on purpose basically (choosing to dodge right instead of left as your example put forward) and have her get raped and left behind (because she's a woman and it okay for that to happen to her while not her father). Then, because of that a whole new, multi-scene subplot is generated of her coming to grips with that moment AND her father being presented with how he deals with it which again, to avoid no false choices, has significant impact on the story. As a write myself, that sounds like a nightmare web to get into for content that doesn't fit the character of Shani (who has been set up as the kind of person who would kill herself before letting herself get raped in my opinion) and doesn't fit the narrative being laid out so far. Not to mention that most people wouldn't see it anyway.

Edit: If that is the choice you'd like to see, cool, this post was not meant to be a judgment or attack. I'm just trying to wrap up this interesting discussion cleanly with both of us knowing were the other stands and what the other is trying to say.

varage

Jun 26, 2019
So, we both agree that false choices are pointless and a waste of time it seems.

So, the choice you want, as I understand it, is that the Player have Shani at some point lose a fight on purpose basically (choosing to dodge right instead of left as your example put forward) and have her get raped and left behind (because she's a woman and it okay for that to happen to her while not her father). Then, because of that a whole new, multi-scene subplot is generated of her coming to grips with that moment AND her father being presented with how he deals with it which again, to avoid no false choices, has significant impact on the story. As a write myself, that sounds like a nightmare web to get into for content that doesn't fit the character of Shani (who has been set up as the kind of person who would kill herself before letting herself get raped in my opinion) and doesn't fit the narrative being laid out so far. Not to mention that most people wouldn't see it anyway.

Edit: If that is the choice you'd like to see, cool, this post was not meant to be a judgment or attack. I'm just trying to wrap up this interesting discussion cleanly with both of us knowing were the other stands and what the other is trying to say.
Well yes but the kill herself before getting raped doesn't sit well with me because. To actually want to kill yourself you have to have nothing to live for she does have something to live for her family and rape is just that you dont have a choice in the matter.
I also don't see Shani as someone who would stab herself in the throat to avoid getting raped because she strikes me as the never give up type. Also i don't really care to much about the rape option the one im more into would be the knight in shining armor. M/F version. You know one night stand in the Zone the zone that is ment as a comming of age and finding yourself.
What we know of Shani pales in comparison with what we should find out about Shani in the next few coming updates.
Suprisingly enough im not into rape the only reason i can stomache the Asha scene the way I do is because she likes it. If she didn't i'd avoid it like the pleague.
Her of course either being rescued by someone or rescuing someone depending on if you have Shani help or Shani self up.
Surprisingly i'd do opposite though Shani help being her rescuing someone and Shani self her being rescued.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: JoeTheMC84

berny

Jun 8, 2017
This is all too complicated for my taste. :cool:

Should Shani have the possibility to have sex during her mission (whatever type), I'm certainly gonna take it. I trust the devs to only include scenarios that make sense though, they haven't disappointed so far.

That said, I really don't think an actual rape will happen. This game is trying to tell a believable story while still being sexy. The consequences of something so horrible happening would totally ruin the rest of the game, because you can't just return to normal, at least when you aspire to maintain some credibility. And this game definitely does that compared to many other games.

I wouldn't mind some more dubious content (is that the right word?) with Shani though. After all, a big appeal of the game is that it's a lot more "hardcore" than your usual fake incest story. Optional of course.

Last edited:

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Power Vacuum? :unsure:
Yes, (aside from PV which is an excellent game) I'm also not a great fan of game overs/load save when the player chooses the "incorrect" path. I mean, that is fine with first person shooters (reviving after killed) and things like that, but it is annoying in visual novels where choices are primarily based upon relationships. I'm happy with the current format of Desert Stalker. The smart game design alleviates any concerns I might normally have with some aspects of the game (ex. making questionable content optional, avoidable protag switch, sand box elements without grind, etc.).

varage

Jun 26, 2019
This game is amazing and i love it and wouldn't change a thing tbh Its my second favorite after being a dik. And I can't wait for the next update.

• Wow
Reactions: Jeancul

varage

Jun 26, 2019
There is one question i have to ask myself though I wonder if you're gunna be able to hit the 6th one in the banner anytime soon. Your ex-masters wife.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
There is one question i have to ask myself though I wonder if you're gunna be able to hit the 6th one in the banner anytime soon. Your ex-masters wife.
:oops: Wow, I haven't looked at the page 1 preview shots in a while. They are different from what I remember but really good selections. :love:
And yes, hopefully so. the masked lady has a rockin' bod from what I remember.

fortuna95

Lezz kiss for peace!
Donor
Feb 7, 2018
1642970488654.jpeg
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev update 23.01.2021

Time flies and January almost comes to a close again. The development of the new scenes is going well, but this week I would like to share something I have been working on slowly during the past updates.

The Queen's palace always looked weird and flat and the backdrop felt as if Willy Wonka had puked colours on a child's design. Back then however, I didn't have the knowledge to turn existing props into something better. Now, since every update so far had at least one little scene that got a rework, this time around, rework will be focused on the Queen's palace.

Since we not only visited the Queen twice in her throne room but also will do again in the future, I decided to give the room a tune-up fitting for a Queen that is celebrated with a godlike status in a city that has been accumulating wealth for 400 years. Gold, gleam and glitter feels appropriate for a young girl who was raised to become the single most powerful person in Zeta, further underscoring the immense divide between the wealth and stability achieved by Zeta compared to the rival cities and settlements in the region.

In other news, the results are in on the polls about the music settings, and I am happy to see that it supports and my efforts in trying to find the right tunes for every update!
Until next week!

Progress:
Kitchen scenes: 80%
(More to follow...)

Catherine♡

Mar 10, 2019
View attachment 1612849
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev update 23.01.2021

Time flies and January almost comes to a close again. The development of the new scenes is going well, but this week I would like to share something I have been working on slowly during the past updates.

The Queen's palace always looked weird and flat and the backdrop felt as if Willy Wonka had puked colours on a child's design. Back then however, I didn't have the knowledge to turn existing props into something better. Now, since every update so far had at least one little scene that got a rework, this time around, rework will be focused on the Queen's palace.

Since we not only visited the Queen twice in her throne room but also will do again in the future, I decided to give the room a tune-up fitting for a Queen that is celebrated with a godlike status in a city that has been accumulating wealth for 400 years. Gold, gleam and glitter feels appropriate for a young girl who was raised to become the single most powerful person in Zeta, further underscoring the immense divide between the wealth and stability achieved by Zeta compared to the rival cities and settlements in the region.

In other news, the results are in on the polls about the music settings, and I am happy to see that it supports and my efforts in trying to find the right tunes for every update!
Until next week!

Progress:
(More to follow...)
Thanks for the quick update fortuna, you never disappoint us!

The first thing I noticed and i liked is that the rework is not only changing the environment but also is improving the queen's body. The scene also looks quite dark too which fits the game perfectly, good job team.

Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Thanks for the quick update fortuna, you never disappoint us!

The first thing I noticed and i liked is that the rework is not only changing the environment but also is improving the queen's body. The scene also looks quite dark too which fits the game perfectly, good job team.
Queen looking good. She has been cranking out the stomach crunches between episodes. You could wash your laundry on those abs :whistle:

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
I like the new palace rework, i agree it looked something like lego or a child playground.
But im not sure about the Queens new look, kinda looks older if you ask me.
Perhaps it takes getting used to but i wouldnt recommend changing so many characters mid game so much often

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I like the new palace rework, i agree it looked something like lego or a child playground.
But im not sure about the Queens new look, kinda looks older if you ask me.
Perhaps it takes getting used to but i wouldnt recommend changing so many characters mid game so much often
yeah, I think I'm in agreement. Maybe it's just the lighting there...but yeah, she looks like she's aged.

EDIT: I just brought it up on Patreon. Here's dev's response:
1642982366250.png

Last edited:

Aioto

Oct 31, 2018
I don't think it would need to have an impact in the story, just not being a game over scenario would suffice to make it not a false choice.

As for the queen, I don't know she looks almost the same to me. The abs were there before, the face changed a little and the rest can be atributed to knowing how to work better with the clothes.

Bruno3

May 12, 2020
As for the queen, I don't know she looks almost the same to me. The abs were there before, the face changed a little and the rest can be atributed to knowing how to work better with the clothes.
Everything is more "toned" as he said, basically her body is more visibly muscular and skin detailed.
I just hope he didnt tone the face too much cuz thats how you make characters appear old, they are supposed to have smooth face, something like the previous one had

COOLMASTER

Nov 12, 2019

Until next week!
Progress:
(More to follow...)

GarusNG

Game Developer
Sep 12, 2018
Изменить скрип добавляющий пару оригинальных картинок во время сцены с Айн в гареме, которые постоянно отсутствовали.
С русским переводом(нужно удалить "RUS" и положить в папку game->scripts):

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: Jeancul
4.80 star(s) 589 Votes