JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
Does someone know how to do samantha path i got an option buth cant click on the your'e still beautiful tab
Highly suggest you get the Walkthrough D/L. Will save you headaches for choices if you don't want to miss anything. Though you'll most likely have to start over, cuz you've messed up some choices before all that. Thus it's locked out.

Jul 16, 2018
I'm currently reading Monster College. I definitely love the diverse types of mythical characters with actually interesting storylines. Is this VN sort of like that as well?

Reactions: monk_56

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
Is this VN sort of like that as well?
It is a good deal less whimsical due to being more of a gritty blood & crime setting instead of a school.
And the mythicals are acting less 'classic' monster movie, since they are dealing with living (mostly) open among humans here.
That aside yeah, you will probably enjoy it.
Would be awesome if we could choose what spell/powers to train like the werwolf traits in Monster College btw.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
I'm currently reading Monster College. I definitely love the diverse types of mythical characters with actually interesting storylines. Is this VN sort of like that as well?
There are definitely enough commonalities that that most players who like one of the titles would like the other as well. DN does characters better- they are more realistic. It is grittier in general- if you didn't like juvenile or overly saccharine characters I can see someone disliking Monster College. If you reallllllly find animations important that could be a deal-breaker (DN doesn't have any).

DN has a much better / more interesting / more naturalistic harem progression. The one in Monster College feels forced, awkward, and frankly kinda stupid.

DN doesn't really have any monster-guy sex / sex with superpowers (yet)- but based on the PC's power progression that is def in the works.

It is a good deal less whimsical due to being more of a gritty blood & crime setting instead of a school.
And the mythicals are acting less 'classic' monster movie, since they are dealing with living (mostly) open among humans here.
That aside yeah, you will probably enjoy it.
Would be awesome if we could choose what spell/powers to train like the werwolf traits in Monster College btw.
Monster College does do that in a pretty elegant way. I'm sure we will see some of that as the DN as the PC gains some powers- not sure if it will be done in quite as "gamey" as it is in Monster College where you always get a power during training. DN tends to flag things a little more organically- so I can see the PC also just straight up failing to get a power if they choose the wrong pathing ect.

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
To Monk's explanation, I would make an analogy - If what you prefer is wall-to-wall combat (or "sex", in this context) you would probably prefer Icewind Dale, or Diablo (Monster College). If, however, you put more value on character and narrative, you probably would prefer Planescape Torment or BG3 (Detective Necro).

Siwzzi

Aug 11, 2021
To Monk's explanation, I would make an analogy - If what you prefer is wall-to-wall combat (or "sex", in this context) you would probably prefer Icewind Dale, or Diablo (Monster College). If, however, you put more value on character and narrative, you probably would prefer Planescape Torment or BG3 (Detective Necro).
Damn, never thought I'll see a mention of Planescape here of all places (also connected to DN (y)), I'm very glad to see that has not died out yet :D.

• Haha

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Damn, never thought I'll see a mention of Planescape here of all places (also connected to DN (y)), I'm very glad to see that has not died out yet :D.
Being mentioned in the same sentence as Planescape: Torment (even just remotely) is some of the highest praise there is. It might be the best RPG game ever made.

Reactions: Siwzzi

Jove76

Mar 13, 2019
For me games where combat is a part, rather than the entire point, the combat is actually far more impactful. Being invested in the characters makes me actually care how effective they are in combat beyond simply winning or losing (because it is all part of the story playing out in my mind).

I find DN pretty similar, in that regard. Even though there are not a ton of scenes, and they lack animations, I found most of the scenes quite effective. This is a good example of where a lack of animation may actually be preferable - and I always prefer no animation to clunky 2-3 frame "animations", which are only ever a distraction.

Reactions: B2B2 and monk_56
4.60 star(s) 43 Votes