ordos

Aug 21, 2018
I started to play and in a five minutes I see this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I believe the game is in early development stage and not ready just to be played?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Crumbbum, I poked through the code for a while and I see you keep using "show" and "hide". You can use the "scene" statement to call in all of your images since it hides the previous one automatically. Both methods get the job done but for events the "scene" option works better. From my experience the show\hide approach is better suited to loose sprites for say a free roam and not so much for a typical event. Not to mention it will be less work on your end.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Sorry for the double post but it looks like it is an original character by Nomeeo. I don't think its from a game at all. An image search on google led me here.
You can edit and combine your posts, then delete the double. :)

Crumbbum

Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
First-time game-developer mistakes, quite common. Drive, technical proficiency enough to develop a game, but little experience. Give'em time.

Crumbbum, I'd recommend the following books (strictly for game design) if you're curious:
  • The Art of Game Design: A Book of Lenses < Awesome, all around awesomeness. I found this one most helpful.
  • Level Up! The Guide to Great Video Game Design < “Industry Great” and I agree.
  • Video Game Storytelling: What Every Developer Needs to Know about Narrative Techniques < So-so.
  • Fundamentals of Game Design <Useful bits but I don't like the approach in many areas.
I've heard this is okay, but I cannot vouch for it myself:
  • Game Design Workshop
None of those include anything relating to game story development, really, they are strictly for development.
Thanks for the recommendations. When I have more time, I'll definitely check some of these out.
Crumbbum, I poked through the code for a while and I see you keep using "show" and "hide". You can use the "scene" statement to call in all of your images since it hides the previous one automatically. Both methods get the job done but for events the "scene" option works better. From my experience the show\hide approach is better suited to loose sprites for say a free roam and not so much for a typical event. Not to mention it will be less work on your end.
The reason I didn't like using only scene was that it causes a slight delay (while it hides then reshows the text box) that I thought was annoying. Hide/show seems to skip that and keep the text box up at all times. I still use scene any time the background changes though.

Flash Dingo

Sep 18, 2019
How are you supposed to access the night scenes for certain characters? I have the pep pills, but no way to use them to get out of my room at night.

Edit: Just hit a trace back issue with Clair. I assume this has already been reported?

Last edited:
Reactions: Randonormie

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Thanks for the recommendations. When I have more time, I'll definitely check some of these out.

The reason I didn't like using only scene was that it causes a slight delay (while it hides then reshows the text box) that I thought was annoying. Hide/show seems to skip that and keep the text box up at all times. I still use scene any time the background changes though.
And I still have at least three of those, without DRM, too. *cough*

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
If you want the dialogue box to stay on the screen during the transitions you can add these three line to the top of your options rpy. You can change the .25 to whatever suits you it is just what I use.

define config.window_show_transition = { "screens" : Dissolve(.25) }
define config.window_hide_transition = { "screens" : Dissolve(.25) }
define dis = { "master" : Dissolve(.25) }

Then just call your images with "scene IMAGE with dis". The transition will play in the backround and the textbox wont be effected by it. It works for me so there is no reason it can't for you. That is if you want to, your way works as well I'm just giving my two cents.

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
I'm so confused I don't know if I'm playing the game right and the walkthrough doesn't help either just says talk to the girl but doesn't say what choice to pick and I can't get any scene in the Billiards room and the walkthrough says there's a scene there

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I'm so confused I don't know if I'm playing the game right and the walkthrough doesn't help either just says talk to the girl but doesn't say what choice to pick and I can't get any scene in the Billiards room and the walkthrough says there's a scene there
Right now there is really only one "right" choice in the dialogues. You ask them questions and "hang out" to raise the relationship to unlock scenes. I don't see a need for a walkthrough for this particular game but that's just me. The only lewd scene I found in the billiards room was with Ivy. You need to raise her points and read the Hypnosis book in the library 3(?) times then try and make her not want to smoke.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
That is kinda why I pointed out some books to the dev. Great effort, just needs a bit of rework, is all. Had two people ask me to break the code down to determine what does what.

AshramAscendant

Apr 28, 2020
Got an exception on clicking the greyed out event button for the actress and later for Lis third event and now all my saves make the game to force quit.
I can start new though...
I didn't add auto1 to 4 because they were of the new game try
Lostsoul, if you use UnRen to extract the RPA file the fix for the actress is pretty easy.

1. Extract RPA
2. Open game/scripts/talk.rpy
3. Search for shackkey
4. Replace all instances of shackkey with dockkey
5. Profits!

Good luck

Edit: Looks like you will have to do the same thing with the game/scripts/rooms.rpy file as well.

Reactions: Sephi_88

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Sure but my way actually fixes the files to what they should be.
Yeah, but it's easier to simply use console for most of those users. You can also leave RPAs alone and simply overlay the Ren'Py virtual filesystem by creating those files with fixes. ;) Game will use physical ones before RPA ones.

Reactions: Skeltom
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes