Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
can someone please help i can seem to do anthing with Chrystal as tutoring is still needed to be accepted how do get the dean back into her office cause i can't enable tutoring plez PLEZ HELP ME !!!!
I cannot replicate the issue.
Can you provide me a save file ?

rahrahrah999

Jun 11, 2017
Am having the same issue as Deadlyreaper - despite having Dean Kara and Yuki enabled to meet at home in the evening they never show up. Save attached.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Am having the same issue as Deadlyreaper - despite having Dean Kara and Yuki enabled to meet at home in the evening they never show up. Save attached.
Do you remember using rollbacks anytime during the tutoring ban events ?

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
so did you fix it? what should i do?
I indeed found an issue in the staging.

Did you got caught with Kara by Howard before giving the slutty clothes to Chrystal ?
That is currently the only I can find to explain te state you are into.

Anyway to fix the current state you are in :
Code:
k.dean_state = 4
c.tut_stop_state = 3
Edit: to be honest, @Synaxis found the issue a while ago, but I was looking from the other end of the issue and didn't got it.

gartal

Feb 9, 2018
I indeed found an issue in the staging.

Did you got caught with Kara by Howard before giving the slutty clothes to Chrystal ?
That is currently the only I can find to explain te state you are into.

Anyway to fix the current state you are in :
Code:
k.dean_state = 4
c.tut_stop_state = 3
Shift + O does not work what should i do?

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Active the console using

Reactions: gartal

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Any good saves anyone? I have an old save but it is not working anymore and I dont want to continue all the way from the beginning.

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Any good saves anyone? I have an old save but it is not working anymore and I dont want to continue all the way from the beginning.
But you would be missing all the spellchecking done in this update :'(

Jellal

Jun 14, 2017
well gg all the codes are changed old saves don't work and shift+o seems to not only stop working but the new cheats don't work in it

Reactions: botc76

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
well gg all the codes are changed old saves don't work
Thanks, I put quite a bit of work that.

and shift+o seems to not only stop working but the new cheats don't work in it
Do you mean I made, totally by accident, the only cheat-proof Ren'py game ?

More seriously, the console works fine once you activate it. And as always with rollback and console command you probably not want to use those two together even more since the rollbacks are currently broken.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
And another game were you can't use your old saves anymore?

And Deviant Discoveries was doing so well on that front so far.

I get that when the game mechanics transform significantly, sometimes you can't help breaking old saves, but were is the problem to provide a save that starts at the point were the last version ended?

Lots of games are doing that.
And yes, I might be just a leech, but that doesn't mean that the people paying you on patreon don't feel as frustrated as I do having to replay hours of content.
Especially considering how extremely grindy parts of this game were.

Reactions: Apostate

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Thanks, I put quite a bit of work that.

Do you mean I made, totally by accident, the only cheat-proof Ren'py game ?

More seriously, the console works fine once you activate it. And as always with rollback and console command you probably not want to use those two together even more since the rollbacks are currently broken.

Man, you seem awfully pleased with not doing a great job programming this game.

gartal

Feb 9, 2018
i started new game bc the codes did not work for me but again story broke
here is save file

Reactions: Muck

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
And another game were you can't use your old saves anymore?

And Deviant Discoveries was doing so well on that front so far.

I get that when the game mechanics transform significantly, sometimes you can't help breaking old saves, but were is the problem to provide a save that starts at the point were the last version ended?

Lots of games are doing that.
And yes, I might be just a leech, but that doesn't mean that the people paying you on patreon don't feel as frustrated as I do having to replay hours of content.
Especially considering how extremely grindy parts of this game were.
As said in my note, this is a transitional period between the old logic and the new one so "anymore" might be a little strong here.

As I also said earlier, making everybody start again is also important when it comes to testing.
Having a majority of people rationally choosing the easy way in a save that we would have provided would have hindered the amount of testing done on the new logic.

So it was even more important not to release any kind of shortcut given the changes. And be assured we know quite well what it's like to play the game from end to end. And while we may not be in the process of enjoying it we still know what it means to start over.

The fact you are not a Patreon supporter was never an issue. If I can be a little waggish at time, I do keep in mind something that I would like to remind you : we don't work because patrons support us, patrons support us because we work. While they share they appreciation by tipping, it is appreciation as a whole that makes working easier and enjoyable.

Man, you seem awfully pleased with not doing a great job programming this game.
The scale of the save breaking of this version is the token of the work of rewrite of the logic. You said yourself you get that.
So then why should I not be pleased by my work if by your own word I "can't help breaking old saves" anyway ?

Reactions: Muck

catamar

Apr 29, 2017
I am stuck in my house, when I try to tutor one of the girls at evening, I can't, and I receive a message : "I should really find a way to deal with the Dean first".
I haven't been able to get rid of Howard, because I can't go to his house, There is no page or place from where I have the option to go to his house. Maybe is that the problem?. Any solution?

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I am stuck in my house, when I try to tutor one of the girls at evening, I can't, and I receive a message : "I should really find a way to deal with the Dean first".
I haven't been able to get rid of Howard, because I can't go to his house, There is no page or place from where I have the option to go to his house. Maybe is that the problem?. Any solution?
If you dosed Kara before giving Chrystal the slutty outfit, it's a known issue.
If you got there doing something else, let me know.

To unstuck yourself and use those lines :
Code:
c.tut_stop_state = 3
k.dean_state = 4

catamar

Apr 29, 2017
If you dosed Kara before giving Chrystal the slutty outfit, it's a known issue.
If you got there doing something else, let me know.

To unstuck yourself and use those lines :
Code:
c.tut_stop_state = 3
k.dean_state = 4
OK. Done. And It's working now. Thank you very much. But I am still unable to go to Howard house.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes