Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
I bring news. BH lives! He had another health setback after he had gotten home and was sent back to the hospital.

He is on some pretty intense meds so doesn't have too many hours of lucidity a day. He asked me to bring ya'll this news.

All the deleted accounts ect were due to him asking his wife to delete some stuff, but not being very clear about what (prob b/c of the meds). Anyway sounds like she went ham on that assignment, ergo hommie going AWOL to the max.
Thanks Monk_56. That is great news! Not about that he is back in the hospital of course, but we were all concerned for a worse outcome.

Honestly, I've had a pit in my stomach every time I visit the thread, ever since a couple of weeks ago, thinking about Black Hand, and wondering what the situation was regarding his health, while hoping for a positive explanation. I don't know him personally, but he seems like a quite friendly dev, interested in the community and in interacting with everyone in the here, and seeing everything go dark and be deleted wasn't easy as a big fan of his.

Here is hoping that he has a solid recovery. I hope, BHG, you come back sometime just to post and give us all a first-hand update after you are feeling better and you have recovered.

Best wishes on your recovery BHG.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I bring news. BH lives! He had another health setback after he had gotten home and was sent back to the hospital.

He is on some pretty intense meds so doesn't have too many hours of lucidity a day. He asked me to bring ya'll this news.

All the deleted accounts ect were due to him asking his wife to delete some stuff, but not being very clear about what (prob b/c of the meds). Anyway sounds like she went ham on that assignment, ergo hommie going AWOL to the max.

View attachment 2882943
That's amazing news. Hopefully noting of mission critical importance was deleted, and that he has a speedy recovery.

Reactions: B2B2 and monk_56

Demiurge299

Aug 7, 2018

View attachment 2882943
whew, glad to hear it. as far as I was concerned, the big deletions spelled doom, so I'm glad to hear that isn't the case, and that even with setbacks he's still on the road to recovery. Power on BlackHand!

Sep 2, 2023
Hey guys, BHG here. I just wanted to make a small status update. You may see me online from time to time on Discord, I appreciate everyone's messages and well wishes. I've tried to reply to them all, so if I missed you, then I apologize for that.

So onto the news, as already announced here, my wife nuked pretty much everything. I'm not sure what I said to make her think I wanted everything deleted, but I must've given her the word. The bad news is that all my dufs and assets are gone. Now, I could redownload the assets but the issue is all the dufs that are gone. My characters and my environments are deleted.

I'm not even sure I could recreate all my characters. I can't remember all the different models and sliders that went into creating characters like Glasha, Kimmy, Maz, and Liliah. They took quite a few tweaks to get right, and I'm not even sure where to begin starting over.

I have to have my next (and hopefully last) surgery next week. After that is over, I'll begin looking at what I'm going to do next. Whether that means restarting DN somehow or starting over with something else. I'll make some kind of announcement when I know for sure.

If I do decide to restart development of DN, I'll keep this thread updated from time to time as my development log. If I decide to start something new, I'll let you all know and I'll answer any spoilery story questions that I left lingering.

Anyway, that's all for now. I hope everyone is taking care out there. Don't neglect your health, it may bite you in the ass ;P

Odlanier

Jun 23, 2020
Hey guys, BHG here. I just wanted to make a small status update. You may see me online from time to time on Discord, I appreciate everyone's messages and well wishes. I've tried to reply to them all, so if I missed you, then I apologize for that.

So onto the news, as already announced here, my wife nuked pretty much everything. I'm not sure what I said to make her think I wanted everything deleted, but I must've given her the word. The bad news is that all my dufs and assets are gone. Now, I could redownload the assets but the issue is all the dufs that are gone. My characters and my environments are deleted.

I'm not even sure I could recreate all my characters. I can't remember all the different models and sliders that went into creating characters like Glasha, Kimmy, Maz, and Liliah. They took quite a few tweaks to get right, and I'm not even sure where to begin starting over.

I have to have my next (and hopefully last) surgery next week. After that is over, I'll begin looking at what I'm going to do next. Whether that means restarting DN somehow or starting over with something else. I'll make some kind of announcement when I know for sure.

If I do decide to restart development of DN, I'll keep this thread updated from time to time as my development log. If I decide to start something new, I'll let you all know and I'll answer any spoilery story questions that I left lingering.

Anyway, that's all for now. I hope everyone is taking care out there. Don't neglect your health, it may bite you in the ass ;P
Finally some good news. Best wishes on your full recovery :giggle:

Demonius

Oct 28, 2018

try running this on the hdd/ssd that had your files on it and see if it can recover them, ive used it befoer to recover files i had on a corrupted hdd, didnt recover all of them, but most of them

Reactions: DickgirlEnjoyer

Majindevil

Nov 20, 2018

You can try a file recovery software had a hdd error last year and my dufs were destroyed but with this old tool i could recover around 190 of 200gb lost files and as long as the files were only deleted not overwritten the recovery chance is around 95%
I used Getdata recover my files pro which is around 20 years old an still works on win 10 but the scan process can take a while (especially on over 1TB drive sizes cause it has to scan every sector for lost files. only deleted files is mostly faster)

Renfield42069

Nov 21, 2022

Hell yeah, my dude. We're all getting there in the end, no need to rush it. Whether you manage to recover the files or not is secondary. Best of luck on your upcoming surgery, hit us with an update if you're feeling generous; glad you're okay.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

88848d2067d622de8e4f314e28dc431a.gif
Very happy to hear from you man!!!!!!

Btw, is your Discord back up? Can't find it......

• Thinking Face
Reactions: S1nsational

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
Yeh. Recovery Programs are a must have in cases like this. Hope you continue with DN and try to recover as much as possible. If you however decide to start a new game instead, i personally might pause my support until it´s a bit more fleshed out since i love DN and specifically subbed for that.

Hope ur getting better soon :)

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Hey BHG, glad to see you are doing better. Your health is the most important thing.

As far as the game, you know, it is what it is. Best to just mourn for a minute, and move on. My personal suggestion is, if you are still interested in making AVNs, just create something new. Detective Necro was one of my favorites here, but you'll never get the characters exactly right without the original files, and you will never feel good about having to redo all the work. It sounds to me like a recipe for frustration and burnout. It will not be a good experience, I don't think.

We all had a good time playing Detective Necro, but if it is gone, its gone. I would try to come up with a new game. Perhaps another game in the same world with new characters.

Sep 2, 2023
well, time for a new wife
Without her I'd be dead for sure. She and I will just call it even. :p

You can try a file recovery software had a hdd error last year and my dufs were destroyed but with this old tool i could recover around 190 of 200gb lost files and as long as the files were only deleted not overwritten the recovery chance is around 95%
I used Getdata recover my files pro which is around 20 years old an still works on win 10 but the scan process can take a while (especially on over 1TB drive sizes cause it has to scan every sector for lost files. only deleted files is mostly faster)
I ran one overnight and I was actually able to get back quite a few dufs! I hadn't used file recovery stuff in forever, I'm surprised at how well it actually worked. I managed to get back like 97% of the characters including Kimmy and Glasha! The ones I couldn't get back were human, and I'm confident I can remake those quite closely.

Most of the environments are still gone, but I can use new ones since MC was about to move anyway. Also, the renpy files aren't there but thankfully my co-writer still has the files.

I think this bodes well for the future of the game!

Glad BHG is ok, but heartbroken to hear this game is dead.
Maybe not so dead now :cool:

Btw, is your Discord back up? Can't find it......
Not yet. Gonna make a new one some time after surgery.

boobsrcool

Apr 1, 2022
Without her I'd be dead for sure. She and I will just call it even. :p

I ran one overnight and I was actually able to get back quite a few dufs! I hadn't used file recovery stuff in forever, I'm surprised at how well it actually worked. I managed to get back like 97% of the characters including Kimmy and Glasha! The ones I couldn't get back were human, and I'm confident I can remake those quite closely.

Most of the environments are still gone, but I can use new ones since MC was about to move anyway. Also, the renpy files aren't there but thankfully my co-writer still has the files.

I think this bodes well for the future of the game!

Maybe not so dead now :cool:

Not yet. Gonna make a new one some time after surgery.
I'M BUSTING!!!!!!

4.60 star(s) 43 Votes