EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Have to remember though, even though you won't be able to romance the tattooed chick for now, she's going to make an impact on Day 3. My question is do you mind a more ensemble cast approach rather than just one POV? Not necessarily play as multiple characters, though maybe be able to make choices for those characters, but see the different POV like we did with Aubrey and Sabrina? I want to have different moving parts so it's not just focused on one character all the time.

ReturnofPoncho
Those are sometimes good, but only to an extent. Too much different POV can be irritating if it's too long, the Sabrina - Aburey scene for example was that. Because we play the game as the MC, most of the story will/should be progressed when he is focus. There's a balance with this, and if that tips over, that's gonna hurt the overall experience, especially when it comes to games like this that we play update by update, not as a complete story. Jump between characters too much for too long, and it's gonna feel like a stall, regardless of the plot importance of said scenes.

Reactions: GraphicusRex

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Those are sometimes good, but only to an extent. Too much different POV can be irritating if it's too long, the Sabrina - Aburey scene for example was that. Because we play the game as the MC, most of the story will/should be progressed when he is focus. There's a balance with this, and if that tips over, that's gonna hurt the overall experience, especially when it comes to games like this that we play update by update, not as a complete story. Jump between characters too much for too long, and it's gonna feel like a stall, regardless of the plot importance of said scenes.
Yeah, but sometimes they are a necessary evil in order to move the story along. And with how I'm approaching this project and all of the characters, it definitely is a necessary evil.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Eh, it's a legitimate criticism. And a whole lot easier to take than what we heard at the 0.01 release. Fortunately for you, most characters are tattoo-free.

-Code Guy

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Just started the game and wanted to share some initial thoughts.
The renders are gorgeous.
The dialog is witty as hell and MC and Aubrey have a great back and forth.
I want to murder both Mr. Kelly and Smecker for how they talk about Audrey. (I just got to the bar after free roam)

This game doesn't have NTR in it, right? Seems like the MC will have alot of competition for all the different girls.
Is it possible to get em all?

Seriously, loving this game so far!

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Just started the game and wanted to share some initial thoughts.
The renders are gorgeous.
The dialog is witty as hell and MC and Aubrey have a great back and forth.
I want to murder both Mr. Kelly and Smecker for how they talk about Audrey. (I just got to the bar after free roam)

This game doesn't have NTR in it, right? Seems like the MC will have alot of competition for all the different girls.
Is it possible to get em all?

Seriously, loving this game so far!
Thank you for the kind words. We certainly appreciate that. Hopefully the Renders will stay at that level of gorgeous :) I think you are the first I've seen that wants to murder Smecker. I feel bad for Smecker now, lol. And there is no NTR. We have the regular line of play as well as what Code Guy and I call the douchebag line. The premise is if you act like a dick you probably aren't going to get the girl you want...at least for the time being. Over time there will be an option to repair that stat if the player chooses. As for NTR, no there isn't. Right now, it isn't possible to get them all....over time, possibly..or at least maybe most. I had an earlier post kinda outlining what we are trying to do with the game. I think it's on page 6 of this thread. Not sure how to link that one specifically for you to quickly go and checkout, so I apologize about that. Jessica was probably my fav character of Babysitter. I threw her in as a nod to T4bbo since it was actually that game that was my first VN that I ever played. Someone actually asked awhile ago if she was a main character in this game. I wish. Would be cool writing for that character and seeing her interact. That would not be cool to T4bbo though. The big thing with DIYE is trying to be different than most games out there. Lot of creators tend to use the same character without changing them much at all which is quite bothersome to me. But glad you appreciated the appearance :) I hope you enjoy the rest of the game and make sure you let us know what you think of the rest of it so far.

ReturnofPoncho

Last edited:
Reactions: The ArcKnight

King Slayer100

Modder
Aug 20, 2018
no there isn't. Right now, it isn't possible to get them all
Then don't you think harem tag is unjustified i am a big fan of harem game but if you can't get all the love interests how is it a harem
And the thing about pov and 3rd person if you make too much of 3rd person then it breaks the flow because you are seeing the world at MCs prospective .

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Then don't you think harem tag is unjustified i am a big fan of harem game but if you can't get all the love interests how is it a harem
THAT is not a bad point. Lemme just go nix that from the list and see if anything else deserves removal for the time being.

-Code Guy

Angeldncr69

Apr 13, 2020
And the thing about pov and 3rd person if you make too much of 3rd person then it breaks the flow because you are seeing the world at MCs prospective .
I think the tag is fine. You guys that whine about the tags always crack me up. He said "Right now, it isn't possible to get them all" What's the point of bothering if all of them are unlocked from the start? Kinda dumb to call them out when this game is still in its early stages. As for the flow, they're doing fine. I like how they do the story. Just because it doesn't fit your liking doesn't mean that others share the same thought. You have to read some of their previous posts to get what they're trying to do here......You guys are doing fine. Keep doing what you're doing.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Guys, please.....We're trying to take care of the tags. I appreciate both of you voicing your opinion and glad you both like the game. This isn't the way to go about things. Lets keep it civil, ok?

ReturnofPoncho

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
Thank you for the kind words. We certainly appreciate that. Hopefully the Renders will stay at that level of gorgeous :) I think you are the first I've seen that wants to murder Smecker. I feel bad for Smecker now, lol. And there is no NTR. We have the regular line of play as well as what Code Guy and I call the douchebag line. The premise is if you act like a dick you probably aren't going to get the girl you want...at least for the time being. Over time there will be an option to repair that stat if the player chooses. As for NTR, no there isn't. Right now, it isn't possible to get them all....over time, possibly..or at least maybe most. I had an earlier post kinda outlining what we are trying to do with the game. I think it's on page 6 of this thread. Not sure how to link that one specifically for you to quickly go and checkout, so I apologize about that. Jessica was probably my fav character of Babysitter. I threw her in as a nod to T4bbo since it was actually that game that was my first VN that I ever played. Someone actually asked awhile ago if she was a main character in this game. I wish. Would be cool writing for that character and seeing her interact. That would not be cool to T4bbo though. The big thing with DIYE is trying to be different than most games out there. Lot of creators tend to use the same character without changing them much at all which is quite bothersome to me. But glad you appreciated the appearance :) I hope you enjoy the rest of the game and make sure you let us know what you think of the rest of it so far.

ReturnofPoncho
Smecker is a witty and likable guy, but i'm territoral and didn't like the way he talked about our friend and Love Interest Aubrey.
Then again, im more then willing to murder the male cast of a VN to ease the competition. lol

I like the VN alot so far, the person who writes dialog is spot fucking on, everything flows really well and each of the characters have a great back and forth.

On the note of Graphics and models, I think you did a FANTASTIC job with the Jessica model, its probably the most beautiful one i've seen so far in the game, Aubrey is good too, she's got a very unique look to her thats appealing. On the other end of that though is Leah, how old is she suppose to be? I thought she was suppose to be a contemporary of Aubrey and the MC but she looks way, way older. Idk, there is also something that bothers me about her face, which is sad as story/dialog wise, she is such a sweetheart. The only other thing that makes me go o_O is Sheena, her model feels a little hash to me? I'm not sure a better way to explain it, she has a very sever look to her but I cannot place my finger on what about her makes me feel that way.

Other then that i'm really enjoying the game. Though I'm sad you took out the harem tag, as thats one of the main factors for me in choosing the game. I'm sure as you guys go there will be options to get more of the girls though from what i'm reading? So i'm not super worried.

You guys do good work, keep going!

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Smecker is a witty and likable guy, but i'm territoral and didn't like the way he talked about our friend and Love Interest Aubrey.
Then again, im more then willing to murder the male cast of a VN to ease the competition. lol

I like the VN alot so far, the person who writes dialog is spot fucking on, everything flows really well and each of the characters have a great back and forth.

On the note of Graphics and models, I think you did a FANTASTIC job with the Jessica model, its probably the most beautiful one i've seen so far in the game, Aubrey is good too, she's got a very unique look to her thats appealing. On the other end of that though is Leah, how old is she suppose to be? I thought she was suppose to be a contemporary of Aubrey and the MC but she looks way, way older. Idk, there is also something that bothers me about her face, which is sad as story/dialog wise, she is such a sweetheart. The only other thing that makes me go o_O is Sheena, her model feels a little hash to me? I'm not sure a better way to explain it, she has a very sever look to her but I cannot place my finger on what about her makes me feel that way.

Other then that i'm really enjoying the game. Though I'm sad you took out the harem tag, as thats one of the main factors for me in choosing the game. I'm sure as you guys go there will be options to get more of the girls though from what i'm reading? So i'm not super worried.

You guys do good work, keep going!
Thanks, man. Certainly appreciate the kind words. I'll try to answer everything you mentioned here.
So I do both the writing and the art. Code Guy does all the coding as well as edits when needed and getting my ass in line when I'm being stubborn about something, lol. He also does a lot more of engaging with you guys here and Patreon. He's much better at that than I am.

As for the models, I'm making some edits as I go. If you've noticed; Mac, Joyce, Leah, Shannon and Det. Harris have all been edited some. Probably some more tweaks here and there as we go. The plan is redoing some of the renders from Day 1. Since it is the first game for both Code Guy and I, we're learning as we go. A lot of the renders were done initially and put in. When we originally released we got a backlash on some of the characters. Aubrey, Leah and Mac being the main culprits. Aubrey mainly because I just did some horrible renders that should have never made it in. Me being stubborn. I'm probably not going to touch Sheena at all since there are quite a few who enjoy her a lot. So kinda out of luck if you wanted me to edit her. Maybe in the future if I want to change it up. For Leah, she's the same age as the MC and Aubrey. If you replay the game, but do the douchebag line, you'll meet her on Day 2 and that's the updated edited version. So let me know what you think about that one if you haven't encountered that one yet.

For the harem tag, it was right to take that away. Eventually the player will have more choices, I just didn't want to throw everything at the player. Plus, I favor being more realistic than not. So I'm not sure if I'll have it where the MC can get every girl especially with whichever line you may take. Kinda want to make it worthwhile for the player to choose different paths, ya know?

Again, thank you for the kind words and encouragment.

ReturnofPoncho

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
Thanks, man. Certainly appreciate the kind words. I'll try to answer everything you mentioned here.
So I do both the writing and the art. Code Guy does all the coding as well as edits when needed and getting my ass in line when I'm being stubborn about something, lol. He also does a lot more of engaging with you guys here and Patreon. He's much better at that than I am.

As for the models, I'm making some edits as I go. If you've noticed; Mac, Joyce, Leah, Shannon and Det. Harris have all been edited some. Probably some more tweaks here and there as we go. The plan is redoing some of the renders from Day 1. Since it is the first game for both Code Guy and I, we're learning as we go. A lot of the renders were done initially and put in. When we originally released we got a backlash on some of the characters. Aubrey, Leah and Mac being the main culprits. Aubrey mainly because I just did some horrible renders that should have never made it in. Me being stubborn. I'm probably not going to touch Sheena at all since there are quite a few who enjoy her a lot. So kinda out of luck if you wanted me to edit her. Maybe in the future if I want to change it up. For Leah, she's the same age as the MC and Aubrey. If you replay the game, but do the douchebag line, you'll meet her on Day 2 and that's the updated edited version. So let me know what you think about that one if you haven't encountered that one yet.

For the harem tag, it was right to take that away. Eventually the player will have more choices, I just didn't want to throw everything at the player. Plus, I favor being more realistic than not. So I'm not sure if I'll have it where the MC can get every girl especially with whichever line you may take. Kinda want to make it worthwhile for the player to choose different paths, ya know?

Again, thank you for the kind words and encouragement.

ReturnofPoncho
Hey no worries man. Not every character model will be good for every person. Like I said, it just looks a bit too sever to me, maybe its the lack of makeup with the cotton candy colored hair? I have noticed that a lot of the female model renders have just eye liner and no eyeshadow and after meeting Sabrina and seeing the change when the eye shadow was removed I think that is it. I can agree with her in character statement that she was wearing too much in the 1st render but the second had none, which also made me sad. I personally think a happy medium would look really good on her. But then again, I also LOVE goth girls so... I might be biased. lol
But these are just my opinions and i'm only one dude so just keep on keeping on with how your doing, i'm enjoying the game.

As for the Harem tag, I rather enjoy harem games and a girl missed is an opportunity wasted imho but I can see you wanting to keep certain girls solely for each of the two paths. Though with the way the dialog is written for the Douchbag path, I can't see anyone actually wanting to play that, because ya, MC acts like a douche canoe when you on that path I'm finding after multiple rollbacks to see what might happen with other choices. lol

I'll check out the douche path just to see the updated Leah model.

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes