crisbr

Mar 12, 2018
next Game deleted... how stupid a Dev could be ?

When the structure must change, why there ist no new save included with the End Point of the last Version ?
So every User can decide if he is stupid enought to play the whole Game again ?
Bro... to complain he changed a lot in the game improved and finished with the bugs so it has to start again understand first why to start again and then complain anyway this game is so good that I think that only you are uncomfortable to start again no one more complains and once again I say will you help the game in patreon yes you have the right to complain

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
In this version it's possible to play the events out of order, leading to a lock state.

To fix that you need to execute these line sin the console
Code:
c.tut_stop_state = 3
k.dean_state = 4
Not sure if it's still relevant , but the variables show as c_tut_stop_state and k_dean_state in 0.30.2.

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1587, in <module>
ValueError: non-integer stop for randrange()

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------
Full traceback:
  File "game/chrystal_study.rpyc", line 83, in script call
    �J�    ��d�yFSu���(Rz#�Yټzx�G�A���Jq#�}V�b߹Z�Zҡ������"��`5���{�Ƚ豒��*���|�
  File "game/script.rpyc", line 1587, in script
  File "/home/blupblup/Downloads/Games/Renpy/play/DDGame-0.30.2-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 862, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/home/blupblup/Downloads/Games/Renpy/play/DDGame-0.30.2-pc/renpy/python.py", line 1888, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 242, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 198, in randrange

Linux-4.9.0-6-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-9.4
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Deviant Discoveries 0.30.2
Mon May 14 22:33:51 2018
This I now get every evening. The /home/blupblup is on my machine, the /home/tom absolutely not :) After this some more errors when I use Ignore:

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 1588, in <module>
NameError: name 'stripmoney' is not defined

blubidiblub

May 25, 2017
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "game/chrystal_study.rpyc", line 83, in script call
    �J�    ��d�yFSu���(Rz#�Yټzx�G�A���Jq#�}V�b߹Z�Zҡ������"��`5���{�Ƚ豒��*���|�
  File "/home/blupblup/Downloads/Games/Renpy/play/DDGame-0.30.2-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 862, in execute
  File "/home/blupblup/Downloads/Games/Renpy/play/DDGame-0.30.2-pc/renpy/python.py", line 1888, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 242, in randint
  File "/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/random.py", line 198, in randrange

Linux-4.9.0-6-amd64-x86_64-with-debian-9.4
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Mon May 14 22:33:51 2018
This I now get every evening. The /home/blupblup is on my machine, the /home/tom absolutely not :) After this some more errors when I use Ignore:

Code:

While running game code:

I'm getting a similiar error, mine is:
" I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
KeyError: u'stripmoney' "

Finsit

Harder Better Faster Cheater
Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
next Game deleted... how stupid a Dev could be ?

When the structure must change, why there ist no new save included with the End Point of the last Version ?
So every User can decide if he is stupid enought to play the whole Game again ?
I guess saves are the sinew of war.

Someone tell me, I'm not sounding like that when I ask for save when someone is reporting a bug, am I ?

If you consider that starting over is the stupid thing to do, then we must not provide saves.
I mean, I don't think there is much "stupid" people here I would have a good enough volume of testing done.
Even so how would I be able to benefit meaningful testing from that category of people. Oh and don't talk too loud they might ear us, and you know how stupid they are they might not understand that we are superior to them.

Wait a second since you consider me stupid that would that means ...

No seriously, if you want to argue fine but choose you arguments better please.

Not sure if it's still relevant , but the variables show as c_tut_stop_state and k_dean_state in 0.30.2.
I don't know were you see those variables but they are definitely inside their parent object. Hence the issue with rollbacks (issue fixed on the upcoming major update).

Didn't you just add them by setting them before checking their existence ? That is a way more probable explanation that self mutation code. I mean I did tried that at some point, but not on this project.
Code:
--snip--

Code:

While running game code:

That is so goofy.
Until less than a month ago I started working on this project, I never really asked myself any question about the quality of Ren'Py's insides.

I can tell you now that I have one more proof that indeed popularity of a piece of software does not correlate with quality of programming.
And so does for the documentation, the doc of Ren'Py has a non-developer version but they forgot the actual developer version, you know the one with actually useful pieces of information in it, the one that will tell you how to use a method and not just "That method is for that."

About your issue, well, I don't know what I can do really, the issue being in Ren'Py And me having way to much self preservation to delve into Ren'Py's insides. That think is like the warp, and I'm no psyker.
Also I don't have linux operational so if I try something that will be totally blind.

Well if I don't find something I'll put a band aid and kiss, that should suffice.

I'm getting a similiar error, mine is:
" I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.
While running game code:
KeyError: u'stripmoney' "
That doesn't seem to me like the same issue.

Can you give me more informations ?

Reactions: Muck and Q Who

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
And so does for the documentation, the doc of Ren'Py has a non-developer version but they forgot the actual developer version, you know the one with actually useful pieces of information in it, the one that will tell you how to use a method and not just "That method is for that."
Two week ago I started to try some ideas in Ren'Py and know exactly what you mean :(

I get thge impression it has something to do with the payout of money earned by Harley. It looks that the earned money is random? And that goes wrong. May be it's a Linux issue although with other Ren'Py games I've no issues. Don't have a Windows system to check...

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
Two week ago I started to try some ideas in Ren'Py and know exactly what you mean :(

I get thge impression it has something to do with the payout of money earned by Harley. It looks that the earned money is random? And that goes wrong. May be it's a Linux issue although with other Ren'Py games I've no issues. Don't have a Windows system to check...
Yeah that is the issue. I guess that the version of python used on Linux is not quite the same as the Windows one, the Linux one being a little bit on the white-knight side.

blubidiblub

May 25, 2017
Now it is really awkward, now it only happens when either Chrystal or Kara are doing the stripping.
The error when Chrystal strips comes up after she has finished either her normal strip or private dance.
The error with Kara stripping seems now somewhat random, I'm going to test it a little bit tomorrow.

Montkun

Mar 8, 2018
I also received the error with Chrystal that was already mentioned above, but I get this one after every mentoring session with Luna. The Chrystal one is definitely due to having her work in the strip club, which is odd because in the last version (0.30.0) the wasn't a problem there at all.

Anyways, I hope that helps you narrow down the area of code a bit, and you're doing a great job so far on the game.

Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "game/luna_play.rpyc", line 33, in script call
    �v�Hh�!���w�B{PRh�ɣ�����X����_1C�&N������/����x�d�L�CMs���d
  File "E:\Downloads\H-Games\DDGame-0302-pc\DDGame-0.30.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 862, in execute
  File "E:\Downloads\H-Games\DDGame-0302-pc\DDGame-0.30.2-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1888, in py_exec_bytecode

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3.3347
Tue May 15 01:07:27 2018

Finsit

Game Developer
Jun 2, 2017
I also received the error with Chrystal that was already mentioned above, but I get this one after every mentoring session with Luna. The Chrystal one is definitely due to having her work in the strip club, which is odd because in the last version (0.30.0) the wasn't a problem there at all.

Anyways, I hope that helps you narrow down the area of code a bit, and you're doing a great job so far on the game.

Code:
--snip--
I know where the issue is, I thought it was Linux specific, but apparently it's not.
And it's not odd to only see that on this version : now the earnings from the stripclub is based on the girl's sluttiness.

It happen when the girl's sluttiness is an odd number (... so I guess it's an odd issue after all ;)).

Ren'Py's documentation said:
  • renpy.random.randint(a, b)
Return a random integer such that a <= N <= b.
You see it clearly says that a and b should only be integer. x'D

The issue will obviously be fixed on the next update.

Reactions: crisbr and Montkun

Blup Blup

Sep 14, 2017
You see it clearly says that a and b should only be integer
That explains why later when I switched Harley with Kara, did some things in her training and then siwtched again it worked without issues. Glad it is not a Linux specific one...

Blackader

Jun 5, 2017
I cant go anywhere with yuki even after giving her the potion. Any solution?

Edit forget about that , now how to deal with howard?

Montkun

Mar 8, 2018
To move forward with Yuki, you need to text her (no reply from Yuki) and then talk to her in class, you'll receive a few text messages from her the next couple days, then you can start the training her at your house.

For Howard, continue training Kara and after a few days invite her over and talk. Then you can initiate the quest to remove Howard.

4.10 star(s) 58 Votes