Game Developer
Feb 11, 2019
I'm just use the recollection unlock for mini event
and glad I use it
the scene not much interesting

Reactions: Rastafoo

satake81

Jul 18, 2019
Is there a way to patch just the uncensored image to the Jp version, or change the language to Japanese?

baneini

Jun 28, 2017
What an amazing game. Clymenia is the best dev in the business.
The dialogue is great, good pacing and theres no VN like filler to be found. It's very aware of the themes people would expect in a proper corruption game and gives people what they want. Sure it lacks some elaboration on some themes, unfortunate that theres no incest/beast/lolis/gays/petplay etc. Piercings and tattoos were relegated to Amelia for whatever reason.
Some 5 scene routes are cut short or could've been made into 1 extended path with master/slave thing and have real personality development arc on the guy. A character who pushes the girl forwards throughout the game would be good.

Where is the father? Having a family, friends, peers around to reflect on the girl as she changes is great way to add emotional impact to degrading acts as they have consequences with characters who might prefer the mc not do them.

The art is close to being perfect, some poses aren't consistent like standing sideways view and theres not much muscle toning but you can see the finish line from here. One easy way to improve is make the characters look less anime, have realistic hair colors and such and it'll increase immersion. The poses are mostly possible to do irl which is unheard of in a 2d game, how did that happen?

Tying personality changes (slut points) more intimately to story events and choices rather than farming them would be better. Maybe do a 1-7 type ladder where each point is meaningful and has a noticeable change in behavior.

Reactions: Saga89 and Esti

fredoo04

Jun 22, 2017
Man after playing for an hour I can say this game is fantastic. Super great production values. I was skeptical when I saw the MC, but now I'm a believer. I just wish she had a bigger butt, which would still fit her tomboy thing, but I guess that's not a common thing in Japanese media. Regardless, I will for sure be purchasing this on Steam.
yeah we should support the devs we like!
I still can't get over the fact we lost a company like Sogna because of low sales (pre-internet era) and CD piracy

Reactions: Count_Chocula

Ironfistjecht

Jul 11, 2017
Played through it, and I honestly have to say that I really, genuinely enjoyed this game even on a non-erotic level.
The artwork is nicely done, the scenes they chose to go with were great most of the time. I usually get skeptical with Detective games because the devs only rarely care to make you do actual investigating, but Detective Girl of the Steam City nicely implemented that without much trouble. I sat at this game for around... 7 hours I think, so I can safely say for 500mb worth of data this game definitely offers you more playtime than a lot of 2gb games I've played. There are 2 story routes to choose from, the Gangster route and Police route. Both routes generally don't temper with the main character's personality, so choosing either side is simply preference and merely altering the objectives and ending - depending on how you behaved within the game (lewd or innocent) there's also 2 different variations of each ending.

Throughout the game, you get to use Detective tools to make your gameplay and exploring easier. You have NV goggles for sewer sections that you can upgrade to increase your sight (it's dark in the sewers and your vision is limited to around 3 tiles at Lvl1, increasing massively with up to 3 upgrades), a Steamknuckle that deals fixed damage to enemies that usually is higher than your own (unless you never upgraded it) and you have a Hookshot that lets you get on top of rooftops for loot and over rivers to skip some mazes. All your tools apart from the NV goggles drain SP, SP will generally not recharge within the slums and you need to recharge your SP at an SP Recharge station. There's one located within almost every part of the town, even one at the entrance to the Slums to save time... but you need to repair it first. Repairing it costs... I believe 300 or 500 coins, so you ought not to repair this station immediately until you can afford to give up that much money.

Apart from your Detective tools, you can learn a bunch of different things from people within the city. You can learn observation from a fellow detective (never explored that, it supposedly lets you "see more things"), you can learn Allure from a prostitute to avoid combat with gangster (basically sucking dick to save HP), Lockpicking to open locked chests, some talking skill to avoid combat without sucking dick, Medicine to heal yourself in combat and last but not least Espionage. Espionage lets you have a percentage chance to instantly kill a gangster if you walk into them from behind. The game is decked with different playstyles to choose from, but I personally just need to recommend learning Medicine Lv3. It literally doesn't matter how bad you are at RPGsif you learn Medicine lv3. It costs 20 TP (not SP) and TP generally recovers above 20 every 2 turns. At Lv3, it restores 500 HP and by the end of the game you'll generally be at around 500-600 HP, meaning it's a cheap skill to use that generally never runs out.

You can unlock these skills with Detective points and you earn Detective points by completing quests and I think also by lvling up.

Now, the negatives... there are a few.

First of all, the Phantom Thief Girl. They made a good call adding a female rival character into the game, but they didn't NEARLY give her enough screentime, scenes or importance in the story for her to deserve being on the cover of the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
That aside, it can never hurt to have more kinks in your game when you're already going down the path of giving significance to a female rival. She could have had actual yuri scenes with her, as the Phantom Thief Girl actually expresses interest in Sophie on a competitive level and she's known (by a scene) to use her body willingly to achieve her goals. Well, there's none of that and quite frankly it doesn't feel intended. It feels like she was supposed to have more impact on the story but was scrapped at some point.

Another issue is that the the Gangster route is without a doubt the most annoying, most time-consuming and most stalled out route. You need to liberate Districts from an enemy clan, every district has 2 areas. You have to clear district A to district I, that makes NINE districts x2 areas forcing you to walk through 18 maze-like areas full of gangsters forcing you to play carefully or conservative. There are bosses at the end of each district, though there's only 2 actual characters posing as the bosses. You're just taking them on under different circumstances every time. Sometimes they have goonies, sometimes they're both teaming you up, etc. Safe to say, it takes way too fucking long.

Would I recommend people to buy it and support Kagura Games for this game? Tough, but I would say yes.
Kagura Games doesn't always hit the spot with their games and often times feel like easy cashgrabs, but they have some good games that try to explore creative gameplay elements and cool settings for their game, like Steampunk in this one. I definitely recommend the game.

Last edited:

Loqic

Royal Jelly
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I agree, the phantom thief should have gotten a more prominent role and be more part of a main quest. I was surprised when it was all over with just the two quests. A lot of wasted potential.
Speaking of potential. "Phantom thief of the steam city" as their next game? :D

Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
can anyone help I'm stuck on finding a dust filter on the mask quest for the doctor
Talk to the shop keepers, and bartenders and you'll be pointed in the right direction, you can also do the quests for Dr. Wise, upper right area of the city map just go by all the doors and some guy will run out screaming, the 2nd quest in that line will get you another mask but you'll still have to talk to find it.

WildCookie

Sep 2, 2017
Sophie's cute. I can dig it.

Dunno why anyone has to lie. We all remember the great gnoming of 1876. Lost good shotas to the plague that year. That and there's a comment on LG that worries me.

So all that really needs to happen for Kagura games to start altering/removing scenes/CGs is for Steam to have another one of it's conniptions. Gonna be real witcha, not feeling too confident in Kagura right now. Steam opening up to hentai was a mistake. Selling on Steam is a mistake. Stop it.

Back on topic: Does anyone know how to continue the photographer's quest line? I can't get him to take anymore pictures of Sophie.
I don't understand, are calling me a liar? If its the case, I'd like to know why.
I (sadly)own Dark Elf (also the DLsite uncensor patch) on Steam and not only the translation suck, their support is inexistent and they also broke the game mechanics. You can't advance it w/o changing languages on some parts of the game.

Suryujin

Oct 6, 2017
Is it just me, or is the "virgin restoration" in the recollection room not working?

Her "first" was a brothel customer, so after restoring her for the recollection scenes, they should have changed to the virgin ones.

But so far Roberto, Metcalfe and the Quack Doctor got the non-virgin one. The Doc even says that her hymen is gone and that she got around, even though I've specifically restored her virginity before replaying them. Switching once more and replaying a scene (Q.D.) still leaves it at the non-virgin one.

Edit:
Where do I train lock picking skills? Is it before the jewel heist or after?
In the gang hideout, upper floor, east room. The left one trains lockpicking and the right one espionage. You might have to free the District A first, though.

Last edited:

anonymous316

Oct 6, 2017
Is it just me, or is the "virgin restoration" in the recollection room not working?

Her "first" was a brothel customer, so after restoring her for the recollection scenes, they should have changed to the virgin ones.
It is a known issue and will be fixed in the next patch I believe.

TacoTea

Jun 17, 2017
Anyone know if the scenes in this game are from missions as well or only from being defeated>??

4.40 star(s) 83 Votes