Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
I'm probably just an old fart out of the know of today's preferred nomenclature/enumuration, but why don't more games just ditch the whole "V 0.0015" nonsense and stick to integers? I mean let's be honest, the majority of games never make it past their infancy, so it's not like they're at risk of having to write "version 56" years down the road.

WIth my own game I've every intention of releasing a "Ch1" or "Update 1", followed by...wait for it..... "Ch2" or "Update 2".
And when you release Ch1, and the players found a game breaking bug, so you release the Ch2 with bugfix and no new content and all the forum blows up, because "lying dev milking", then you realize why is there an another versioning system :)

PeanutGallery

Nov 24, 2017
Seriously, just use semantic versioning. It works, it's widely accepted, and even if and end user don't know all the details they can still get a general impression of how big a change is.

Each version consists of three numbers: X.Y.Z. The first number is major or backwards compatibility breaking changes, so if you add a new system that prevents saves from working, you'd increment that number. The second number is minor changes, or things that won't break compatibility. The third number is bugfixes that do not add features.

Major version zero is for development before all features are included.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
And when you release Ch1, and the players found a game breaking bug, so you release the Ch2 with bugfix and no new content and all the forum blows up, because "lying dev milking", then you realize why is there an another versioning system :)
Oh I've no doubt a large part of the versioning system is marketing.... though let's be real.... those loud voices complaining about such minutae a) would likely be complaining anyway b) probably aren't funding you.

I'll find out when I release, but I'm optimistic that quality of gameplay can trump nitpicks, whereas the opposite invites them.

Enough off topic from me, let's go back to talking about how this DS update is totally groundbreaking and not at all rehashing boring house-harem tales!

IPsycho

Oct 16, 2018
I have changed my daughters status to slave, now I can do what I want without losing the wife and my inhibitions about incest are gone, just saying this to help those who think incest is not for them. You could of course go for the stepdaughter variant, is hotter I suppose! I also can't get some of my earlier saves to work, but that is no problem, gives you the chance to change some choices.

Gari Fuze

Feb 19, 2020
I'm probably just an old fart out of the know of today's preferred nomenclature/enumuration, but why don't more games just ditch the whole "V 0.0015" nonsense and stick to integers? I mean let's be honest, the majority of games never make it past their infancy, so it's not like they're at risk of having to write "version 56" years down the road.

WIth my own game I've every intention of releasing a "Ch1" or "Update 1", followed by...wait for it..... "Ch2" or "Update 2".

0.0015 just means how much more the dev expects to milk this game by dripping one-two scenes per update

85 time x 3-4 months

25-30 years

ForgotLastusername

Aug 17, 2018
Hey guys, need some help, would appreciate any input.
Ive been playing version 0.14 on my phone(android).
0.15 is out, but not yet for android apparently.
I really want to play, but cant find my saves on android.
Could someone help me locate them, orpoint me to 0.15 android version if its out.
Thanks

kosoyey

Sep 13, 2019
at this pace this game will never end..really..a pity but updates takes so long and add so few cotent that is painful
I feel you. I with the game was made quicker as well. However I develop software for a living and... it's as slow and painful as it gets. Yesterday I spent 8 hours to add a BUTTON! The async script just did not want to trigger. Worse, the button kept only appearing as outtline and unresponsive.

Had to debug it for hours and hours. For 1 damn button.

Imagine having to create thousands of renders, the script and so on. It's a thankless job and I hope the guy is paid as good as I am to endure that.

Nov 1, 2018
Same!
I would love this game to be a very long run, but with more content density! Maybe in form of Seasons.

I'm really into the family in law arc, for exemple, so can't wait to have a full implementation (replayable trips in the city).
But in order to be a structured progression of the game dev, maybe make Seasons with narrative objectives of content creation.

And the more seasons we get, the happier I'll be!

MAGO-DAG

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2023
at this pace this game will never end..really..a pity but updates takes so long and add so few cotent that is painful
No matter how strange it may sound, it’s better than no update coming out at all. The developer always lets us know about the progress of work and teasers, not everything keeps such interest in the game for a period of time. stories are already slowly beginning to be revealed, and there will be even more, glad that there is intrigue and the scenes make us happy ;)

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Same!
I would love this game to be a very long run, but with more content density! Maybe in form of Seasons.

I'm really into the family in law arc, for exemple, so can't wait to have a full implementation (replayable trips in the city).
But in order to be a structured progression of the game dev, maybe make Seasons with narrative objectives of content creation.

And the more seasons we get, the happier I'll be!
So skip 3 updates and then play. You can call that a season.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
No 0.15 version for mac has been released yet?
You can make a MAC build yourself.

Open the PC version, go to the game folder then check script_version.txt, whatever version it says, then download the SDK from here: , then extract the SDK, place the PC versions inside of that folder, then start the SDK. Now you can either play it straight though the SDK or build the Mac version yourself.

easykiln

Jul 2, 2017
Game made me think of a name for Fairy despite usually having a rule to just use default names in games to avoid confusion. Even made me care enough to make a sincere effort. Impressive, but still slightly irrationally resentful there wasn't a proposed alternative in the text that would have been more or less a default name for her reformed self. I named her Fiadh and feel good about it, seems to suit her vibe even though she doesn't come off as particularly irish or anything, and it pays a bit of homage to Fairy even while moving forward, but... Now whenever I see people give her a different name, it'll feel wrong.

Reactions: belisar3
4.80 star(s) 589 Votes