Crumbbum

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Could we also ask for some kind of notification once we've seen all the content for a particular girl? Like, is there a point in raising girls' lust once the relationship events are all done?
Yeah, I'm going to have it clearly tell you that you've reached the end of each girls current events in the next version. Right now, it's just represented in the stats screen as "Relationship". If you've got all relationships maxed, then you've seen all the content for now.

lostsoulkdd

Apr 8, 2019
Got an exception on clicking the greyed out event button for the actress and later for Lis third event and now all my saves make the game to force quit.
I can start new though...
I didn't add auto1 to 4 because they were of the new game try

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Got an exception on clicking the greyed out event button for the actress and later for Lis third event and now all my saves make the game to force quit.
The game is actually quite buggy (though not bad for a solo dev/newcomer to Python/Ren'Py/gamedev), you're not the only one to report an issue like this. I've been getting asked to debug it, but I don't feel like taking the time rewriting the entire game (I'm not the developer/author). The game has issues with saves in general. Some can't even get theirs to launch because objects don't deserialize correctly for persistent. That being said, your error can be easily worked around by creating ./game/images/talk/room_li_t2.jpg which doesn't exist (only t1). Use the attached image (a copy of t1). Not sure if you're even supposed to have a t2, your save may be borked for that to begin with.

If you're on Linux getting segfaults (check terminal output) or Windows getting complete CTDs, delete your persistent. This'll allow you to run it again. (Delete persistent inside ./game/saves and wherever your Ren'Py folders are, such as Linux ~/.renpy/DiP-1631004927 or Windows %APPDATA%/RenPy/DiP-1631004927.)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020
got a error when i want at night time to fay's room and then did hang out after affection want up and the only option is roll back after it rolls back like half the options are locked and i cant really do anything

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
got a error when i want at night time to fay's room and then did hang out after affection want up and the only option is roll back after it rolls back like half the options are locked and i cant really do anything
Rollback should never really be used by end users of Ren'Py games. It can break *so much* depending on how the dev wrote things.

lostsoulkdd

Apr 8, 2019
The game is actually quite buggy (though not bad for a solo dev/newcomer to Python/Ren'Py/gamedev), you're not the only one to report an issue like this. I've been getting asked to debug it, but I don't feel like taking the time rewriting the entire game (I'm not the developer/author). The game has issues with saves in general...
Thanks, tried what you said but game still crashes on save load. I guess I will try again on next version.
The problem wouldn't be that unnerving if I still could skip the read text on a new game.
But it doesn't do that, maybe because it is inside the defect persistent file.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Thanks, tried what you said but game still crashes on save load. I guess I will try again on next version.
The problem wouldn't be that unnerving if I still could skip the read text on a new game.
But it doesn't do that, maybe because it is inside the defect persistent file.
The workaround I supplied only applies to people who can't even launch the game or for the part about the missing image. If loading a save gives you a CTD (crash to desktop) then the save is broken, possibly relating to either the save or the persistent. If closing the game, trashing both persistents (./game... and profile dir) doesn't clean it up, definitely save file, then.

Crumbbum

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Clare missing shackkey
I guess I will try again on next version.
These will be fixed in the next version. I might have to release a bugfix, or a new version with minimal new content because of these bugs. When the new version releases, make sure to start a new save. I'll try to add some form of a cheat added to make that easier for everyone.
Was this with v0.1 or with an old save? The "nightend" label is no longer used in v0.14 and I couldn't find any mention of it in the current code.

kuuh

Apr 9, 2021
promising, somes bug (claire's hint => find the ladder then go to the attic), and need better way to follow our progress during the game.

Jul 31, 2020
Was this with v0.1 or with an old save? The "nightend" label is no longer used in v0.14 and I couldn't find any mention of it in the current code.
it was in v0.14 and not on a old save i didn't play the game in 0.1 ... it seems to lock all options on the roll back that dont lead back to where u want before if u keep rolling back .... now it seems to fix if u click on your bed instead of the door at night to go to sleep sense it doesn't have a option screen come up it just puts u to sleep but if u keep rolling back to earlyer in the day the only options u can pick are the same things u picked in the first place and then at night if u click on the door the only path u can take is the same path u took leading up to the error so basically the only way to fix it i found was either restart ( close and reopen or maybe load a save i didn't test that ) or go to sleep in your bed ( tho idk if that would make other problems come up later with it acting weird so i just restarted the game )

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
it was in v0.14 and not on a old save i didn't play the game in 0.1 ... it seems to lock all options on the roll back that dont lead back to where u want before if u keep rolling back .... now it seems to fix if u click on your bed instead of the door at night to go to sleep sense it doesn't have a option screen come up it just puts u to sleep but if u keep rolling back to earlyer in the day the only options u can pick are the same things u picked in the first place and then at night if u click on the door the only path u can take is the same path u took leading up to the error so basically the only way to fix it i found was either restart ( close and reopen or maybe load a save i didn't test that ) or go to sleep in your bed ( tho idk if that would make other problems come up later with it acting weird so i just restarted the game )
There are many issues, such as clickable overlays. Keep reporting, I'm sure the dev just needs you all to continue reporting. :)

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
So from what I read, the content is at the limit based off of the stat numbers? If that's the case I just did an absurd amount of grinding for no reason at all. Also I notice that there aren't any real choices to be made at all. You either watch a scene or skip it and that's that. Even when the player is asked an opinion or a question it's just followed by another scripted response so you are very much just along for the ride of the pre-made MC because when you are give a choice the MC just thinks to himself "is that true?", "did I do that, I can't remember." So the choices are pointless because you can't even mold him a little bit. It's almost like a KN hidden inside a sandbox. It may change later on, and I personally hope it does, but right now it's very linear with almost no story. You get stranded on an island and click around rooms looking for events you have no control over.

I'm not saying any of this to deter the dev, or anyone else that wants to play it but as it stands right now it's just an event hunt that you have seen 100 times before. The grind for the relationships and lust is very repetitive. Especially when each LI has one basic repeatable event. And the "talking" to raise the affection to unlock the lust isn't talking. It asking the same basic questions over and over again. You see the same lines of dialogue 10 times in a row until they are broken up by a unique "event" that you see one time before it goes back the the loop.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
First-time game-developer mistakes, quite common. Drive, technical proficiency enough to develop a game, but little experience. Give'em time.

Crumbbum, I'd recommend the following books (strictly for game design) if you're curious:
  • The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses < Awesome, all around awesomeness. I found this one most helpful.
  • Level Up! The Guide to Great Video Game Design < “Industry Great” and I agree.
  • Video Game Storytelling: What Every Developer Needs to Know about Narrative Techniques < So-so.
  • Fundamentals of Game Design <Useful bits but I don't like the approach in many areas.
I've heard this is okay, but I cannot vouch for it myself:
  • Game Design Workshop
None of those include anything relating to game story development, really, they are strictly for development.

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
First-time game-developer mistakes, quite common. Drive, technical proficiency enough to develop a game, but little experience. Give'em time.
I intend to. I like it enough to be patient I was just expressing my personally experience so far. I really like the MC in this one overall, he's not just another horny creep, but like I said I just wish you as a player had more say in what is happening. I can't get invested into it myself if I am just watching a story play out. It's why I don't bother with KNs.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I intend to. I like it enough to be patient I was just expressing my personally experience so far. I really like the MC in this one overall, he's not just another horny creep, but like I said I just wish you as a player had more say in what is happening. I can't get invested into it myself if I am just watching a story play out. It's why I don't bother with KNs.
Control-issues, eh? If I were more than a debugger/reverse-engineer/etc. here, I'd say the same.

Oh, and Crumbbum, if you need any of those books...let me know. I “may or may not” still have three of them in digital format with no DRM for “educational purposes”. :)

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2020

Crumbbum, I'd recommend the following books (strictly for game design) if you're curious:
  • The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses < Awesome, all around awesomeness. I found this one most helpful.
  • Level Up! The Guide to Great Video Game Design < “Industry Great” and I agree.
  • Video Game Storytelling: What Every Developer Needs to Know about Narrative Techniques < So-so.
  • Fundamentals of Game Design <Useful bits but I don't like the approach in many areas.
I've heard this is okay, but I cannot vouch for it myself:
  • Game Design Workshop
None of those include anything relating to game story development, really, they are strictly for development.
hey, BupoTiling03-Retired,

hope this finds you well.
even though not a game developer myself, I second some of your choices:

1. Jesse Schell's "The Art of Game Design (a Book of Lenses)" — deemed as a bible of game designing, and has fundamental info for those who want to get into the field;

2. Scott Rogers' "Level Up: The Guide to Great Video Game Design" — is indeed an Industry Great written by one of the leading video game experts;

and since your post didn't cover Story Development, I'd add two more publications:

3. Michael Breaut's "Narrative Design: The Craft of Writing for Games" — a book that provides a detailed look at the work of important industry's writers and designers (digital and analog games included) (would be quite useful for several developers);

4. Tynan Sylvester’s “Designing Games: A Guide to Engineering Experiences” — a book that will give the developer/designer and insight on how to create the right combination of game mechanics, fictional wrapping, and story.

• • • • •

thanks for your post;

cheers!

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
hey, BupoTiling03-Retired,

hope this finds you well.
even though not a game developer myself, I second some of your choices:

1. Jesse Schell's "The Art of Game Design (a Book of Lenses)" — deemed as a bible of game designing, and has fundamental info for those who want to get into the field;

2. Scott Rogers' "Level Up: The Guide to Great Video Game Design" — is indeed an Industry Great written by one of the leading video game experts;

and since your post didn't cover Story Development, I'd add two more publications:

3. Michael Breaut's "Narrative Design: The Craft of Writing for Games" — a book that provides a detailed look at the work of important industry's writers and designers (digital and analog games included) (would be quite useful for several developers);

4. Tynan Sylvester’s “Designing Games: A Guide to Engineering Experiences” — a book that will give the developer/designer and insight on how to create the right combination of game mechanics, fictional wrapping, and story.

• • • • •

thanks for your post;

cheers!
Oh, I've tons of books on the story-side of things, I merely felt the mechanics were most important at the moment. ;) I myself can handle engine, audio, visual, effects, design, whole shebang, but not story, so I've tons of books on it (to no avail, I'm too data-oriented, sadly). Thanks for your post, too. Skål. :)

Edit: I forgot to add something for all who hope to dev games or are new devs. Grinding is used in games to stall for a lack of content or skill. Unless it is a grind-type game (Warframe, for instance), don't use grinding elements and keep 'quest-like' stuff simple or players will come to resent not only the mechanics but the game and author, too.

Last edited:
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes