voidzone247

Mar 12, 2017
Welp. It would've been nice if you provided a save where the most recent content starts when you break old saves like that...

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Hi everyone, I'm the one responsible for the save breaking.
The game was not in a good enough shape to build on top of it, as jan pointed in the changelog post I pretty much had to rewrite all the functional code and keeping save compatibility would have hindered the quality of the game in the future.

Also if you have some notes and comment about the GUI feel free to post them.

I am playing the new version from the beginning but having problems with the dead. I call her and she agrees to meet at my place but then she never shows up in the tutor menu. I only get a message that I have to deal with the Dean first whenever I click on the tutoring option. I have already been through the getting comfortable with Kara part and was busted by Howard but now Kara seems to have disappeared. Any help?
Noted.
As said earlier you probably need to talk to Chrystal to confirm you dealt with the dean.

It will be clarified/fixed on the next update.

not work have eror
Can you be more specific ?

Im having this problem too, but how can i advance any training when i can´t call any girl to my house during night, and the dean is never in her office, also talking with girls in class has been no use so far too. I was forced to restart my game because the old save was giving error, just to be stuck in a new bug..., there´s no cheat command or something i can use to bypass this or something?Anything but begin again.
There is always command that kind of issue.
But can you PM me a save with that locked state ?
For that kind of problem having a save to replicate the issue is really important since I lack information to address it by your description of it.

If the dean is not in her office, then try calling her and tell me what happens.

Alternatively, does anyone know how to make Chrystal sluttier after she has had her body changed? I can't get her to do any sex acts.

"Netfux and chill." only increases affection, discipline is full and there are no actions to make her more slutty. Is when she become a stripper?
Noted.
It should be adresse on the next update.
You can always bump Chrystal sluttiness in the meantime : "c.sluttiness = 100"

RIP old save again, ok im done
Sorry but as I said earlier you cannot undergo such massive changes without breaking some saves.

Welp. It would've been nice if you provided a save where the most recent content starts when you break old saves like that...
Noted.
But be aware that this update by its scope will pretty unique.
Now that I take care of the code, we hope to release updates more often. Also, updates won't always be content oriented.
The case of an update both content and code heavy should not be frequent.

On a more cynical note, there would have been less people talking about the issues that have to be address if the update bundled with such a save file.
Be assured your suggestion will be discussed.

deadspin

Jun 1, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/home.rpy", line 8, in <module>
  File "game/home.rpy", line 122, in can_assess_girls
NameError: global name 'c' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/home.rpyc", line 7, in script
    |�   |��ݑ�5=>�&О��_̯K�Uf�< � ��G�A3����?����   �����({��}��)ڟVL�"����   ��K)�e��q���I��,w=L��p^�N����łٔNf����N.�H
  File "C:\Users\Sony User\Documents\My Cheat Tables\Lua\DDGame-0.30.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1531, in execute
    choice = renpy.exports.menu(choices, self.set)
  File "C:\Users\Sony User\Documents\My Cheat Tables\Lua\DDGame-0.30.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 855, in menu
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition) ]
  File "C:\Users\Sony User\Documents\My Cheat Tables\Lua\DDGame-0.30.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1919, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "C:\Users\Sony User\Documents\My Cheat Tables\Lua\DDGame-0.30.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1912, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/home.rpy", line 8, in <module>
  File "game/home.rpy", line 122, in can_assess_girls
NameError: global name 'c' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Deviant Discoveries 0.30.0
Tue May 08 02:08:41 2018
This what I get from my old saves and even starting a new game I get put in a loop where I go class and say willing or unwilling and it goes back to MC room and only Look at Phone option only

Cirelc

Uploader Fossil
Uploader
May 2, 2017
Reactions: gue5t

Bellyk Franck

May 28, 2017
Tried the vs 0.30.0 but got a bug at the very begining where MC's stuck at his own house after reading his phone... Some console command to solve the problem? Thx. Otherwise, luv' this game!!! ;)

Deadlyreaper

Nov 20, 2017
that's so annoying that you have to play the whole game again from the beginning, again the saves do not work what's the fuck? again and again the same constantly with so many games again and again it means old saves do not work you have to start a new game and after all that one has already done you have to start over again I like the game but always with the shit that you have to start a new game is total crap

And if I start a new game I can not even enter a name and in the game then player ???? WTF ??

Vampira

Nov 24, 2017
I think I'll give this and the next few updates a miss. I really do dislike having to start a game anew, so I'll see if I can make doing it all again worthwhile.

Halfelf

Nov 23, 2017
So many people pissing and moaning about starting over lol. Do i like to start over in a grindy game? No not really but do i go into these threads and piss and moan about it? NOPE why cause the game is still being made. Should it be fixed by now sure. But it was posted as to why this time it was broke so i am less aggrevated because of it. So do one of two things. Put on your big boy/girl pants and play through again or dont. Me personally i have my big boy pants pulled up and rdy to give it another go. cheers

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Tried the vs 0.30.0 but got a bug at the very begining where MC's stuck at his own house after reading his phone... Some console command to solve the problem? Thx. Otherwise, luv' this game!!! ;)
Can you PM me a save of that issue.
I cannot replicate it with the description of your issue.

that's so annoying that you have to play the whole game again from the beginning, again the saves do not work what's the fuck? again and again the same constantly with so many games again and again it means old saves do not work you have to start a new game and after all that one has already done you have to start over again I like the game but always with the shit that you have to start a new game is total crap

And if I start a new game I can not even enter a name and in the game then player ???? WTF ??
I'll just explain to you why a save break in renpy games.

Saves store variables with their names and values. When you load it restore the variables with their names and values.
Jan the spider is no programmer, he put together a game the best he could but his best was not good enough and on the lest versions randoms bugs started to happen.
Random bugs are the worst kind, you cannot troubleshoot them easily and since you cannot test if a fix really work, it's a massive pain.
So given the situation the choice was pretty easy, rewriting the logic of the game completely to build on better foundation.
That is what I did.

On the inside it's almost completely new. So an old save cannot work.

In the future we may implement mitigation when save breaking happen.

Also be aware that the game story could be lengthen but also widen, Jan the spider has some ambition for the game that he by himself couldn't achieve, but now that I'm working on this project too, the possibilities are now open.

About naming the MC, the game never had this feature so no reason to be surprised here.

Reactions: DigitalDarkness

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
@bazzalini : Talk to Chrystal at school.

Edit: My mistake , it's not a good advice, really, you are in an impossible state. Can you send me your save ?

khorst

Dec 8, 2017
Hey i have stuck with Yuki i gave har green serum in gym but now when i try talk with her in classroom i dont have any option - stuck ;(

ok i get her but now Luna gone :) from gym after gangbang ;D

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes