How should Henry and Devin's story continue? Should Henry force Devin to be his pet or child?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

taboo22

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
A quick read through to clear out some of the spelling errors (quite a few of which would be found by a spell check, e.g. ' techer' rather than teacher) would give a much better impression. Nearly every speech bubble so far has had spelling or grammatical mistakes.
lol, yes I agree. I wish RPG maker had a spell check. I try and catch them, but I get going to fast.

So turns out there is a spell check you can get for RPG maker. Just installed it.

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
lol, yes I agree. I wish RPG maker had a spell check. I try and catch them, but I get going to fast.

So turns out there is a spell check you can get for RPG maker. Just installed it.
Can you forcast us please,when the naxt update will release. This game have a bright future, so far we know you working on Day 9-10 right.

U

User_66221

It's still nice when developpers take time to hear differents feedback to make change and make their game better.

Reactions: taboo22

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
It's still nice when developpers take time to hear differents feedback to make change and make their game better.
Beside I give already some other option in Devine new live, not all but I keep some when the game get the tension for this.

taboo22

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Can you forcast us please,when the naxt update will release. This game have a bright future, so far we know you working on Day 9-10 right.
Day 9 is done. I'm started on day 10. There is still a lot to do for day 10, some larger more important events and I want to make sure they're done well. If things go really well, maybe this weekend, but more than likely it won't be until the following.

taboo22

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Hide message window. Do we want the key to be...
Left Control, Right Mouse Click or Left Shift?

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
ctrl is usually a skip/speed up text, but if you can do that by holding down z then maybe don't need. left shift usually dash, i wouldn't mess with that (would it break something else?). Q, W, S all good options, or the H for people who are used to seeing it in renpy games, honestly i don't know what your options are (addon dependant in rpgm right?)

Hoboy

Jul 24, 2017
Of those three probably right click, but agree with that the H key, if possible, would be best...

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Q and W are both often used as text-skip buttons within RPGMaker. It is always better to have a text skip button that is different than the option-select button and Z is generally an option-select button (although option-select also advances text). X often is bound to opposite of Z. Left shift, as has been stated, is generally a dash button. I've seen left control be used for text skip and for hide dialog both (not in the same game, obviously).

Therefore I would certainly avoid using Q, W, Z, X, shift (as well as other common, reserved keys: space, enter, escape).

Right mouse is a tougher one. It could certainly be used, but only if there is also a keyboard option. Laptops, emulators on a Mac, or just someone choosing to navigate the game with arrow keys, there are times when a right mouse button isn't convenient (let alone times it might not even exist).

As others have mentioned, H would be your best choice.

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
Q and W are both often used as text-skip buttons within RPGMaker. It is always better to have a text skip button that is different than the option-select button and Z is generally an option-select button (although option-select also advances text). X often is bound to opposite of Z. Left shift, as has been stated, is generally a dash button. I've seen left control be used for text skip and for hide dialog both (not in the same game, obviously).

Therefore I would certainly avoid using Q, W, Z, X, shift (as well as other common, reserved keys: space, enter, escape).

Right mouse is a tougher one. It could certainly be used, but only if there is also a keyboard option. Laptops, emulators on a Mac, or just someone choosing to navigate the game with arrow keys, there are times when a right mouse button isn't convenient (let alone times it might not even exist).

As others have mentioned, H would be your best choice.
It´s mention twice already don´t need to repeat again

redle

Apr 12, 2017
It´s mention twice already don´t need to repeat again
Actually the only mentions I saw of Q and W were that they were GOOD options. I never saw X mentioned at all. My post says those 3 are BAD choices. Those were the main points to be taken from my post. Also I discussed the mouse button which hadn't been addressed. The rest was reiteration, I'll grant you, but I like to have everything summarized in one place when I'm looking.

Plus dev was asking opinion question. It's like a poll. If only one person answers the poll is useless. I added my opinion and +1'd the other comments. And the dev never confirmed that H was an available option for him.

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
Sorry I played this game with the mouse until now witch is perfect like road trip and a new dawn there great games as well, what shit you talking about WASD or arrows x/z or shift/O console if you want cheat play another.
If the game developer Taboo22 change this I`m out as surporter and will not play with this fucking key´s. If she want the console we can change this or the H key to hide the text all other are bullshit sorry!

Wedged

Jan 30, 2018
An entire game about Congressman Devin Nunes releasing an Intelligence Committee memo? /jk

I hate to pile on, but please make any text box hide button key be also mapped to one of alternate keys over by the arrow keys if possible.

The game's great, looking forward to the next version.

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017
An entire game about Congressman Devin Nunes releasing an Intelligence Committee memo? /jk

I hate to pile on, but please make any text box hide button key be also mapped to one of alternate keys over by the arrow keys if possible.

Succuence a new game where you can do nothing with the mouse only move with arrows key fight with enter key, this is a good game, but compare to other games road trip, college life, a new dawn and so on you can hide with H but no arrows key to move, this will be a pain in the ass because the maps mutch wider and without experience on 1 hand to use 4 keys in one time you lost. I playing over 10 years with WASD keys professional games with over 50 GB, but this ok in small animation like these games I want a easy life and enjoy, not hit button to get forward. This destroy the fun of these games, because you have to use your attention to follow the right move, time and event according to the walktrough, and look to my keyboard to hit the right button . I want a Coffee in my left hand and play with one Hand mouse. Devin Nunes can can be smart but I want a easy life for simple games like this. If you hate to pile on than you have bad luck with me.

beijing999

Nov 27, 2017

Hey you smart pile about your X/Z button. You believe that everybody have the same PC as you. Somebody have US keyboard where these buttom opposite to german keyboard and so on. Please use your brain and not this from David Nunes, you are not smart enough for this. By the way: why you wright this shit on other games forum as mention above.
Because the will take leak before there read this crap.

taboo22

Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback about that key you want to see hide the message box. I didn't expect such a complicated discussion. For now I'm just going to go with left Crtl, and will also try and add right mouse click as an option also. This could change at a later date, but it's just the easiest and most common response I have gotten so far.

The update is also going well. It should be out this weekend. The actual new content is basically done. I'm just wanting to clean up little errors and test before I release.

Thanks

Taboo

3.40 star(s) 42 Votes