GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Hey no worries man. Not every character model will be good for every person. Like I said, it just looks a bit too sever to me, maybe its the lack of makeup with the cotton candy colored hair? I have noticed that a lot of the female model renders have just eye liner and no eyeshadow and after meeting Sabrina and seeing the change when the eye shadow was removed I think that is it. I can agree with her in character statement that she was wearing too much in the 1st render but the second had none, which also made me sad. I personally think a happy medium would look really good on her. But then again, I also LOVE goth girls so... I might be biased. lol
But these are just my opinions and i'm only one dude so just keep on keeping on with how your doing, i'm enjoying the game.

As for the Harem tag, I rather enjoy harem games and a girl missed is an opportunity wasted imho but I can see you wanting to keep certain girls solely for each of the two paths. Though with the way the dialog is written for the Douchbag path, I can't see anyone actually wanting to play that, because ya, MC acts like a douche canoe when you on that path I'm finding after multiple rollbacks to see what might happen with other choices. lol

I'll check out the douche path just to see the updated Leah model.
One of the main reasons you don't see too much makeup on characters is kinda what happened with Sabrina. It looks odd. That was one of the issues with the original Leah model. The make up colors the entire face even if it's just mean for a certain part. Look at the skin tone of her face and then her neck in that original character model. I'm trying to find that medium, lol. Other issue is some of these models are created by me. So sometimes the makeup options doesn't work well because it might be made specific for a certain model....which I hate, they should just generalize it....cause I like Goth girls myself, haha.

And for the douchebag line, I want to add in stuff that just makes life hard for the MC.....so we'll start seeing eventually things happening to him that maybe he doesn't want to have happen, lol.

ReturnofPoncho

• Red Heart
Reactions: The ArcKnight

laflare82

Dec 24, 2018
i actually like this game quite a bit im just curious if we can avoid Aubrey hooking up with the yoga girl? aside from that i like the game and glad its still going.
I just got to were the drank fell on her immediately I came here it's never a good idea for the girl Dev portrays as main LI to be fuqn other ppl wether it be male or female not a good look

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I just got to were the drank fell on her immediately I came here it's never a good idea for the girl Dev portrays as main LI to be fuqn other ppl wether it be male or female not a good look
Well, so far no one is minding it. Especially it's still early on. Plus, we're trying to make this game more realistic than others. We're not having it where every chick falls heads over heels for the MC. Gotta work at it. Hence why there is the regular line and the douchebag line in the game.

ReturnofPoncho

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
It took a hell of a lot of bug-hunting, but it's done.

It was a pain in the ass getting it to cooperate, but I'm pretty sure all bugs have been swatted and all necessary adjustments from the base game have been made. If any problems happen to come up, please let us know! And to all of you who have been waiting for a portable version, I hope you enjoy it : )

-Code Guy

Reactions: Angeldncr69

MangoMeta

Oct 27, 2018
Well, so far no one is minding it. Especially it's still early on. Plus, we're trying to make this game more realistic than others. We're not having it where every chick falls heads over heels for the MC. Gotta work at it. Hence why there is the regular line and the douchebag line in the game.

ReturnofPoncho
You'll hear about it endlessly once you get the ntr tag and not in a good way.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Been there and done that. And we explained ourselves. I'm not doing this anymore. Read the previous posts. It explains everything. If you want rainbows and candy canes, we're not the game. We don't plan on cucking anyone, but again, we want a realistic game and not some bs game where you get every chick with little or no help. Those games are boring and unoriginal. Hey, if that's what people want, that's cool. To each their own. There is plenty of games out there for whatever your taste may be. If people are going to be that single minded and think the worst, well can't help how people are. Only thing we can do is create a game that we like and are proud of. And not for nothing, I call utter bullshit on anyone using the ntr bit as an excuse to bitch and moan. Plenty of games out there have it and are just fine. I just ask before someone comes on here popping off about something, take a few minutes and go through the game and make up your own mind about it.

ReturnofPoncho

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Also, I don't mean for that previous comment to sound as snarky as it might. I'm just being matter of fact and talking in general. I don't want you thinking I was trying to start an argument or being bullheaded toward you. Just stating if we're not someone's cup of tea then there are plenty of other games to choose from, ya know?

ReturnofPoncho

Last edited:

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018

ReturnofPoncho
In regards to a Sabrina/Audrey relationship, I am of 2 minds about it for completely hypocritical reasons. On the one hand, Sabrina is super hot and as long as the MC can get both of them eventually, I don't mind a little Sabrina x Audrey. For some reasons Girls don't trigger my rage for the dreaded three letter word. On the other hand, I know this is completely hypocritical though because I would lose my shit if the scene had replaced Sabrina with a guy, like Smecker or Greenly, but since its a hot girl, i'm intrigued instead of angry.

My personal hope is that you do not include scenes showing our love interests fucking other guys. I think though that if you want to include scenes of the girls with other guys, give the players a way to opt out or avoid that scene.

A good example of this is The Tyrant, one of my favorite games, its fucking FULL of NTR buuuut, it gives you the option to turn that shit off right at the start! So someone like me, who doesn't want any other guy to touch my women, gets to still enjoy the game, keeps his women away from assholes, and eventually murder the rivals to make sure they are mine and mine alone.

That is just my preferences though and an example how I've seen others have done it. Ultimately it will be you're call if you even want that type of content in your game. (my hopes is you don't at all.)

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
In regards to a Sabrina/Audrey relationship, I am of 2 minds about it for completely hypocritical reasons. On the one hand, Sabrina is super hot and as long as the MC can get both of them eventually, I don't mind a little Sabrina x Audrey. For some reasons Girls don't trigger my rage for the dreaded three letter word. On the other hand, I know this is completely hypocritical though because I would lose my shit if the scene had replaced Sabrina with a guy, like Smecker or Greenly, but since its a hot girl, i'm intrigued instead of angry.

My personal hope is that you do not include scenes showing our love interests fucking other guys. I think though that if you want to include scenes of the girls with other guys, give the players a way to opt out or avoid that scene.

A good example of this is The Tyrant, one of my favorite games, its fucking FULL of NTR buuuut, it gives you the option to turn that shit off right at the start! So someone like me, who doesn't want any other guy to touch my women, gets to still enjoy the game, keeps his women away from assholes, and eventually murder the rivals to make sure they are mine and mine alone.

That is just my preferences though and an example how I've seen others have done it. Ultimately it will be you're call if you even want that type of content in your game. (my hopes is you don't at all.)
I fully get that. I think it all depends on the situation about showing one of the girls fucking another guy. It might be one of those things I don't show, but work it to where there is speculation something might have happened, I don't know. Like I've mentioned before, the douchebag line is usually where I'm going to set things up to really screw with the MC. On the otherhand, I do want the main line to reflect real life. Just because someone likes someone doesn't mean that person is going to do nothing while things happen with the admirer. They're going to live their life, ya know? For me, there has to be a balance there. I've played games like that where the MC of a game goes around fucking everyone and finally gets the main love interest and that whole time, that main love interest hasn't done anything with anyone. It's not realistic, and storywise kinda makes that love interest one dimensional. When the character has dimension and there is legitimate interest there(not someone you're checking off on the list kinda thing), I think it makes it more satisfying once it happens. We want the whole thing based on choices. So if we get 10 updates into this and someone hasn't gotten with whomever, unless that character isn't unlocked just yet, it's the player that made the choice for something not to happen, ya know? So maybe one playthrough, based on choices you can't get with one person, but you go back and you make different choices and you're able to. That's what I want to set up. I don't want to restrict a character just for the sake of fucking with the MC/player. The only time characters are definitely going to be restricted from the player is the player chooses the douchebag line. Again though, the player won't be restricted from all of the characters. You just won't be able to land the more top tier characters of the game...Unless something fits in the story on the main line, the only time you guys will probably see a character get full on fucked is if you play the douchebag line. Again though, that's still a ways off if that even happens. I'm not going to make any promises that it'll never happen in the main line. I will promise that if it ever does happen, it's within the scope of the story and not just for the sake of doing it. I get that not everyone is going to be happy with the choices we make for the game and that's ok. I would hope people give it a shot at least before dismissing it outright. If you go back to an earlier post in the thread, I was trying to address people's concerns. One of the things I said is I'm trying to make this into a comic book if you will. A continual story that's going to have peaks and valleys as it goes with not necessarily an end in sight. With that in mind, I don't want to set up limitations that can prevent a good storyline down the line. I will be mindful in how I present stuff, certainly. There are plenty of vns out there just for fap material. We're not doing this JUST for that. In the end though, the player will always have the choice of what happens within.

ReturnofPoncho

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I think I kinda of answered this in my last reply. I had totally missed this the first time I read your message, lol. Again, something will only be shown if it fits within the story. Nothing will be shown just for the sake of showing it. I say this because at some point I'd like to do a storyline where a chick might be seeing the MC, but has an affair with someone else or a fwb if things with the MC aren't serious. And work that in the guilt of the character, does she tell the MC or keep it hidden. How does the MC respond? Does he accept her or reject her completely. If he accepts her, what issues come up later from this.....it gives me a lot of options as a writer which is why I said if something pertains to the story, all bets are off. I think for the most part I'll have things happen off screen, cause honestly I really don't feel like coming on here and explaining every decision we make, lol. Plus, put yourself in the shoes of these female characters, is it fair that we(The MCs of all the games) get to go around fucking everything while they have to sit and wait til it's their turn? lol Don't answer that, I know what you'll reply, lol. Rest assured though, we will be mindful of how things are presented. Personally, I like the route of suggesting something and leaving it up to the players imagination. I have experienced in some games that I'll like a character a lot, but I make a choice and she winds up banging someone else and they show it full on, it makes me care less about the character. When it has been suggested but I don't see it it actually draws me in more.

ReturnofPoncho

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
I think I kinda of answered this in my last reply. I had totally missed this the first time I read your message, lol. Again, something will only be shown if it fits within the story. Nothing will be shown just for the sake of showing it. I say this because at some point I'd like to do a storyline where a chick might be seeing the MC, but has an affair with someone else or a fwb if things with the MC aren't serious. And work that in the guilt of the character, does she tell the MC or keep it hidden. How does the MC respond? Does he accept her or reject her completely. If he accepts her, what issues come up later from this.....it gives me a lot of options as a writer which is why I said if something pertains to the story, all bets are off. I think for the most part I'll have things happen off screen, cause honestly I really don't feel like coming on here and explaining every decision we make, lol. Plus, put yourself in the shoes of these female characters, is it fair that we(The MCs of all the games) get to go around fucking everything while they have to sit and wait til it's their turn? lol Don't answer that, I know what you'll reply, lol. Rest assured though, we will be mindful of how things are presented. Personally, I like the route of suggesting something and leaving it up to the players imagination. I have experienced in some games that I'll like a character a lot, but I make a choice and she winds up banging someone else and they show it full on, it makes me care less about the character. When it has been suggested but I don't see it it actually draws me in more.

ReturnofPoncho
I want to clarify something to make sure i'm understanding you correctly.

If one of the love interest sleeps with someone else, that will be the MC's choice?
Or is it that the female characters wont wait around for the MC to make a move, they will be making passes of their own and hooking up with other men because it feels like a much more rich and fleshed out world?
These are two conflicting ideas, unless you plan on turning it completely sandbox and letting the player decide which relationships he pursues and in what order instead of waiting until they come to fruition in the main narrative.

I get what you are trying to say, I think.
You don't want to handcuff your narrative with promises that the girls wont fuck someone else before you have a chance to get them to commit. That way, if you have a story about the Love Interest cheating and want to do something like: "MC and Joyce are together but never had a discussion about exclusivity, (plus your an MC, you're fucking around too) and turns out, off screen, one of her sugar daddy's got Joyce pregnant! And its MR. Kelly! What will the MC and Joyce do!? Dun, Dun, Dun! DRAMA!" you totally do that and you didn't break your promise. But honestly? I would I hate a story line like this, and if I had no way to prevent a love interest from sleeping around, I'd drop the game.

I myself am a very jealous person, I don't like other men flirting/chatting up the Love Interests even if you haven't gotten a chance to woo them yet, and as I've said in an earlier post, I would HAPPILY murder every other male character in a VN if given the option, both friend and foe, just so they don't fucking touch my women, story be damned!

In you're above example of "Its fine if the cheating is just implied instead of shown." No, no its not. Ever hear the phrase: "Its the not knowing that kills me"? I agree that SHOWING it is way, way, worse but even so, cheating is cheating and I quickly grow to hate a Love Interests that just whores around after she's been with the MC. But that's just me, as I've said, I prefer for the MC to be the only one fucking his Love Interests (aside from other women), even if its completely hypocritical.

Bear in mind ReturnofPoncho, these are just MY opinions, I still support you doing whatever you like with your VN, even if it is something I won't play, i'd never demand you change anything just to suit 1 person. I'm just giving you my opinion as a fan of the work so far. I'll still cheer you on as both you and CodeGuy, even if I eventually decide its not a game for me, as I see you have/are putting alot of work into the VN.

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
I want to clarify something to make sure i'm understanding you correctly.

If one of the love interest sleeps with someone else, that will be the MC's choice?
Or is it that the female characters wont wait around for the MC to make a move, they will be making passes of their own and hooking up with other men because it feels like a much more rich and fleshed out world?
These are two conflicting ideas, unless you plan on turning it completely sandbox and letting the player decide which relationships he pursues and in what order instead of waiting until they come to fruition in the main narrative.

I get what you are trying to say, I think.
You don't want to handcuff your narrative with promises that the girls wont fuck someone else before you have a chance to get them to commit. That way, if you have a story about the Love Interest cheating and want to do something like: "MC and Joyce are together but never had a discussion about exclusivity, (plus your an MC, you're fucking around too) and turns out, off screen, one of her sugar daddy's got Joyce pregnant! And its MR. Kelly! What will the MC and Joyce do!? Dun, Dun, Dun! DRAMA!" you totally do that and you didn't break your promise. But honestly? I would I hate a story line like this, and if I had no way to prevent a love interest from sleeping around, I'd drop the game.

I myself am a very jealous person, I don't like other men flirting/chatting up the Love Interests even if you haven't gotten a chance to woo them yet, and as I've said in an earlier post, I would HAPPILY murder every other male character in a VN if given the option, both friend and foe, just so they don't fucking touch my women, story be damned!

In you're above example of "Its fine if the cheating is just implied instead of shown." No, no its not. Ever hear the phrase: "Its the not knowing that kills me"? I agree that SHOWING it is way, way, worse but even so, cheating is cheating and I quickly grow to hate a Love Interests that just whores around after she's been with the MC. But that's just me, as I've said, I prefer for the MC to be the only one fucking his Love Interests (aside from other women), even if its completely hypocritical.

Bear in mind ReturnofPoncho, these are just MY opinions, I still support you doing whatever you like with your VN, even if it is something I won't play, i'd never demand you change anything just to suit 1 person. I'm just giving you my opinion as a fan of the work so far. I'll still cheer you on as both you and CodeGuy, even if I eventually decide its not a game for me, as I see you have/are putting alot of work into the VN.
What I mean when I say the MC makes the choice, it's all the choices the player makes within the game that adds up to a situation. I keep on saying I want this to be more realistic. In real life, if you like a woman, she's not going to just sit around and wait til you ask her out. She's going to live her life.

See, to me, what you're asking for just makes playing a game pointless. Or any kind storytelling within the game. It's not realistic and just seems like an utter waste of time. I get where you're coming from that you like a certain type of game. We all have our likes and dislikes, but for me, having the models wait around til the MC gets to them is boring and I lose interest fast in stuff like that. Since I'm one half of the development team, I can't lose interest, lol. It goes back to the choices made in the game. If you choose the options where you're not caring too much about one love interest at the moment but said love interest gets interested in someone else, then what?

The thing that bugs me with the MC being the only one doing anything, it makes everything one dimensional and a complete waste of time in doing any of this. Right now, as I'm writing this, I have my other computer ready so I can work on renders....but I'm second guessing if it's even worth it now cause it just seems the answer is 'we all just want a fuckfest and that's it'. Hey, all these games are fapping material, I get it. But if that's the only thing that everyone wants, there is literally no point in continuing on with this project since it's been done over and over again. I hate games like that. No point to it, just fuck your brains and then click out of the game. And I apologize if it seems like I'm singling you out here...you're not the only one who has stated an opinion similar to the one you hold. I'm sick of having this conversation. The stories might be different, but the bulk of the games out there are the same thing. You come in as the MC, there are quite a few women around, they wait around til it's their turn in the story for you to fuck them and then the MC moves on to the next til they bang every female character in the game and it's over. Again, fap material is the point to most of these games...that's not lost on me at all.....but it's boring and one dimensional and I never get excited or attached to any of the characters in a game like that. Great example of the type of game I'm talkin about is the one you have at the bottom of your signature. Freeloading Family is a good game, it's put together nicely, but it got boring for me because it's a fuckfest game. I know people have plenty of opinions on T4bbo, but one of the reasons I liked Babysitter was because there was that threat of Silver and Robert. You had to make the right choices along the way or you were in for a rude awakening. The player has the power to prevent anything from happening and this is more of an example of what I mean. That threat is there and it makes me care about Jessica and Christine, more. If you don't have that threat, there is no payoff to the game in my opinion. And I know not everyone feels that way toward these games.....they want to fap and then move on with their life. Doing a one dimensional game doesn't interest me at all. That being said, I'm not sitting here saying I'm going to make any of the female characters whore around just for the sake of whoring around. It's got to fit within the framing of the story.....I don't even know if there will be a good way to do that storyline.....but I want my options open, ya know?

See for me, I like to play with jealousy in real life. We're all jealous to a certain point. For me, it actually turns me on to see a chick I'm with being flirted with...makes me proud she's appealing to others, but it also makes me want to take her even more and remind her why she's with me and no one else. Letting the dominance out to play if you will. Every person handles it differently, but I think used in the right context it can be a very good tool to use.

I appreciate you recognizing the amount of work Code Guy and I are doing with DIYE. Some of the things we've talked about in this thread, nothing is set in stone. My point of view is if it makes sense for the story, I want my options left open. If it means we lose someone as yourself as a player, well we'll just have to deal. If the story takes me that way it takes me that way. You have been incredibly supportive and both Code Guy and I appreciate a lot it. The encouragement always helps. Even if we do lose you as a player if you don't like where the story goes in the future, I do hope you'll at least stick around on the thread since you've certainly contributed to this growing community.

ReturnofPoncho

The ArcKnight

Donor
May 19, 2018
What I mean when I say the MC makes the choice, it's all the choices the player makes within the game that adds up to a situation. I keep on saying I want this to be more realistic. In real life, if you like a woman, she's not going to just sit around and wait til you ask her out. She's going to live her life.

See, to me, what you're asking for just makes playing a game pointless. Or any kind storytelling within the game. It's not realistic and just seems like an utter waste of time. I get where you're coming from that you like a certain type of game. We all have our likes and dislikes, but for me, having the models wait around til the MC gets to them is boring and I lose interest fast in stuff like that. Since I'm one half of the development team, I can't lose interest, lol. It goes back to the choices made in the game. If you choose the options where you're not caring too much about one love interest at the moment but said love interest gets interested in someone else, then what?

The thing that bugs me with the MC being the only one doing anything, it makes everything one dimensional and a complete waste of time in doing any of this. Right now, as I'm writing this, I have my other computer ready so I can work on renders....but I'm second guessing if it's even worth it now cause it just seems the answer is 'we all just want a fuckfest and that's it'. Hey, all these games are fapping material, I get it. But if that's the only thing that everyone wants, there is literally no point in continuing on with this project since it's been done over and over again. I hate games like that. No point to it, just fuck your brains and then click out of the game. And I apologize if it seems like I'm singling you out here...you're not the only one who has stated an opinion similar to the one you hold. I'm sick of having this conversation. The stories might be different, but the bulk of the games out there are the same thing. You come in as the MC, there are quite a few women around, they wait around til it's their turn in the story for you to fuck them and then the MC moves on to the next til they bang every female character in the game and it's over. Again, fap material is the point to most of these games...that's not lost on me at all.....but it's boring and one dimensional and I never get excited or attached to any of the characters in a game like that. Great example of the type of game I'm talkin about is the one you have at the bottom of your signature. Freeloading Family is a good game, it's put together nicely, but it got boring for me because it's a fuckfest game. I know people have plenty of opinions on T4bbo, but one of the reasons I liked Babysitter was because there was that threat of Silver and Robert. You had to make the right choices along the way or you were in for a rude awakening. The player has the power to prevent anything from happening and this is more of an example of what I mean. That threat is there and it makes me care about Jessica and Christine, more. If you don't have that threat, there is no payoff to the game in my opinion. And I know not everyone feels that way toward these games.....they want to fap and then move on with their life. Doing a one dimensional game doesn't interest me at all. That being said, I'm not sitting here saying I'm going to make any of the female characters whore around just for the sake of whoring around. It's got to fit within the framing of the story.....I don't even know if there will be a good way to do that storyline.....but I want my options open, ya know?

See for me, I like to play with jealousy in real life. We're all jealous to a certain point. For me, it actually turns me on to see a chick I'm with being flirted with...makes me proud she's appealing to others, but it also makes me want to take her even more and remind her why she's with me and no one else. Letting the dominance out to play if you will. Every person handles it differently, but I think used in the right context it can be a very good tool to use.

I appreciate you recognizing the amount of work Code Guy and I are doing with DIYE. Some of the things we've talked about in this thread, nothing is set in stone. My point of view is if it makes sense for the story, I want my options left open. If it means we lose someone as yourself as a player, well we'll just have to deal. If the story takes me that way it takes me that way. You have been incredibly supportive and both Code Guy and I appreciate a lot it. The encouragement always helps. Even if we do lose you as a player if you don't like where the story goes in the future, I do hope you'll at least stick around on the thread since you've certainly contributed to this growing community.

ReturnofPoncho

Hey, like I have said, I will still support you guys no matter what. You've put alot of work in to the game and so far, I like it alot. I'm just stating my opinions on a specific scenario when it comes to competition and jealousy. I get what you mean when it comes to The Babysitter, It was a really good game and as long as I had my route where I could keep the three women I cared about away from Silver/Robert, I was good. You have done a wonderful job on the story line so far and Codeguy has made sure everything has run smoothly (not sure if he's the other half of the story team, if so good job!) so don't detract from your plans. As you can see by Mr. Friendly's post, there are those who want that kinda drama and will become loyal fans because of it.

As for fuck fest games, I see freeloading family as a romance, to me, yes I like that there is no romantic competition, except for Leah x Alice in the start but you also get Leah so to me it doesnt count. Its a game about falling in love with multiple people and being able to balance that love equally even knowing that you might have to one day choose only one of them and how heart-wrenching even contemplating a decision like that could be because of how much time you've gotten to know these characters and fallen in love with them. A good example, there is a decision of banging the little sister of Leah, Karina or spending the night with Melody who finally blurts out during sex that she loves you... For this normally zany, and carefree character who never shows her true feelings, this has a HUGE deal emotionally, so when came to a decision on who to spend the night with there was literally no question about it, I choose Melody every time and have never regret it. So I get how some people can get bored with the lack of competition in the game, but thats not what its about and thats not the story it's trying to tell. Same thing with My New Family by Killer7. Its about the relationships and the romance, getting you to fall in love with the characters rather then the quick fap, fap, fap.

I think you and I just see jealousy differently is all. In you, as you have said, it sparks the dominance to assert itself, and it allows you to reassure her why she choose you. For me, it just sparks rage because, not to get too personal but, I was cheated on in the past. I loved her, trusted her, and was confident in her choosing me instead. I was wrong. So its just that my experiences have colored my perception of these things and that's why I never would be able to enjoy or be intrigued into an infidelity story arc, it just cuts too close to home.

But lets not beat a dead horse and move on, as I've said, that's completely a ME problem and you should keep going with what you are doing and the story you plan to tell. You've both done a great job and as long as you leave a way to avoid that shit, i'll still play. You and Codeguy will get better and better with each new update as you refine your skill and craft and by extension get more and more fans by just showing the depth of your work.

You guys are doing great, keep going.

Last edited:

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Thank you for the vote of confidence, man. I really appreciate. It does suck with the whole jealousy bit at times and fully understand where you're coming from. We'll keep on plugging away here and see what happens next, right?

As for Code Guy, he doesn't really write out the story...but he catches all my grammar screw ups and does all the editing. Though, the animation with Aubrey and that little bit actually was all him. We were wrapping up Day 2 and he threw that idea out there and I liked it a lot. He was thinking something fast and small, I kinda went nuts with the animation(looking back on it now, I made her legs move around too much, but for my first animation like that made from scratch, I'll take it, lol). He'll have some ideas though and I usually wind up working them in somehow within the story. We'll see what other stuff he might come up with as well, lol.

ReturnofPoncho

Last edited:
Reactions: The ArcKnight

GraphicusRex

Game Developer
Mar 6, 2020
Yeah, my job as I see it is to polish this baby as much as possible. DAZ sometimes spits out weird visual artifacts that are tricky to catch, and whenever possible, I catch them and fix them up in GIMP. Similarly, ReturnOfPoncho sometimes decides to write scripts at 3 in the fucking morning and spits out weird textual artifacts that I clean up. And every now and then I try to steer him away from ideas that are just too weird or gross or insane to benefit the game in any way.

For those of you who do not in fact want to see what Erik looks like during his special latex time with Brutus, you're welcome :p

But yeah, while I spell check and touch up every script document RoP spits out, the majority of what I do for this project is the coding. Ren'Py is a very merciful engine and I'm grateful for that, but I think RoP is about as allergic to code as I am to art. So far it's honestly been one of the healthiest and definitely the most productive creative partnerships I've ever attempted. Maybe not financially successful, but hey, one can dream! And honestly, if you want to help out without spending a cent, voting for us here or on (or even writing a positive review if you've got the free time) would go a long way toward putting us on the map.

-CodeGuy

3.50 star(s) 13 Votes