GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
yup basing characters on real ppl close to devs is apparently pretty normal...so ive learned.

as for the detective Harris scene. i'll admit i thought the same thing at first cause all we see is her short dispute/argument with the guy then next she's saying all that stuff. my initial thought was she was being forced to say those things as part of a blackmail scenario that usually happens when a crime boss needs a cop on their side. it was only after it was explained that she was a sub that i just switched from seeing rape to "damn i was hoping MC could hook up with her"

and for sure i was like..."SKIP!!!":LOL:

idk i guess it was one of those scenes that came out of nowhere i guess.
It was designed to kinda come out of nowhere....kinda like a little cliffhanger if you will. See, I thought it was obvious there was something going on between Kelly and Harris since a few people actually called it on here literally as we were finishing that scene that day, lol. The end part of that was supposed to be him dirty talking to her expressing his dominance over her. Being on this site and all of the fetishes that people have, I didn't even think that people wouldn't understand what was going on. I thought it was obvious.....so when that whole rape bit started.....to say I was livid would be an understatement, lol.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
It was designed to kinda come out of nowhere....kinda like a little cliffhanger if you will. See, I thought it was obvious there was something going on between Kelly and Harris since a few people actually called it on here literally as we were finishing that scene that day, lol. The end part of that was supposed to be him dirty talking to her expressing his dominance over her. Being on this site and all of the fetishes that people have, I didn't even think that people wouldn't understand what was going on. I thought it was obvious.....so when that whole rape bit started.....to say I was livid would be an understatement, lol.
its scenes like that that make me look at comments before a new update comes out now so im not in for a hell of a surpise. theres another game that got updated recently the really went to hell from what it was before. so yeah sometimes reading the comments helps :sneaky:

but yeah i figured what really annoyed ppl that alot of the update was focused on someone elses POV or story rather then the MC's.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
its scenes like that that make me look at comments before a new update comes out now so im not in for a hell of a surpise. theres another game that got updated recently the really went to hell from what it was before. so yeah sometimes reading the comments helps :sneaky:

but yeah i figured what really annoyed ppl that alot of the update was focused on someone elses POV or story rather then the MC's.
I knew that was a little bit of a possibility that could happen, but I kept on looking at it as it's only a small piece of a bigger pie when put all together. It also went back to my desire to see what was going on with other characters and not be so static. So I could see if someone never played any other part and just that update where they would get upset, but if they played it as a whole from start to finish, would that get the same reaction? As a writer....there is only so much you can do with the main character before it gets dull and repetitive. It gives the MC some time to breathe. Plus, it gives me something to do. Yeah, this is being produced for others to play and whatnot, but I gotta be the one writing and doing the rendering, so I gotta have some fun while doing it, lol. I know people were upset that that update delved more into other characters, but I was really proud of that update with the work both CodeGuy and myself did putting it together, especially when it moved to the resort.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
I knew that was a little bit of a possibility that could happen, but I kept on looking at it as it's only a small piece of a bigger pie when put all together. It also went back to my desire to see what was going on with other characters and not be so static. So I could see if someone never played any other part and just that update where they would get upset, but if they played it as a whole from start to finish, would that get the same reaction? As a writer....there is only so much you can do with the main character before it gets dull and repetitive. It gives the MC some time to breathe. Plus, it gives me something to do. Yeah, this is being produced for others to play and whatnot, but I gotta be the one writing and doing the rendering, so I gotta have some fun while doing it, lol. I know people were upset that that update delved more into other characters, but I was really proud of that update with the work both CodeGuy and myself did putting it together, especially when it moved to the resort.
other games do that also but the amount is so small its like a foreshadowing type deal and not actuallly see how they handle their business. so you can actually see a bit of the behind the scenes with other characters without making it seem like they're another protag.

as for it being repetitive ima have to say its not for the players POV since as far as i can tell no ones complains about the MC having too much screen time.

However i do agree from the Devs POV you'd want to shift focus on occasion.

and lastly im not sure they couldve gotten to that part of the game without playing the rest of it first since in this case thats really where it ends. unless you're talking about when the game is complete then even then some ppl will just get to that point and they'll have to decide to continue or not.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hey Everyone.....good news, on my end....I'm done.....finished the animations tonight and uploaded for CodeGuy to work on.......problem is he's on vacation this week....so probably be about a week or so til this update is completely finished....I highly doubt he's gonna mess with this while away, lol.

And just a question here....I was doing image packs in the past for the game of the girls.....Just curious if that is something people are actually interested in or would single one offs like the Sheena image I did above be better? And if that's the case, any girl in the game you guys would like to see in a one off?

ReturnofPoncho
Glad you got your perspective back on the criticism you got and that part of it was just what I call a "Me issue", things I do not like in a game or that might even trigger me. Not something a dev has to do different or change especially if they fit the story as dev envisaged it. Though the tag romance does attract people who are a bit more sensitive to certain things, the tag corruption and setup of game might have warned them.

Interesting discussion you had with Look-See and let me add one thing to that. One trick and yeah I can understand that may feel counter intuitive with an adult game is have those concerns and lives of others you show center way more about their life and convictions and not about sex as such if want to make them feel more alive. This is a general remark and not about your game in particular and also there is always a danger in showing other viewpoints from NPC that player knows more as Mc and that can break immersion or agreeing with acts of MC. You know like the shouting in movie theaters, do not do that moron. :p

Concerning packs or more detailed, well first what is most fun for you to do. It is an extra you give us, so most will appreciate it anyway except for some overentitled people.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
other games do that also but the amount is so small its like a foreshadowing type deal and not actuallly see how they handle their business. so you can actually see a bit of the behind the scenes with other characters without making it seem like they're another protag.

as for it being repetitive ima have to say its not for the players POV since as far as i can tell no ones complains about the MC having too much screen time.

However i do agree from the Devs POV you'd want to shift focus on occasion.

and lastly im not sure they couldve gotten to that part of the game without playing the rest of it first since in this case thats really where it ends. unless you're talking about when the game is complete then even then some ppl will just get to that point and they'll have to decide to continue or not.
Well, what I meant by when I said about the update, some were treating it as if that one update was the whole game so far. Instead of looking at it as a whole that those few scenes focused on others is small compared to the rest of the game. From a storytelling aspect, whether it's doing this or some of my art pieces or other stories I've written or even games in general, I like seeing the viewpoints of other characters. I get that not everyone is into that, but it's something I like to do because I naturally like exploring human behavior and trying to understand why people do the things they do. Have you seen the show Daredevil on Netflix? I was a big comic book nerd when I was a kid, especially when it came to Marvel. This back in the early to mid 90s. I wasn't a big fan of the movie, but I love the show. I enjoy the Daredevil character and everything he goes through...but he isn't why I love the show. I was never a fan of Kingpin in the comics. Frank Miller was the only writer I think who did him justice, but the majority of writers treated him as every other dumb villain. It might have had something to do with Vincent D'Onofrio's performance, but I found by the end of season 1, I was cheering for Fisk because of how they developed that character and why he was doing the things he was doing. And I do get that maybe for the fans of these games on this site, not necessarily a good thing because you are right, most on here wants the focus to be more narrow and buck when a dev goes outside the lines. It's that reason why CodeGuy and I kinda shifted our focus more toward the audience on OF and explore that avenue since it's not just a niche market there as it is here. I have no clue if we'll do any better, lol. Still trying to figure out some of the nuances there. One thing is for sure, I hate social media, lol. Those are the reasons why I shift to different views. This update once it's totally complete, it will be more MC focused. In the future I'll still shift views, but will be a little mindful of not doing it so much in one update unless I absolutely feel I should based on the story. Which, that was also part of doing what I did to set up things down the line so things just don't appear with no explanation.

Reactions: Look-see and DA22

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Glad you got your perspective back on the criticism you got and that part of it was just what I call a "Me issue", things I do not like in a game or that might even trigger me. Not something a dev has to do different or change especially if they fit the story as dev envisaged it. Though the tag romance does attract people who are a bit more sensitive to certain things, the tag corruption and setup of game might have warned them.

Interesting discussion you had with Look-See and let me add one thing to that. One trick and yeah I can understand that may feel counter intuitive with an adult game is have those concerns and lives of others you show center way more about their life and convictions and not about sex as such if want to make them feel more alive. This is a general remark and not about your game in particular and also there is always a danger in showing other viewpoints from NPC that player knows more as Mc and that can break immersion or agreeing with acts of MC. You know like the shouting in movie theaters, do not do that moron. :p

Concerning packs or more detailed, well first what is most fun for you to do. It is an extra you give us, so most will appreciate it anyway except for some overentitled people.
Thank you for your comment and I do appreciate that. And you are right about the immersion aspect of things. Like I said in the reply to Look-See above your comment, it's something I'll try to be more mindful of and try not to do as much unless I feel it's important to the story.....For the most part, trying to balance that out. As for the conversation with Look-See, I liked the conversation we had. He made some really good points and I hope I at least explained good enough why we chose to do the things we have so far concerning the game. I know in the past my reactions haven't been the best because quite a few people really weren't coming at me as constructive criticism and instead hostility. Or at least it felt like hostility. So of course I got on the defensive, but didn't necessarily make it right.

As for the packs, I personally like doing just a more detailed image instead of an image pack with all of the girls. Mainly, I might not be into doing one image as I am in another one. The image packs I have done, I honestly don't like most of the images because I'll spend so much time doing 2 or 3 out of all of that particular pack and lack on the others because I'm not into them as much. Or not into the idea because it's not translating what I had in mind. Again, I personally prefer doing the one detailed image. I was just curious what others felt.

Reactions: Look-see and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Thank you for your comment and I do appreciate that. And you are right about the immersion aspect of things. Like I said in the reply to Look-See above your comment, it's something I'll try to be more mindful of and try not to do as much unless I feel it's important to the story.....For the most part, trying to balance that out. As for the conversation with Look-See, I liked the conversation we had. He made some really good points and I hope I at least explained good enough why we chose to do the things we have so far concerning the game. I know in the past my reactions haven't been the best because quite a few people really weren't coming at me as constructive criticism and instead hostility. Or at least it felt like hostility. So of course I got on the defensive, but didn't necessarily make it right.

As for the packs, I personally like doing just a more detailed image instead of an image pack with all of the girls. Mainly, I might not be into doing one image as I am in another one. The image packs I have done, I honestly don't like most of the images because I'll spend so much time doing 2 or 3 out of all of that particular pack and lack on the others because I'm not into them as much. Or not into the idea because it's not translating what I had in mind. Again, I personally prefer doing the one detailed image. I was just curious what others felt.
Well I think you gave your own answer. Especially for extra's your fun overrides our likes, though dev fun is always important for motivation. Helps of course I agree on that as well in this case and prefer those more detailed ones over a pack. :p

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GraphicusRex

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Well I think you gave your own answer. Especially for extra's your fun overrides our likes, though dev fun is always important for motivation. Helps of course I agree on that as well in this case and prefer those more detailed ones over a pack. :p
Very cool :) lol

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

One more general remark and then I quit about it, fact you also do other artwork where whole project is shown at once might work slightly against you in this case. Games released as wip is way harder from a point of project management. In a way people do only see that part you release last unless they replay whole game. Last time they played it may well have been three months ago and not all details fresh in mind. That does make it different as when see whole work or updated parts every day or week where it stays way more fresh in the viewers mind.

You mentioned Philly before and if I would say one thing about his work is that what sets him apart of many is how good he is at handling that aspect of the development process making each update work on its own and as a part of the whole game with months between updates. Now with a team in COBD, but also when he worked alone on depraved awakenings.

Concerning the packs, lol we are all selfish up to a point and prefer the content we like, just as long as we do not think that means we have a right to that as well just cause of that. :ROFLMAO:

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
One more general remark and then I quit about it, fact you also do other artwork where whole project is shown at once might work slightly against you in this case. Games released as wip is way harder from a point of project management. In a way people do only see that part you release last unless they replay whole game. Last time they played it may well have been three months ago and not all details fresh in mind. That does make it different as when see whole work or updated parts every day or week where it stays way more fresh in the viewers mind.

You mentioned Philly before and if I would say one thing about his work is that what sets him apart of many is how good he is at handling that aspect of the development process making each update work on its own and as a part of the whole game with months between updates. Now with a team in COBD, but also when he worked alone on depraved awakenings.

Concerning the packs, lol we are all selfish up to a point and prefer the content we like, just as long as we do not think that means we have a right to that as well just cause of that. :ROFLMAO:
You are right when it comes to the updates. And I do totally understand that. And it is certainly on me to put a higher expectation on the player thinking they know it's only a part of the game and not all of it......but really not considering your point of things not being fresh in the mind of the player so it feels like it's a lot to the player when I'm thinking it's not because there is the rest of the game.

Philly does do a great job. There some spots here and there where it does lag, but overall he does do a great job of keeping the flow of his game going. That is also easier for him to do because in both those games, it's a continuous adventure. One event flows into the next making it a little bit more linear and less branching out to different lines. He even cuts to different points of views to other characters in both those games. But he does do a great job in controlling the flow of both those games so it feels seamless. Again, for me, I like the moving parts within the game world and seeing what's going on.

You are certainly right about the preferences for the content we all like, lol.

Reactions: DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
You are right when it comes to the updates. And I do totally understand that. And it is certainly on me to put a higher expectation on the player thinking they know it's only a part of the game and not all of it......but really not considering your point of things not being fresh in the mind of the player so it feels like it's a lot to the player when I'm thinking it's not because there is the rest of the game.

Philly does do a great job. There some spots here and there where it does lag, but overall he does do a great job of keeping the flow of his game going. That is also easier for him to do because in both those games, it's a continuous adventure. One event flows into the next making it a little bit more linear and less branching out to different lines. He even cuts to different points of views to other characters in both those games. But he does do a great job in controlling the flow of both those games so it feels seamless. Again, for me, I like the moving parts within the game world and seeing what's going on.

You are certainly right about the preferences for the content we all like, lol.
Well remember the old saying, you live you learn. Even Philly is not perfect he did rework DA a bit on last updates to make whole game go even better as it did based on the whole of the updates, even if he is good and developing games like these with small teams takes a lot of pretty diverging skills I noticed from a few devs over time and being proficient or even great in all of them takes time and learning from mistakes as you do in any hobby or job, if even possible to master them all.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Well remember the old saying, you live you learn. Even Philly is not perfect he did rework DA a bit on last updates to make whole game go even better as it did based on the whole of the updates, even if he is good and developing games like these with small teams takes a lot of pretty diverging skills I noticed from a few devs over time and being proficient or even great in all of them takes time and learning from mistakes as you do in any hobby or job, if even possible to master them all.
Oh most certainly. I know with my rendering, I keep on trying to improve upon that aspect and get even better than the previous update. I hope that change has been noticeable.

cebs

Engaged Member
Donor
Compressor
Feb 19, 2018
Here's my unofficial android port of Devil in Your Eyes v0.05.1 with JokerLeader Walkthrough Mod

Download

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Also, if you guys want to follow us on twitter @GraphicusR Just started that up recently, so still not too much on there yet. Another way to get a hold of us at least.
ReturnofPoncho

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes