Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoMod progress update #whatever it is:

Good evening folks. Things should progress much faster for SanchoMod now. I have most of the base code done so it's a matter of progressing through the cases to populate all the dynamic code and functions.

Since I've added more interactive guide and I sincerely realize there's a broad line between holding someone's hand via a walkthrough guide and literally dragging them along for the ride, I've coded the "Xtra Info" in the MiniStat to be directly tied to the ChoiceGuide option. What this means is if you turn Off the ChoiceGuide then you turn Off the Xtra Info regarding Quests and Hotspot info (the Current Location stays put as it's helpful regardless of preference imho). An example to illustrate (for those not familiar with SanchoMod) is as follows regarding the Guide toggle Off/On:

With that out of the way I've made the Xtra Info even more dynamic than some of the other "free roam" events in other VN's I've modded taking into account time of day (as is vital in this VN from what I've seen so far). So, the "Quests" info will always let you know what your task is BUT will change color (and even blink when necessary to get your attention) depending on whether the particular task can be done now or not due to some condition (like time of day for instance). To illustrate this note the time of day and the color of the tasks in the following teasers:

And that's just one of dozens of features currently coded into the mod to date. Pretty cool, right? Yeah, I think so too. All of this just because y'all wanted a damn gallery and to do so I had to actually play the VN :ROFLMAO:. Like I said to begin this post, things should progress much faster barring any surprises since I have a solid foundation to progress on. Currently the gallery population is like this (I know, I need to get my ass in gear):

That's it for this wall-of-text post. See y'all next progress update report. Previous update/teaser posts:
Post 4122
Post 4158
Post 4168

Regards.
Good evening folks. Thought I'd give a bit of an update for those that might be interested.

Even though the original outpouring requests was for just a gallery, I've obviously taken things a step further out of necessity on my end. Because of this I've been polishing it as I go so that (if released) those features could be a part of the mod besides just a standalone gallery.

I've now fully completed the first case in regards to the MiniStat's "Xtra Info" (think FreeRoam Guide similar to other SanchoMod releases with those VN mechanics). It's fully dynamic, color coordinated, and of course toggle-able On/Off (uses the stand SanchoMod's ChoiceGuide toggle). This allows complete customization of the experience depending on how much "spoilers" the player wishes to have at hand if information is desired. I've done it in such a way as to give solid hints but doing my best to not just blatantly tell you exactly what to do... this is a design choice to not take the game out of the game. Some folks might disagree with that thesis but to be frankly honestly, I don't give a shit... for me to serve the VN proper I can't strip the game of it's soul, that's just not an option if my work is to support the developers vision (imho).

With that said I'll consider making a new thread for the WIP (work in progress) of the mod and possibly releasing a "beta/testing" version of this early build so you can get a feel of how it works starting a new game from the start (so you have access to the first case obviously). Here's a few of the latest teaser to add to the replied to post, take note of the the MiniStat info in the last pic... this is the meat & potatoes of the pending guide (along with the standards you already are accustomed to being the ChoiceGuide and the stat screens).
I'll wrap up this post (apologies for the wall of text, just trying to lay the cards on the table) by saying I understand many of you will have read my updates and think progress appears slow. Understand a couple things in my defense: I've been working my ass off everyday on other VN obligation I already have which takes me away from working on this, and secondly that this VN is no joke to code a mod on... I'm writing and implementing quite complex code to get all this to work seamlessly and with proper aesthetics which all add up to a time consuming project. There's a ton of hotspots alone I have to account for, not to mention having to evaluate all the things the player has and hasn't yet done. I hope that provides a bit of understanding from where I stand.

Until next time, regards.

fakitm8

Dec 1, 2019
Good evening folks. Thought I'd give a bit of an update for those that might be interested.

Even though the original outpouring requests was for just a gallery, I've obviously taken things a step further out of necessity on my end. Because of this I've been polishing it as I go so that (if released) those features could be a part of the mod besides just a standalone gallery.

I've now fully completed the first case in regards to the MiniStat's "Xtra Info" (think FreeRoam Guide similar to other SanchoMod releases with those VN mechanics). It's fully dynamic, color coordinated, and of course toggle-able On/Off (uses the stand SanchoMod's ChoiceGuide toggle). This allows complete customization of the experience depending on how much "spoilers" the player wishes to have at hand if information is desired. I've done it in such a way as to give solid hints but doing my best to not just blatantly tell you exactly what to do... this is a design choice to not take the game out of the game. Some folks might disagree with that thesis but to be frankly honestly, I don't give a shit... for me to serve the VN proper I can't strip the game of it's soul, that's just not an option if my work is to support the developers vision (imho).

With that said I'll consider making a new thread for the WIP (work in progress) of the mod and possibly releasing a "beta/testing" version of this early build so you can get a feel of how it works starting a new game from the start (so you have access to the first case obviously). Here's a few of the latest teaser to add to the replied to post, take note of the the MiniStat info in the last pic... this is the meat & potatoes of the pending guide (along with the standards you already are accustomed to being the ChoiceGuide and the stat screens).
I'll wrap up this post (apologies for the wall of text, just trying to lay the cards on the table) by saying I understand many of you will have read my updates and think progress appears slow. Understand a couple things in my defense: I've been working my ass off everyday on other VN obligation I already have which takes me away from working on this, and secondly that this VN is no joke to code a mod on... I'm writing and implementing quite complex code to get all this to work seamlessly and with proper aesthetics which all add up to a time consuming project. There's a ton of hotspots alone I have to account for, not to mention having to evaluate all the things the player has and hasn't yet done. I hope that provides a bit of understanding from where I stand.

do what you do best sir
cuz i'm sure i'll be waiting for this.

rodneyeatme

Jul 19, 2017

Just make sure to have it enter "bioluminescence" or some 14 syllable word automatically for the next round of homework. Because who would ever want multiple choice when you can enter scientific terms via keyboard and get dinged for spelling?

Or maybe have the tooltip tell the user to perform a handstand to get a visual riddle if they aren't running a tablet OS.

Don't mind me. You're great and I just want to vent.

ghjghjghj

Dec 10, 2018
This is up there for games I hate that I want to love. So much is good about this.. and it's so utterly fucking ruined by being actively hostile to your time and enjoyment. So many stupid need-to-be-just-right sequences. So much semi-broken shitty hidden item gameplay.

If I wanted to play a hidden item game, I'd go play an actual hidden item game. They're developed for that purpose, with engines that are better suited than Renpy. And I actually want to play one when I'm playing it.

Why do devs think people want to just randomly be forced to play a shitty hidden item game when they're trying to play an adult VN? I don't get it. How did anybody ever think that was a good idea, never mind it becoming a goddamn mind plague among VN devs?

Edit: Holy crap, I see Sancho is arriving to deliver us from the darkness. All hail Sancho!

Honestly, I'll be totally satisfied even if Sancho never finishes it. I can just move on and wait for Sancho. If that takes forever, well, whatever. It's just a relief to not be stuck making the decision of skipping something that *seems* like it should be so good, or facing the pain of actually playing it.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.8.4 beta + IC
Size 987 MB

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

Pixeldrain (if it gives you a .zip, just rename it as .apk)

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Update please

• Angry
Reactions: estrada777

Roseys

Jul 24, 2017
I think the only thing left, as far as I know, was trying to get the Sophia spanking event. curious to know, anyone know of similar games to this? Format wise and the graphics I guess? I really liked the movement that was involved.

I think I'd say I had struggled the most with was the study questions, had to look them up.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

QuickNote:

I'll split scenes in SanchoGallery with appropriate variants. The scene filter can narrow these down for you if you wish. Note that in SanchoVille "Dom/Sub" is from the player's POV, not the alt character's. To oversimplify what I'm saying for example: "Dom" means MC is dominant. I'll even go a step further and do the little things like offer you keywords to consider as exampled below. This all requires more work on my end but makes the most sense to me, so I'm doing it that way. So far nothing has been easy about this project to say the least. What the heck have I gotten myself into? :ROFLMAO:
1663351749265.png 1663351765279.png

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
QuickNote:

I'll split scenes in SanchoGallery with appropriate variants. The scene filter can narrow these down for you if you wish. Note that in SanchoVille "Dom/Sub" is from the player's POV, not the alt character's. To oversimplify what I'm saying for example: "Dom" means MC is dominant. I'll even go a step further and do the little things like offer you keywords to consider as exampled below. This all requires more work on my end but makes the most sense to me, so I'm doing it that way. So far nothing has been easy about this project to say the least. What the heck have I gotten myself into? :ROFLMAO:
It’ll be much appreciated I’m sure.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I keep finding myself at odds here.

There's more than a few occurrences where I keep running into conditional code that is completely redundant. It's odd and quite confusing as I'm not sure if the dev is making consistent mistakes or they were placed as some unorthodox-type of placeholder or bookmark of sorts.

An example with Sophia Peeking events:
Python:
if sophia.affection <= 8:
    mct "Damnit! I think she saw me!"
    jump sophiabr_enter
else:
    jump sophiabr_enter
I'm a bit beside myself as to what is really going on behind the scenes... are some conditionals actually faulty? Has the functional code been accurately checked at all? I've worked on a ton of code in my time but I can't honestly remember a coder writing redundancies so blatant as this. Sure, the above example is no-harm/no-foul regarding the result, but what was the actual result intended to be? What's missing here?

I'm continuing to push forward of course but I can't help but have some doubts I'm working on a solid foundation.

Reactions: HunterSeeker
Apr 29, 2018
I keep finding myself at odds here.

There's more than a few occurrences where I keep running into conditional code that is completely redundant. It's odd and quite confusing as I'm not sure if the dev is making consistent mistakes or they were placed as some unorthodox-type of placeholder or bookmark of sorts.

An example with Sophia Peeking events:
Python:
if sophia.affection <= 8:
    jump sophiabr_enter
else:
    jump sophiabr_enter
I'm a bit beside myself as to what is really going on behind the scenes... are some conditionals actually faulty? Has the functional code been accurately checked at all? I've worked on a ton of code in my time but I can't honestly remember a coder writing redundancies so blatant as this. Sure, the above example is no-harm/no-foul regarding the result, but what was the actual result intended to be? What's missing here?

I'm continuing to push forward of course but I can't help but have some doubts I'm working on a solid foundation.
It's probably placeholder code for an alternate event if you're spotted when affection is above 8. Would be better if there were comments in the code to that effect, but such is the eternal struggle between programmers and proper documentation.

Perniciousducks

Aug 21, 2018
It's probably placeholder code for an alternate event if you're spotted when affection is above 8. Would be better if there were comments in the code to that effect, but such is the eternal struggle between programmers and proper documentation.
This is what I think as well. A lot of the stuff is in progress with placeholders for later as he fills out different systems that will get used for alternate actions at points.

May 5, 2019
I feel like its some error but the Mia pregnancy thing started too early. I'm getting scenes with her in the cafe working even though she's supposed to be in the lab.

4.10 star(s) 172 Votes