anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
let me know if there are any errors and I want to thank anne O'nymous for their unknowing guidance
Well, glad if i could be of some help.

I'll even continue, this time knowingly:

The line 15 and 16 of your mod have an indentation problem. As it is, they will be seen as part of the if block, and so never be proceeded, since it come right after a return. Just put the lines one level of indentation left, and it will be good :
Code:
        if renpy.get_filename_line()[0].startswith( 'renpy' ): 
            return( lName, abnormal )
        MaxModLS.update( { str( renpy.call_stack_depth() ): lName } )
        return( lName, abnormal )
Note: Like you don't use currentLabel actually, it don't prevent the mod to works correctly.

Also, your MaxMod code is correct, but you would gain in changing the order of the conditions.
Actually you test the text, then the file, what imply that the further the player will be in the game, the higher will be the number of tests that failed before you catch the right one. By example, all the test regarding "day1.rpy" will be proceeded before the line for "day2.rpy" (assuming it's where the player is at this moment) will be proceeded.

If you invert them, you'll limit both the number of test, and the number of lines you've to write :
Code:
        if file.endswith( "day1.rpy" ):
            if text == "No, I want to play the full game":
                return "[gr]No, I want to play the full game"
            if text == "Yes, I want to play the censored version":
                return "[rd]Yes, I want to play the censored version"
            [the other tests for /day1/]
        elif file.endswith( "day2.rpy" ):
            if text == "\"I found an ancient relic.\"":
                return "[gr]\"I found an ancient relic.\""
            if text == "\"I found something. What do I get in return?\"":
                return "[gr]\"I found something. What do I get in return?\""
            [the other tests for /day2/]
        elif file.endswith( "day3.rpy" ):
            if text == "Continue the introduction privately.":
                return "[gr]Continue the introduction privately. [sx]"
            if text == "Kill them":
                return "[gr]Kill them"
[And so on]
Then only the tests relevant for the current day will be proceeded, what will speed-up a little the process.
It also make it that you don't have to test the file for each single test that pass (so less line to write for you), and it make it more clear where the "day2.rpy" part is, what will make it easy for you to correct an eventual error.

I don't know the game (shame on me) so I can't talk on the accuracy of the mod itself. But the mod structure is correct and effectively have no reason to alter the save files or the game structure. Therefore it can works with other mods and will not lead to save incompatibilities.

Reactions: dsnow

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
If you invert them, you'll limit both the number of test, and the number of lines you've to write :
Code:
        if file.endswith( "day1.rpy" ):
            if text == "No, I want to play the full game":
                return "[gr]No, I want to play the full game"
            if text == "Yes, I want to play the censored version":
                return "[rd]Yes, I want to play the censored version"
            [the other tests for /day1/]
        elif file.endswith( "day2.rpy" ):
            if text == "\"I found an ancient relic.\"":
                return "[gr]\"I found an ancient relic.\""
            if text == "\"I found something. What do I get in return?\"":
                return "[gr]\"I found something. What do I get in return?\""
            [the other tests for /day2/]
        elif file.endswith( "day3.rpy" ):
            if text == "Continue the introduction privately.":
                return "[gr]Continue the introduction privately. [sx]"
            if text == "Kill them":
                return "[gr]Kill them"
[And so on]
Then only the tests relevant for the current day will be proceeded, what will speed-up a little the process.
It also make it that you don't have to test the file for each single test that pass (so less line to write for you), and it make it more clear where the "day2.rpy" part is, what will make it easy for you to correct an eventual error.
I would even suggest using a dict with a old/new k/v structure, since the event order is partially non-linear.
Granted, I have not tested it's performance, but it should be manageable since we're talking O(1) complexity here, and it would significantly cut down on the whole nexted if-else bloat.

Reactions: anne O'nymous

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Here is my attempt at a walkthrough mod
Its current as of:
Game version: 0.05

let me know if there are any errors and I want to thank anne O'nymous for their unknowing guidance

PS. this shouldent fuck with your saves because of the way the mod is done, I just change the menues not content so it should be able to work with other modded game versions
What does the green highlight imply? It seemed to me that most of the time it was the choice for the most violent or aggressive (for lack of a better word). How did you select those choices as best? Also, when accepting Fairy the green choice gives Yes (sex scene), but no scene happens when selected.

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Here is my attempt at a walkthrough mod
Its current as of:
Game version: 0.05

PS. this shouldent fuck with your saves because of the way the mod is done, I just change the menues not content so it should be able to work with other modded game versions
Are you sure this is the right choice

fixrapid

Mar 1, 2020

And another one during replay scenes: Gallery -> Raiders -> Asha / Kyra -> Manhandled / Knowing your place

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
MaxMod

I would even suggest using a dict with a old/new k/v structure, since the event order is partially non-linear.
Granted, I have not tested it's performance, but it should be manageable since we're talking O(1) complexity here, and it would significantly cut down on the whole nexted if-else bloat.

Effectively, it would be better.

Either something like this:
Code:
define maxModChoices = { 
    "No, I want to play the full game": ( "day1.rpy", "[gr]No, I want to play the full game" ),
        [...]
    "Enter the ruins on the right": ( "day1.rpy", "Enter the ruins on the right {color=#FFD700}(Second)" ),
        [...]
    "Kill the mummy": ( "day2.rpy", "[rd]Kill the mummy" ),
        [...]
    }

def MaxMod( text ):
        file, line = renpy.get_filename_line()
        if text in maxModChoices and file.endswith( maxModChoices[text][0] ):
            return maxModChoices[text][1]
Or, probably a little faster but not this much, something like that:
Code:
define maxModChoices = { 
    "day1.rpy": {
        "No, I want to play the full game":"[gr]No, I want to play the full game",
        [...]
        "Enter the ruins on the right": "Enter the ruins on the right {color=#FFD700}(Second)",
        [...]
        }
    "day2.rpy": {
        "Kill the mummy": "[rd]Kill the mummy",
        [...]
        }
    }

def MaxMod( text ):
        file, line = renpy.get_filename_line()
        file = file.split( '/' )[-1]
        if file in maxModChoices and text in maxModChoices[file]:
            return maxModChoices[file][text]

• Red Heart
Reactions: MaxMod

JaxMan

Apr 9, 2020
Are you sure this is the right choice
Yeah, I thought that was wrong too. I choose it to just see where it goes, but went back since I saw her eyes change from green to something else (I don't remember the color). When I choose the other her eyes stayed green and got the comment about remembering. Kinda why I was asking above about how the green choice is being picked as best option, as I didn't see it as the best option a lot of times.

vimey

Nov 29, 2020
Yeah, I thought that was wrong too. I choose it to just see where it goes, but went back since I saw her eyes change from green to something else (I don't remember the color). When I choose the other her eyes stayed green and got the comment about remembering. Kinda why I was asking above about how the green choice is being picked as best option, as I didn't see it as the best option a lot of times.
Im just asking because it looked to me if you do nothing she'll trust you more and you can interact more with her im just looking for the best playthrough

Mazewayuta

Dec 2, 2020
:LOL::LOL:Man, that beheading + kissing the head scene with Kyra was pretty fucking metal. The soundtrack is way too good for a smut game.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So I'm quite enjoying this update so far, a lot of new content with unexpected events and very likeable characters (Shani has been my favorite girl from the beginning, but with this update, now Ivy comes as my second favorite).

Just couple of things:

1) I don't know whether it's because I did things out of order, but I went through Kyra's event "Friends in low places" (I chose to deal with her, helping her for the new vehicle) before Ain's punishment scene. So in terms of story, Kyra shouldn't be in that cage (with Friends in low places event done), but she is back in that cage in Zetan's home when Zahra and MC punish Ain.
Perhaps this scene could be changed a bit with the future update adjusted to the order in which the scenes are played out.

2) Two Main Quests still remain active (and not in the "to be continued" state , which signifies end of that content in this update), which are the following:

- Her Majesty
Wait for her next task

- Till Death do us Part
Discuss the map with Shani

Does anyone know how to progress with the above 2 quests? As said in the description, I had the meeting with Abrax, got the map from him, but when I go to Shani's room to talk to her about the map, the only option she has is the workout (that leads to massage).
Also, with the Queen, visiting the palace no longer seems possible on the map.

I wonder if Abrax meet is just the end of the update (if we can't progress from here). :unsure:

Reactions: KaneB.C.

Paz

Aug 9, 2016
1) I don't know whether it's because I did things out of order, but I went through Kyra's event "Friends in low places" (I chose to deal with her, helping her for the new vehicle) before Ain's punishment scene. So in terms of story, Kyra shouldn't be in that cage (with Friends in low places event done), but she is back in that cage in Zetan's home when Zahra and MC punish Ain.
Perhaps this scene could be changed a bit with the future update adjusted to the order in which the scenes are played out.
There's not a strict "order" so to speak. If you can do a certain thing, it's for the most part intended that way (and whether you do another thing or not first).
In this particular case, a part of the scene had a flag set incorrectly, that's why you get that continuity error.

2) Two Main Quests still remain active (and not in the "to be continued" state , which signifies end of that content in this update), which are the following:

- Her Majesty
Wait for her next task

- Till Death do us Part
Discuss the map with Shani
That is all for now, they were just missing the appropriate ending markers. It's fixed in the patch, but it's not a retroactive change.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
So regarding Ivy, what's the difference between the 2 choices "moving towards her" and "doing nothing" when she approaches you in the mutants underground HQ?
I first tried playing without the walkthrough mod, and thought letting her come to me and being gentle with her was the right decision (and when I saw her smile when I touched her hand, I thought it was better than the alternative; where when you move towards her, she gets startled and walks away).

But I'm looking at the walkthough mod, and it seems the preferred highlighted choice seems to be "moving toward her"
So am I missing something, or is there a hidden change (increase in relationship stat or something) that I'm not aware of with that choice? :unsure:

The Witcher

Modder
Jul 19, 2017
So regarding Ivy, what's the difference between the 2 choices "moving towards her" and "doing nothing" when she approaches you in the mutants underground HQ?
I first tried playing without the walkthrough mod, and thought letting her come to me and being gentle with her was the right decision (and when I saw her smile when I touched her hand, I thought it was better than the alternative; where when you move towards her, she gets startled and walks away).

But I'm looking at the walkthough mod, and it seems the preferred highlighted choice seems to be "moving toward her"
So am I missing something, or is there a hidden change (increase in relationship stat or something) that I'm not aware of with that choice? :unsure:
"Moving toward her" will scare her. but if you choose to "Do nothing" this will encourage her to move forward and touch the MC and MAYBE later she will trust you more. I recommend to choose "Do nothing".

4.80 star(s) 589 Votes