Machete

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2020
I have a feeling that ivy will hate you if you join the hive.
I don't think you can fully join the hive. You can only go their way. Having tried both routes i think the supposed 'good' route is to take Mantis away. It's a bitter bite though leaving the other girl behind though.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
I don't think you can fully join the hive. You can only go their way. Having tried both routes i think the supposed 'good' route is to take Mantis away. It's a bitter bite though leaving the other girl behind though.
I mean ivy was in a situation where she was almost eaten by those decayed. Now we're willingly feeding the hive(our prisoners and deads) if we decided to ally with hive. On top of that we are helping repopulate the hive. There's a chance in the future that with enough manpower, hive will be a nuisance. At worst, the hive will threaten all living beings.

JoeTheMC84

Dec 1, 2021
I mean ivy was in a situation where she was almost eaten by those decayed. Now we're willingly feeding the hive(our prisoners and deads) if we decided to ally with hive. On top of that we are helping repopulate the hive. There's a chance in the future that with enough manpower, hive will be a nuisance. At worst, the hive will threaten all living beings.
This is kind of my mind set too. At least with the Decayed, if we can team up with them, you would basically be dealing with just another group of people. Some are decent and some are assholes, but they have different factions so if the current leader is a problem you can work to replace him, and you can reason with them. But the Hive is just that, a hive of cannibalistic monsters, it's basically like teaming up with the mummies. And if they get strong enough, they will have zero reason to work with you and you can't just replace the leadership later with another person who is more amicable. Without meta gaming I don't see a single reason to go with the Hive. Neither in the moment we have to decide to leave Matis or not, nor after the fact when seeing how it shakes out after going back.

Also, for me, neither sex scene was really to my taste. The one at the mutant base left me with a bit of distaste for Fang but it wasn't the worst way I've seen a scene like that done and it was visually very good. The other with the Hive Queen was very surreal and just visually odd to me (not bad, it was a well-made scene, just odd) and bordered on fem-dom a bit more than I like. But of the two I preferred the Matis one to the Hive Queen one.

Neither scene is in my top scenes from the game, they are both kind of meh to me. Unlike the raider sister's scene this update which might be one of the best in the game so far.

Reactions: JenusKudo

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
This is kind of my mind set too. At least with the Decayed, if we can team up with them, you would basically be dealing with just another group of people. Some are decent and some are assholes, but they have different factions so if the current leader is a problem you can work to replace him, and you can reason with them. But the Hive is just that, a hive of cannibalistic monsters, it's basically like teaming up with the mummies. And if they get strong enough, they will have zero reason to work with you and you can't just replace the leadership later with another person who is more amicable. Without meta gaming I don't see a single reason to go with the Hive. Neither in the moment we have to decide to leave Matis or not, nor after the fact when seeing how it shakes out after going back.

Also, for me, neither sex scene was really to my taste. The one at the mutant base left me with a bit of distaste for Fang but it wasn't the worst way I've seen a scene like that done and it was visually very good. The other with the Hive Queen was very surreal and just visually odd to me (not bad, it was a well-made scene, just odd) and bordered on fem-dom a bit more than I like. But of the two I preferred the Matis one to the Hive Queen one.

Neither scene is in my top scenes from the game, they are both kind of meh to me. Unlike the raider sister's scene this update which might be one of the best in the game so far.
couldnt agree more with the mantis scene kinda made me dislike fang

ddfd

Jun 24, 2018
Hive Queen scene had me like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have no idea which path with the hive is the right one, but man am I going to laugh if it ends up that Mantis leaving the hive is how new hives start. So now you've just banged up a monster hivemind species that eats human flesh right in the middle of your base. Good job, buddy.

The raider sisters scene just makes me want to quit being a stalker, leave the family, and join the raiders. Raider path when?

• Haha
Reactions: Nulldev and vendarr
Feb 17, 2022
Hive Queen scene had me like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have no idea which path with the hive is the right one, but man am I going to laugh if it ends up that Mantis leaving the hive is how new hives start. So now you've just banged up a monster hivemind species that eats human flesh right in the middle of your base. Good job, buddy.

The raider sisters scene just makes me want to quit being a stalker, leave the family, and join the raiders. Raider path when?
Why leave the three goddesses at home when you can hopefully just add the hot raider sisters to the home harem? :D

Xypher

May 1, 2017
I was hoping we could have dominated the Hive Queen as revenge, like how MC managed to dominate the Raider sisters and the Queen. Maybe in the future.

Also, I'd rather keep Mantis as an individual rather than returning her as a mindless drone for the Hive.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Also, I'd rather keep Mantis as an individual rather than returning her as a mindless drone for the Hive.
Maybe there'll be the option to have her regain her sense of self after returning her to the hive. Personally, I'd like to see a character for once that's part of a collective consciousness or whatever like this, but still an individual; I feel like whenever a character like this pops up, they're always 100% free spirit or 100% hive-mind zombie, with no in-between.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
Maybe there'll be the option to have her regain her sense of self after returning her to the hive. Personally, I'd like to see a character for once that's part of a collective consciousness or whatever like this, but still an individual; I feel like whenever a character like this pops up, they're always 100% free spirit or 100% hive-mind zombie, with no in-between.
That's basically Legion from Mass Effect.

Also I doubt, imo, Mantis would regain her own individual sense, since bringing her back to the Hive pretty much erase all that by the Queen and reconnected her to the Hive mind with a clean slate.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Also I doubt, imo, Mantis would regain her own individual sense, since bringing her back to the Hive pretty much erase all that by the Queen and reconnected her to the Hive mind with a clean slate.
Well, I got hints that she was still aware of how she was before, because she hesitates if you offer to bring her back out of the Hive, but IDK.

Also, I never played Mass Effect lol.

4.80 star(s) 589 Votes